Final Four

• 39 replies

pmg911

Final Four
« on: March 25, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »
Is anyone headed to New Orleans next weekend?

Good chance I will be there and would great to meet up with some Johnny fans.

boo3

Re: Final Four
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »
  I wish.  Enjoy.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 12:39:30 PM »
Oh man I miss New Orleans. Outstanding food

boo3

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »

Crawfish etouffee!  Only time i was in NO was for Jazzfest in 2001. i've been wanting to go back ever since.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 12:42:27 PM »
Hey PMG, I'll be down there. Haven't seen you since the Stout Big East Board gathering for the West Virginia game a couple years back. Would be great to meet up, let's be in touch

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »

Crawfish etouffee!  Only time i was in NO was for Jazzfest in 2001. i've been wanting to go back ever since.
My girlfriend and I went to Jazzfest last year for the 1st time. It was awesome.

It's both of ours favorite city in the U.S. People unbelievably friendly down there.

If I wasn't going to South America next week we'd be going back to Jazzfest this year ( I really wanted to see Tom Petty there )

Oh well. Definitely going to try to go back this year for a long weekend or something

Moose

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 12:57:32 PM »

My girlfriend and I went to Jazzfest last year for the 1st time. It was awesome.

It's both of ours favorite city in the U.S. People unbelievably friendly down there.

If I wasn't going to South America next week we'd be going back to Jazzfest this year ( I really wanted to see Tom Petty there )

Oh well. Definitely going to try to go back this year for a long weekend or something

Maher going away?
There is a shocker
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »

Maher going away?
There is a shocker
  LOL !!

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Jazzfest? Tom Petty?
C'mon now.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Jazzfest? Tom Petty?
C'mon now.
You'd be shocked how little jazz there is at jazzfest now.lol

There are maybe 8 stages with music all going on at the same time. Actually the best music the day we went was in the gospel and blues tents. Although it gets freaking hot in those tents. John Legend was pretty good also.

Depends on the day you go if you get to catch a Kermit Ruffins or a Trombone Shorty. Sometimes it's easier to catch them playing in one of the bars at night

gman

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »

There is food in no? Maybe I shouldn't haven't spent the weekend too hungover to eat

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »

There is food in no? Maybe I shouldn't haven't spent the weekend too hungover to eat
You might have eaten and just not remembered from drinking so much. That happens a lot down there :)

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »
I'll be there. Wed-Sun
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2012, 04:39:39 PM »
 yeah, those smaller stages is where you catch the truly great acts. Second the gospel tent. 

Sharon Jones, Dottie Peoples, Blind Boys of Alabama....list goes on and on.

I think the year we did Jazzfest, Paul Simon and Dave Matthews were the headline acts.

boo3

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »
 Never been to a Final Four. Without a doubt, it is on my bucket list. Kinda waiting for STJ to get there to pull the trigger.  Thought all hope was gone until we got Lavin.  .

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
Never been to a Final Four. Without a doubt, it is on my bucket list. Kinda waiting for STJ to get there to pull the trigger.  Thought all hope was gone until we got Lavin.  .

This. If SJU gets to one I will be sure to go.

Moose

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
I'll be there. Wed-Sun

You and PMG need to get together for a nice dinner.  Candlelight, optional.

Moose

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

I thought that way too.  Then went to Detroit a few years ago because I got some freebies.  What a hole that place was haha.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 08:13:45 PM »
In New Orleans try Brennan's for breakfast.

First item on the menu: Eye Openers.

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Maher going away?
There is a shocker
And Chile just got whacked an hour ago with a 7.2 earthquake. Son of a biatch
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 08:59:48 PM by mjmaherjr »