Syracuse - Game Thread

• 260 replies

gman

Re: Syracuse - Game Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »
That was one of the worst experiences of my SJU fanhood.  We got schooled on and off the court.  It was atleast 5:1 in fan base.  That's embarassing.  Their fans were quite classless.  Some of the stuff coming out of their mouthes was shameful.  They will fit right in down in the ACC.  I hope MSG bans them from playing there once they move, but considering how well they sell I doubt that will happen.

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »
That was one of the worst experiences of my SJU fanhood.  We got schooled on and off the court.  It was atleast 5:1 in fan base.  That's embarassing.  Their fans were quite classless.  Some of the stuff coming out of their mouthes was shameful.  They will fit right in down in the ACC.  I hope MSG bans them from playing there once they move, but considering how well they sell I doubt that will happen.

Classless? What were they saying? Did SJU fans have pics of Lauri Fine?

« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2012, 04:14:11 PM »
I  would agree that it was75% Cuse fans but I thought they were quieter than usual until half way through the 2nd half.  Good turnout by our students.  They were loud until there was nothing left to cheer about.

Out sized and out skilled.  We really need size next year.

derk

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
What a turrible day to be at the Garden. Just a bad atmsphere fo the St,. John.

Sent by my iChoz Phone.

Other than the loss, what ya mean?

Baldi man, it was like we was playin at the momofukuing Dome!

Shameful!

Brothers out there on the court deserve better!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iChoz Phone

UGH I hear ya. If you cant get the students to come out against the #3 team in the Country, wtf else is there? I think this is a problem for alot of schools, why go to game when you can watch it on tv or on your comp? Its a different generation, sad

Students came out.  But Cuse fans bought every other ticket imaginable.  What I hate most is Cuse fans sitting behind STJ bench and such.  Id' say it was 75% Cuse fans.  Agree?

SJU fans/students have some self respect. If you can't make the game at least don't sell them to anyone other then another SJU fan.

Moose

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »

Sent by my iChoz Phone.

Shameful!

Sent from my iChoz Phone

UGH I hear ya. If you cant get the students to come out against the #3 team in the Country, wtf else is there? I think this is a problem for alot of schools, why go to game when you can watch it on tv or on your comp? Its a different generation, sad

Students came out.  But Cuse fans bought every other ticket imaginable.  What I hate most is Cuse fans sitting behind STJ bench and such.  Id' say it was 75% Cuse fans.  Agree?

SJU fans/students have some self respect. If you can't make the game at least don't sell them to anyone other then another SJU fan.

Agreed.  I was on the fence more because I was afraid I'd end up pummelling a Cuse fan so unsure of going.  I did go.  And yes they were quieter.  The noon start didnt give them time to juice up.  That being said I'd let my tickets go to waste before I sell them on open forum where the chances of a Cuse fan getting them are real.
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »

Sent by my iChoz Phone.

Shameful!

Sent from my iChoz Phone

Agreed.  I was on the fence more because I was afraid I'd end up pummelling a Cuse fan so unsure of going.  I did go.  And yes they were quieter.  The noon start didnt give them time to juice up.  That being said I'd let my tickets go to waste before I sell them on open forum where the chances of a Cuse fan getting them are real.

Agreed Moose. I couldn't make it so I gave the ticket to my ticket partners kid. Other then that I would've ripped the danm thing up.

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »
Need guys like Dingle and Bernardi on this team

Poison

« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »
We don't have enough players to keep up with them. This was like a pro team against a bunch of street kids.

We are, what we are.

derk

« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »

We really need another 2-3 shooters I think.

Moose

« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2012, 04:30:04 PM »

No we don't.  Maybe Bernardi.  But he wanted minutes and no guarantee of them here.  Plus he has some issues with speed at his height.

We are focusing on the rebounding with our targets.  13 is when we will get a pure shooter.  Maybe the JUCO kid can give us some moments.  We have a very good shooter in Harrison.  We just need some reinforcements.

« Reply #170 on: February 04, 2012, 04:32:03 PM »

No we don't.  Maybe Bernardi.  But he wanted minutes and no guarantee of them here.  Plus he has some issues with speed at his height.

We are focusing on the rebounding with our targets.  13 is when we will get a pure shooter.  Maybe the JUCO kid can give us some moments.  We have a very good shooter in Harrison.  We just need some reinforcements.

I was talking about a fan standpoint. I think people want to root for kids from their neighborhood, from schools they went to. Giving 2 schollys to guys like this wont hurt you

Moose

« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »

I was talking about a fan standpoint. I think people want to root for kids from their neighborhood, from schools they went to. Giving 2 schollys to guys like this wont hurt you

Again couldn't disagree more.  The people who know Bernardi and Dingle already go to games.  Win, thats it.  They can field a team from New Mexico it won't matter.

boo3

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
  I , for one, truly miss the days of the looking into the crowd and seeing the Eugene Lawrence fan contingent light up the Garden. ::)

Moose

« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
  I , for one, truly miss the days of the looking into the crowd and seeing the Eugene Lawrence fan contingent light up the Garden. ::)

Exactly.  Where were the Dwight Hardy fans during his first year?  Where were they for Malik Boothe and JB24 the first 3 yrs?

« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »

Again couldn't disagree more.  The people who know Bernardi and Dingle already go to games.  Win, thats it.  They can field a team from New Mexico it won't matter.

Completely disagree. Im talking about the people who dont know either player, but are familiar with where they came from. Casual fan doesnt gve a rats arse about Sir Dominic or Gods Gift

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »

Exactly.  Where were the Dwight Hardy fans during his first year?  Where were they for Malik Boothe and JB24 the first 3 yrs?

Ok where are the Amir Garret fans?

boo3

« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
 Don't need casual fan support when you are winning. Only need casual fan support when you suck.  We won't suck anymore after this year. ( not saying we suck now)

Moose

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »

Completely disagree. Im talking about the people who dont know either player, but are familiar with where they came from. Casual fan doesnt gve a rats arse about Sir Dominic or Gods Gift

If there was ever an 'out there' logic, you have managed to perfect it.

Fans root for a local team or college they went to.  Not because the players are from the local area.

You cannot force a kid to go somewhere.  I talked to Bernardi's parents.  He did not want to come to STJ.  Have you talked to Dingle or his family?

boo3

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2012, 04:42:07 PM »
 how many fans does Brian Bernardi bring into the arena , on average, every game at the garden.  30?  at most...  Big deal.

« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »

If there was ever an 'out there' logic, you have managed to perfect it.

Fans root for a local team or college they went to.  Not because the players are from the local area.

You cannot force a kid to go somewhere.  I talked to Bernardi's parents.  He did not want to come to STJ.  Have you talked to Dingle or his family?

Why would I talk to their parents? I played with Dana Dingle though, at Carnesseca's camp. Why didnt Bernardi want to go to St Johns?