oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
"The Iron Unkind"
« on: December 05, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
EL - 3/12, 5 turnovers

LW - 1/9, 0/6 from 3

JB - 3/12

DJ - 3/9

We are not beating ANYONE on the road when our best players(besides Mase) can't throw the ball in the ocean. Especially a border line top 25 team like Miami... The bottom line is this game was tied at the half, 42-38 with 10 minutes left & 52-43 with 4 minutes left. In other words the final score was very deceiving & chalk this one up as an AWFUL shooting night against a very good team on the road... if we lose two games in Hawaii & lose to Marist at MSG then i'll start to worry about this team... Thankfully i see us losing only one more game before conference play begins..  ;D .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Re: "The Iron Unkind"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »
how about the fact that there were very few good shots taken because there is still very little to no zone offense?
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »
I agree. I hate when players settle for a 3 pt shot when they have an open lane in front of them. Also we went to the line very little due to all the 3's taken which we talk about in the latest broadcast of Jungle Radio
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »
they are not a very good team.

i truely believe the "fast break offense" is not a good offense-type.  you see memphis last night.  it can be stopped with good defense.  when playing against a good defense, i doubt STJ can do a lot about it.  i think coaches should start going back to half-court offenses. 

we needed LW to be big last game. i expect him to bounce back.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »
they are not a very good team.

i truely believe the "fast break offense" is not a good offense-type.  you see memphis last night.  it can be stopped with good defense.  when playing against a good defense, i doubt STJ can do a lot about it.  i think coaches should start going back to half-court offenses. 

we needed LW to be big last game. i expect him to bounce back.

actually mike brey found a great defense last night by playing that diamond and 1. also, and even cal would admit this, hes missing a shooter or two from making that offense consistently successful.  if you saw, ND was giving up that baseline 3 all night and memphis didnt hit too many of them.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »
didn't ND face kansas state? 

memphis is defintely missing that shooter but still.  you can see in the NBA the suns have never went to the finals. 

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 10:26:29 PM »
sorry, i meant usc. i love the princeton-on-steroids offense though because it is extremely easy to recruit top notch talent into that system.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »
EL - 3/12, 5 turnovers

LW - 1/9, 0/6 from 3

JB - 3/12

DJ - 3/9

We are not beating ANYONE on the road when our best players(besides Mase) can't throw the ball in the ocean. Especially a border line top 25 team like Miami... The bottom line is this game was tied at the half, 42-38 with 10 minutes left & 52-43 with 4 minutes left. In other words the final score was very deceiving & chalk this one up as an AWFUL shooting night against a very good team on the road... if we lose two games in Hawaii & lose to Marist at MSG then i'll start to worry about this team... Thankfully i see us losing only one more game before conference play begins..  ;D .. peace!

SJU has never been able to shoot the 3 ball. They don't need to improve in that area.
They need to stop taking that shot. Period.

Didn't see that tough interior defense either. Your "no easy baskets" line from October can be laid to rest now.
I did like hearing it. I just wish it was true.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 11:20:27 PM »
yea, i wish it were true though. Dele needs quicker feet and more iq on the court.

Also agree on the 3's...sometimes less is more. We could be more effective in a smaller sample of 3 pt shots. I think we fell in love with the 3 ball too much with the early success.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 11:36:14 PM »
i dont think the # of 3's taken are that much of a problem (although they should be reduced).   what i think is the problem is that nobody plays any gaps against the zone. 

kob24

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 11:52:15 PM »
fellas st.johns has a very athletic team they should have a running offense but the problem with that is they have a pg who is bugging out right now. they should also be pressing. i mean the one thing geno is good at is defense and malik hands down is one of the best defensive guards ive seen. why isnt coach pressing.?why is there a oop play for paris and mason coming off of injury but none for a 6'8 athletic freak? my head is hurting and not because they lost but because of simple things

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 11:37:21 AM »
The prior 2 posts show me that you guys played some ball, either now or back in the day.  Good work.

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
fellas st.johns has a very athletic team they should have a running offense but the problem with that is they have a pg who is bugging out right now. they should also be pressing. i mean the one thing geno is good at is defense and malik hands down is one of the best defensive guards ive seen. why isnt coach pressing.?why is there a oop play for paris and mason coming off of injury but none for a 6'8 athletic freak? my head is hurting and not because they lost but because of simple things

Seriously.. . people will come up with a million reasons here..    but what it comes down to...

NORM ROBERTS IS NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL COACH...      its becomes more and more obvious every year...

Say what you want about cleanming up the program..     that was the easy part and any coach with 1/2 a brain could have done it...

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 10:47:25 PM »

A backdoor screen for Justin would be awesome, but it's easier to set up one for Paris since justin is naturally down low and Paris on the wing....wings are always more likely to have an oop thrown to them.  Plus, Paris and Mase finish oops as well as anyone, so I have no problem with them being fed oops.  Same reason Lavor Postell was gettin tons his way back in the day.

Coach should ABSOLUTELY be pressin at all times.  We've gotten little tastes, but I wanna see a 40 mins of hell type of thing goin on...
"I drink and I know things"

kob24

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 02:46:09 PM »

Seriously.. . people will come up with a million reasons here..    but what it comes down to...

NORM ROBERTS IS NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL COACH...      its becomes more and more obvious every year...

Say what you want about cleanming up the program..     that was the easy part and any coach with 1/2 a brain could have done it...

um excuse me sir did i say anything about coaching? i wasnt making any excuse about norms coaching at all i just want him to put in a oop play or just thats all

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »
that's what we need...a return to rucker basketball.  we might win ten games this year if we go rucker.

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 11:14:52 PM »
I think Norm will have them attacking the hole this Saturday in an effort to take more free throws, we are a good free throw shooting team.

pmg911

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 07:36:18 AM »

um excuse me sir did i say anything about coaching? i wasnt making any excuse about norms coaching at all i just want him to put in a oop play or just thats all

Was not saying you were making excuses..    and you did ask about coaching in your original posts...

why isnt coach pressing.?why is there a oop play for paris and mason coming off of injury but none for a 6'8 athletic freak?

My comment about Norm was in regards to that....

kob24

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 12:44:45 AM »
oh aight cool