Syracuse - Game Thread

• 260 replies
Re: Syracuse - Game Thread
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »
Wow anyone see Henson dunk at the buzzer against the Terps? Uncalled for

I saw it.  He acted like a clown, afterwards. 

« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »

Its going to be funny watching them lose going into the sweet 16

kob24

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
I'm so #$%^ing sick and pissed with the fan base. that shit at MSG today was disgusting, disrespectful, and and it has me mad as hell. no way in hell should a bunch of country bumpkin take over our turf OUR #$%^ING HOME TURF. MSG IS OURS YOU HEAR ME OURS. That shit was unreal and not only did they take over but they sold the shit out. let me stop writing cause I'm about to break this computer. cause everyone complains they cant make it and blah blah blah. yet the mother#$%^ing man and woman I'm sitting near took off of work and drove 5 hours to watch that game. if u waiting on the team to win so u can start going to game YOU ARE NOT A FAN. ILL SAY IT AGAIN BECAUSE I SAID IT A FEW YEARS BACK ON HERE. IM A SACRAMENTO KINGS FAN AND THEY SUCK, IM A TAMPA BAY BUCCANNEERS FAN AND THEY SUCK. AND A YANKEE FAN AND THEY DIDNT WIN THE WORLD SERIES. I became a ST.JOHNS since Burrell commit ed here now I'm one for life. win or lose I'm At the games. IM a corrections officer and a bouncer and i have a 3year old and a 8month old and i find the time. IM #$%^ING DISGUSTED

« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
Amen, KoB.  I feel the same way.  I hate those bastards (the only team that would make me curse).  It is so frustrating watching what goes on at MSG.  They are on line waiting for food, commenting on the fact that they are not missing anything because it is just St. John's. 

I too am sick of the fans who sit at home and put down ourmplayers.  If you're a fan, you come out to the game.  Cuse fans probably bought tickets as soon as they went on sale.  Hat's why there are none available close to the day of the game.  I walked by a Hotel near the Garden.  Syracuse fans were pouring out, heading to the game and there was a big Syracuse logo on the front window.

Disgusting!

paultzman

« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
 KOB, on point. Our fan base is quick to complain and criticize, but don't get their rear ends in the seats. Tell me all you want that this is a pro town, but come on. Let's support a staff that is putting us back on the map.

boo3

« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »
  How predictable. Cuse blows out StJ at the Garden, The garden is filled with orange , and our fan base points fingers and turns on each other...  Didn't see this coming.   ::)

« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2012, 07:32:15 PM »

Its going to be funny watching them lose going into the sweet 16

Probably lose to Iona.  Mike Glover will hang 50 on Henson.

paultzman

« Reply #227 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:12 PM »
Just unwinding from dunk fest. Was iti me or did Bernie Fine slam one down on us in addition to ten other guys?

« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »
wow Gift getting posterized on espn by williams

« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »
. They have a much larger fan base that isn't afraid to shell out big bucks to follow and Support their team. What do you think the over/under will be on how many SJU fans will make the same five hr trip to support the team on a Sunday afternoon game at Gtown. Maybe 50, not including people on the players pass list? SU fans hammered the after market ticket agencies, Stub Hub and even our own season ticket holders, students included to watch their team. When has SJU EVER had a true following like the cuse, Pukon, or even Pitt? We cry and complain all the time when we get outnumbered in our own house, but the reality is what it is. We have a small fan base (like PC & The Hall) that actually financially supports the team compared to the big boys in the conference. When the team played in PR and Hawaii did any fans make the trip like other school fan bases do?Did any travel from NY to support the team in Cali last year?
Ponder this thought, IF the BE tourney was ever moved out of MSG and say went to DC, would we even be able to sell out of our allottment of tickets?

« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »
I'm so #$%^ing sick and pissed with the fan base. that shit at MSG today was disgusting, disrespectful, and and it has me mad as hell. no way in hell should a bunch of country bumpkin take over our turf OUR #$%^ING HOME TURF. MSG IS OURS YOU HEAR ME OURS. That shit was unreal and not only did they take over but they sold the shit out. let me stop writing cause I'm about to break this computer. cause everyone complains they cant make it and blah blah blah. yet the mother#$%^ing man and woman I'm sitting near took off of work and drove 5 hours to watch that game. if u waiting on the team to win so u can start going to game YOU ARE NOT A FAN. ILL SAY IT AGAIN BECAUSE I SAID IT A FEW YEARS BACK ON HERE. IM A SACRAMENTO KINGS FAN AND THEY SUCK, IM A TAMPA BAY BUCCANNEERS FAN AND THEY SUCK. AND A YANKEE FAN AND THEY DIDNT WIN THE WORLD SERIES. I became a ST.JOHNS since Burrell commit ed here now I'm one for life. win or lose I'm At the games. IM a corrections officer and a bouncer and i have a 3year old and a 8month old and i find the time. IM #$%^ING DISGUSTED
Never thought I would say this because I come from a family with many police personnel in it and I was an ADA in Suffolk county but I feel sorry for the inmates wherever you are a corrections officer. LOL. :)

« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »

+1 So disgusted to see that so many SJ season ticket holders obviously dumped their tix

« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »
I just watched the hometown university (South Carolina) play Kentucky tonight IN South Carolina.  UK probably outnumbered the Gamecock fans 55-45.   If the Gamecocks were winning then it would've been different.  UK brought fans here, while some live here.  I'm at a bar with several of 'em.  So, when you win things will be different.

« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »
PS even our local SNY basketball report show instead of saying "visiting Syracuse" said Syracuse playing at their home away from home!
Perception is everything

gman

« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2012, 09:45:11 PM »

+1 So disgusted to see that so many SJ season ticket holders obviously dumped their tix

You mean in general or today?  We probably have a very low number of season ticket holders.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »
Yes this was an embarrassing display by SJU fans, but there are a few reasons for this as well.
1. Syracuse has been a well oiled machine for years, it is easy to become a cuse fan young because there always good. Syracuse traditions and identity has stayed intact (except there just called the Orange now) St. John's has been pretty medicore since the early 90s with only spurts of good years in between. How many coaches have we had since Louie retired? The name change, changed out identity (you will still here people scream let's go redmen), how many mascots have we gone through?
2. A lot of Syracuse students graduate and move to the city, so there is already a solid base.
3. Who can fans identify with? In one year your entire roster changed, and your new coach has coached since February. Dunlap is doing a great job but Lavin has a personality as big as the city and he is not getting that face time with the local media.
4. It would not suprise me if a lot of fans have the wait until next year approach because everyone knows that this year will be a struggle...For Cuse fan this is a good by tour, who knows when they will be back at the Garden after this year.
5. When your college team is your "professional" team, the fan base always has an edge (Go to a Texas A&M game, it really is a unique college experience).

These may be lame excuses but this program has been left to rot for 20yrs which in sports world is a few generations lost. Even the Yankees played to an empty stadium in the early 90s...St. John's is on the right track as long as Lavin is here, but it will take time to rebuild that fan base. Lavin will rebuild the pride in our fan base and just like last year St. John's will start being talked about in the local papers and the garden will be rocking again. Last years BE tournament was roughly 50/50 St. John's/ Cuse fans from what was reported, so there are fans out their.

My buddy who is a Syracuse fan tried to get me going and I responded that Syracuse is doing St. John's a huge favor between their the scandal, Coach B making fun of the victims, and leaving for the ACC, Syracuse is doing a tremendous job in helping St. John's grab NYC back from them. It will be frustrating but once we reestablish our winning ways again, get out of the habit of talking about "when Mullin was at SJU", and continue to get great recruits the fans will show up.     
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #236 on: February 04, 2012, 11:14:56 PM »
Agree with KOB. I was in the Garden lobby a few minutes before 11:00 waiting for the doors to open. There were hundreds of Cuse fans there with long lines to pick up tickets at the "will call" window. Derrick Coleman was there signing autographs and posing for pictures with all the fans. I think I saw 2 other people wearing SJU gear.

« Reply #237 on: February 04, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »
Agree with KOB. I was in the Garden lobby a few minutes before 11:00 waiting for the doors to open. There were hundreds of Cuse fans there with long lines to pick up tickets at the "will call" window. Derrick Coleman was there signing autographs and posing for pictures with all the fans. I think I saw 2 other people wearing SJU gear.

Where was Chris Mullin? Walter Berry? They werent there?

Moose

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2012, 12:54:10 AM »

Hammer, Nail, Head.

Truer words couldn't be spoken KOB.
Remember who broke the Slice news

ris

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2012, 01:40:23 AM »
Pointer, 31 minutes. 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists.