Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S

• 188 replies

DFF6

Re: Marco Bourgault - SF - Monroe CC - St. Malo, France - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »
I hear there will be a report later in the week in the Post. we will see.

i would imagine we'd get some pub once all the recruits are signed.  all we have our verbals, that doesn't allow for the school to comment on.  So it makes sense we don't have any pub. Plus in order to get into the news, it's usually triggered by a press release from the school.   everything is still very fluid right now.  too many variables.  turner, chandler, goodman, nolan...  we'll get our press once lavin decides.

Sampson's verbal was reported on by the local newspapers, and I believe most, if not all, of the verbals from the 2011 class were reported on well before they signed commitments.  Accordingly, the press did not find the verbals from our last three recruits as newsworthy as some of our past verbals.

ris

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »
No stories because no local recruits

When Sampson committed for the second time there were articles and he is no local:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/st-john-recruit-jakarr-sampson-literally-big-pickup-red-storm-article-1.1039453

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/impact_forward_sampson_recommitts_btMEsbNrM9G5KohD2iiQfL

But when we outrecruit Oakland for Hooper and Louisiana Tech, Penn State and St. Louis for Bourgault perhaps the reporters don´t give too much consideration for these news.

desco80

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »
Ris is absolutely right.

The recruits who have verbal-ed so far aren't on par with Jakarr.   We beat out Kansas and other Big East programs to sign him.

The press don't know who Hooper and Bourgault are.  And, depending who you listen to, Sanchez may still be thinking things over with his people. 

Were getting visits from 4 or 5 top 100 type recruits,  Nolan, Wood, Turner, and Goodman, and we'll hear about Chandler sooner or later.  So I'm sure there will be press coverage when the staff is ready to announce things. 

Plus, there's Obekpa.  Although it appears we'll be an after-mention, in that article.   

« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:34:27 PM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »

Last I checked Monroe College plays its games in that beautiful city of New Ro.  A mere 20 minutes from STJ.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2012, 03:41:14 PM »

Last I checked Monroe College plays its games in that beautiful city of New Ro.  A mere 20 minutes from STJ.

Other than message board heroes, nobody has ever heard of these 2.  One from France, the other from DR.

Moose

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 03:43:01 PM »

Other than message board heroes, nobody has ever heard of these 2.  One from France, the other from DR.

NYC is a melting pot.  Publicize it.  Remember how you want NY players because Brian Bernardi and Daniel Dingle would have packed MSG.  Maybe French and Domincan's will come now :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

NYC is a melting pot.  Publicize it.  Remember how you want NY players because Brian Bernardi and Daniel Dingle would have packed MSG.  Maybe French and Domincan's will come now :)
Felipe had a DR following.

MCNPA

« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 04:21:35 PM »
Ris is absolutely right.

The recruits who have verbal-ed so far aren't on par with Jakarr.   We beat out Kansas and other Big East programs to sign him.

The press don't know who Hooper and Bourgault are.  And, depending who you listen to, Sanchez may still be thinking things over with his people. 

Were getting visits from 4 or 5 top 100 type recruits,  Nolan, Wood, Turner, and Goodman, and we'll hear about Chandler sooner or later.  So I'm sure there will be press coverage when the staff is ready to announce things. 

Plus, there's Obekpa.  Although it appears we'll be an after-mention, in that article.   

I get the feeling that Orlando is going to be a lot better than people are assuming.  He has amazing athleiticism for 6'9" and wasn't utilized for all his talents at Monroe.  I think he will be a legit threat in the frontcourt.  He has elite athleticism and can dribble and shoot as well as board. 

kjd01067

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »
Theo, who watches a lot of bball, in earlier posts said Sanchez has nba talent.  Never seen him play so can't comment but some think he is that good. I would be happy if he is a  JB2 talent.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:33:22 PM by kjd01067 »

paultzman

« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »
Ris is absolutely right.

I get the feeling that Orlando is going to be a lot better than people are assuming.  He has amazing athleiticism for 6'9" and wasn't utilized for all his talents at Monroe.  I think he will be a legit threat in the frontcourt.  He has elite athleticism and can dribble and shoot as well as board. 

Agree Marcus!  He played on a team with two guards who never gave it up, limiting his touches. Very well rounded player, who will have a nice impact right away IMO.

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »
Ris is absolutely right.

Toatally agree with your assessment MCN.

Poison

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:45 PM »
If you'd really like to know why the NYDN and the NYP didn't cover this why not send a Twitter message to one of their journalists?

crgreen

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »
.  Never seen him play so can't comment but some think he is that good. I would be happTheo, who watches a lot of bball, in earlier posts said Sanchez has nba talenty if he is a  JB2 talent.

Theo wasn't the one last year saying Nuri was NBA-ready, was he?   :)

LJSA

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
.  Never seen him play so can't comment but some think he is that good. I would be happTheo, who watches a lot of bball, in earlier posts said Sanchez has nba talenty if he is a  JB2 talent.

Nuri was a ballhog and a quitter. Makes him NBA ready in my book.  ;D

desco80

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:23 PM »

To be fair, a number of people on the board were saying that.   But so was Chad Ford from ESPN.   
Ford is no Mel Kiper of basketball, that's for sure.    If ESPN devoted half the resources to the nba draft that they do the the nfl draft, they would've laughed about even mentioning Nuri as a prospect for the league.

« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
And Marco checks in at no. 49 in Brad Winton's top 100 JUCO's:

http://www.jucorecruiting.com/?page_id=434

« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 11:44:20 PM »
I hope we keep an eye on their other big guy next year who was a freshman this year. I liked him a lot in the playoff games

« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 11:57:10 PM »
I hope we keep an eye on their other big guy next year who was a freshman this year. I liked him a lot in the playoff games

+1!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #138 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

From every photo and video I've seen it looks like Sanchez clearly has an inch on him, and Sanchez is said to only be 6'8 3/4.  I would like to think that we would only be looking at legit top players for the next two years with the core in place:  Lawrence, McCullough, etc.

I can't imagine he'd be good enough to play over more experienced guys like Pointer, Garret, Sampson, Sanchez, Bourgault,  and (possibly) Obekpa and/or Chandler. 

« Reply #139 on: June 02, 2012, 01:35:53 PM »

From every photo and video I've seen it looks like Sanchez clearly has an inch on him, and Sanchez is said to only be 6'8 3/4.  I would like to think that we would only be looking at legit top players for the next two years with the core in place:  Lawrence, McCullough, etc.

I can't imagine he'd be good enough to play over more experienced guys like Pointer, Garret, Sampson, Sanchez, Bourgault,  and (possibly) Obekpa and/or Chandler.
Nice problem to have. :)