Thanks for a great season

• 8 replies
Thanks for a great season
« on: March 10, 2008, 03:15:46 AM »
First off I would just like to thank all you guys for making this such a great season here at JohnnyJungle.com I thought the Jungle was a great success in year 1 like the team we have a lot to improve but I think potential is high. Next year I'm going to be adding a lot more features, try to clean up the site as much as possible, things will flow a little bit smoother as I'm getting the hang up running the site. I also want to thank everyone for making the forum here so great. I'm the only moderator and I rarely have to do any moderation and I take my hat off to you guys for making things so easy going. We're all about talking hoops here and I think there has been a great deal of information, insight, and discussion on everything from players, coaches, games, recruiting, and off topic. As always I like to hear your input on matters. If you think something would be good to add here voice your thoughts as its your website as much as it's mine.

Secondly I'd like to thank the Johnny Jungle writing staff and make you guys aware of all the hard work they do on a game to game basis. All the writers are volunteer and dedicate a lot of their free time committing themselves to deadlines for you guys. Garrett who has been with us from day 1 with Calm Before the Storm did an excellent job with providing great coverage and insight into the games. I know Garrett spent a great deal of time researching stats, previous matchups between opponents, studying patterns, and the whole nine. He was a rock of johnny jungle and I couldn't have done it without him. I truly think his column is the best pre-game out there keeping everyone in the know. In addition to Garrett I'd like to thank Dylan out recruiting writer who is going to be working hard all summer attending AAU games on the recruiting trail keeping us up to date with who is checking out who and who is looking good/bad. He has really put our recruiting page on a whole other level. Nick Balzo and Dan Bart for splitting the season on the post game reports. Dan being a freshman at St. John's has a long blood line of St. John's graduates in his family should really be a solid part of Johnny Jungle the next four years. Also Matt Waters our latest edition to the team I'd like to thank him for being the truest "writer" we have on staff adding a little Page 2 Bill Simmons-esque writing to the site. I think once he gets into the swing his page is another thing you'll consistently want to visit. Also my radio partner Matt Pascone it was really fun trying that out with him I wish we could do it more because we both enjoy doing it so much but its hard with my schedule and with myself living in NJ now hopefully we can figure out a way to stream it soon so we can both do it from home and we can get some interviews on there. Thanks to all of them they all did a tremendous job and I know you are only going to see bigger and better things out of them next season.

With all this being said I need a break. I'm tired and burnt out from the season and I'm taking a week off from updating the site. I think the week off will do me good so I can recover and come back full steam. I will make 1 update tomorrow with recruiting since Dylan has been attending HS state games and has some recaps and scouting reports. After that I'm closing the laptop and looking at it minimally over the next week. I hope you all understand I need some rest but I expect you to all carry on without me and keep everything in order on the forum. Also reminder please sign up for the March Madness contest on Yahoo the official Johnny Jungle group.

Sincerely

Dave
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Thanks for a great season
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 07:18:13 AM »
you've done a great job.  you deserve a break. 

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
Keep up the great work.  We appreciate it.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »
Straight up.
You provided a haven fo me and mine. Much appreciate fo keepin the civility strong and the hoops talk flowin.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:46:32 AM »
thanks for everything...if saturday was any indication of the 2008-9 season, we will have much better things to talk about next year....

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 10:24:54 AM »
Thanks for providing a great site Dave ! Your hard work doesnt go unnoticed and this is the greatest site for STJ hoops.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 10:29:34 AM »
Yeah, good work, Dave.  Take a solid break, enjoy some postseason basketball.  And always feel free to holler at the board if you have some more good ideas.  You and your people have been excellent.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »
Great job, keep up the good work! Now go and get yourself a few beers, you deserve it.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »
Good Job Davey, now go get your shinebox!