@STJCoachLavin

• 576 replies

Marillac

Re: @STJCoachLavin
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
Excellent news.  I love that he says "five more."  The confidence he has shown is awesome.  Good luck Coach Lavin and Coach Chiles!!!! 

Moose

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:10 AM »
Excellent news.  I love that he says "five more."  The confidence he has shown is awesome.  Good luck Coach Lavin and Coach Chiles!!!! 

He wouldn't say 5 unless he knew he could get 5
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
Or already has 5

boo3

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »
 In Lavs We Trust.

sju89tr

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 08:27:08 AM »
Lavin is a smart PR guy, he wouldn't have thrown out a number if it wasn't fully expected to come to fruition.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 08:30:33 AM »
See ya on Saturday Coach? National Tv against those Bruins?

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 09:03:30 AM »

No info, not trying to start a rumor but IMO I am starting to think there is a very real chance coach might not be coming back at all. Again just a feeling I have. I hope I am wrong
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:03:52 AM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

No info, not trying to start a rumor but IMO I am starting to think there is a very real chance coach might not be coming back at all. Again just a feeling I have. I hope I am wrong

At all, this year? Or at all, ever?

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 09:13:39 AM »
At all, this year? Or at all, ever?

Just a feeling I have. Bunch of things that have gone on don't add up if he is coming back. A lot of stuff makes more sense if he is not coming back. Again not what I want or based on anything other than my opinion.

Moose

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »

So what is he doing recruiting on the left coast with Tony Chiles?

boo3

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:12 AM »
  Still not following your train of thought, wasju.

You don't think he's back in bench this season? Or you don't think he ever returns?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:20:29 AM by boo3 »

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 09:34:37 AM »
Still not following your rain of thought, wasju.

You don't think he's back in bench this season? Or you don't think he ever returns?

I am starting to think he might be done here for good.
Here is my thought process for what it is worth:

Nuri situation- Granted the kid was flaky and from what people have told me and he might have has some issues acadamically. But his goal was to make the NBA and staying here with Lavin would have given him the best shot at that. From Lavin's perspective if he was coming back why basically tall Nuri good riddance when the other issues about Nuri were happening away from him. Wouldn't think istead of throwing away a kid you recruited you would see if you could resolve things yourself?

Recruiting vs Coaching- I am not a doctor but this just never really made any sense to me or really follows any kind of common logic. It is less stressful to supposedly fly around the country kissing kids asses as opposed to sitting on a bench. Dunlap seems pretty calm. Actually he looks like he might fall asleep sometimes.

Dunlap PR machine-every broadcast we hear his resume. Coached D2 was a legend in Guatemala or something and was an NBA asst. Seems like a plant.

Where's Waldo-Coach is supposedly in California, Georgia, Vegas, Disney World, Cancun. I think someone in Mexico reportedly saw him in his bowl of soup. Seems a bit staged.

Decommits / lack of recruits- If he is coming back I would say the perception is he is not.

My gut tells me he steps down after the season and pushes for Dunlap to take over.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 09:37:41 AM by we are sju »

CC

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 09:51:36 AM »
Still not following your rain of thought, wasju.

Nuri situation- Granted the kid was flaky and from what people have told me and he might have has some issues acadamically. But his goal was to make the NBA and staying here with Lavin would have given him the best shot at that. From Lavin's perspective if he was coming back why basically tall Nuri good riddance when the other issues about Nuri were happening away from him. Wouldn't think istead of throwing away a kid you recruited you would see if you could resolve things yourself?

Recruiting vs Coaching- I am not a doctor but this just never really made any sense to me or really follows any kind of common logic. It is less stressful to supposedly fly around the country kissing kids asses as opposed to sitting on a bench. Dunlap seems pretty calm. Actually he looks like he might fall asleep sometimes.

Dunlap PR machine-every broadcast we hear his resume. Coached D2 was a legend in Guatemala or something and was an NBA asst. Seems like a plant.

Where's Waldo-Coach is supposedly in California, Georgia, Vegas, Disney World, Cancun. I think someone in Mexico reportedly saw him in his bowl of soup. Seems a bit staged.

Decommits / lack of recruits- If he is coming back I would say the perception is he is not.

My gut tells me he steps down after the season and pushes for Dunlap to take over.

There is a part of me that feels the same way-- and I actually have heard that from people.

Moose

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »

Dunalp will not be the next coach here.  Ever

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:12 AM »

Whether he will be or not, I expect Lavin would like him to get the chance. Which is totally understandable from coach's perspective. Not from WASJU's but I do not get a vote.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 09:58:51 AM »
This is all old news. Baldi said this months ago and caught abuse. If this is the case, Danny Hurley needs to get an interview

sju89tr

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
If all the "insiders" on this board are correct then why even bother going out to recruit beacuse kids would just decommit or ask out of their LOI immediately.

I also am not sure why this master plan of Lavin would be discussed with anyone who would listen and then repeat it to everyone.  ::)

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »
This is all old news. Baldi said this months ago and caught abuse. If this is the case, Danny Hurley needs to get an interview

You flop around more than an old man's prick. He is not coming back, he is coaching at UCLA, make up your mind!

CC

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »

Cluess

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 10:18:19 AM »

You flop around more than an old man's prick. He is not coming back, he is coaching at UCLA, make up your mind!

I got something else I heard which would confirm it 1 way or the other. But, not yet