Best player in Big East?

• 25 replies
Best player in Big East?
« on: June 14, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
Can our own D'Angelo Harrison be that guy? Im probably missing a few, but I think Harrison,Sean Kilpatrick and Cleveland Melvin are tops right now

Poison

Re: Best player in Big East?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »
Others: Siva, Benehan, Dieng, Carter, Fair, Triche, Rudd & Collins.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:29:44 PM »

Siva and Rudd yes. Im drawing blanks on Carter and Collins? Triche imo will always be a roll player

Poison

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:38:49 PM »

Siva and Rudd yes. Im drawing blanks on Carter and Collins? Triche imo will always be a roll player

Triche will be the only senior on that team. He's going to be very good IMO. I can't want until he leaves. He owns us.

desco80

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
Dangelo is up there.   Kirkpatrick, Behanan, and Melvin are with him on the top shelf I think. 
I also think Triche, Napier, and Cooley deserve mentioning.   
And I'm interested to see how good Pitt's freshmen big man is, and Ledo if he makes it to Providence.   

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »
Dangelo is up there.   Kirkpatrick, Behanan, and Melvin are with him on the top shelf I think. 
I also think Triche, Napier, and Cooley deserve mentioning.   
And I'm interested to see how good Pitt's freshmen big man is, and Ledo if he makes it to Providence.

Pitt's big man Adams is very, very good.  Phenomenal rebounder.  True 7-footer but athletic too.  I am thankful we have a guy like Obekpa to help against him.  IMO D'Angelo is top 5 in the league right now.  We will see who separates and the league has a lot of new players this year.  Siva could be tops right now.  Triche is pretty good, but more of a shooter off screens.  He benefitted tremendously because of the overall strength of the team. I'm not sold about how great he is overall as a player. 

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 11:46:34 AM »
I may be biased but of all the players mentioned so far Deangelo is numero uno in my book!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

Carter-Williams will be very good.  He had to defer to Joseph and Waiters last year quite a bit even though he was a big time recruit.  Collins was also great for USF as a frosh PG leader.  Will be interesting to see how he grows but I don't think he's quite up there with the other names being mentioned. 

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
What about Council?

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
What about Council?

Will he touch the ball with Ledo there?  ; )

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 01:40:04 PM »
I think Todd MAyo emerges as well

redslope

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »
I think Melvin will a force this year as he gets surrounded by better players.  I have seen him 2 years in a row at alumni and I like his game and growth.

Siva is too out of control at times. he can be wonderful and they do something atrocious.  if he can be consistent he will be in the league elite.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »
I bet that Siva is pre-season player of the year...

derk

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 03:04:22 PM »
I bet that Siva is pre-season player of the year...

As long as Pitino is there to ride his ass.

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 09:17:18 AM »
Guys who haven't been mentioned....

Fuquan Edwin, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatwright, Otto Porter, Davante Gardener, Russ Smith
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »

Fuquan Edwin, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatwright, Otto Porter, Davante Gardener, Russ Smith

Of the ones above, I like Porter the best.  Edwin is a great defensive force, but not Consistent on O.  Boatright could get there this year.  Napier hot/cold. Porter is excellent.  He was one of the few guys last year that really wowed me with his size, athleticism and skill.

crgreen

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 01:29:56 AM »

Of the ones above, I like Porter the best.  Edwin is a great defensive force, but not Consistent on O.  Boatright could get there this year.  Napier hot/cold. Porter is excellent.  He was one of the few guys last year that really wowed me with his size, athleticism and skill.

Find it interesting that folks here can easily expect a 9 pt 6 reb guy like a Porter to  explode this year as the top player in the conference, yet throw zero support behind one of our guys like D'lo (double the scorer Porter is),  Amir or Sir Dom being that player to explode - or even our own 9pt 6 reb guy Gods Gift (in the exact same 29 minutes a game as Porter)  :)

MCNPA

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2012, 05:49:40 AM »

Find it interesting that folks here can easily expect a 9 pt 6 reb guy like a Porter to  explode this year as the top player in the conference, yet throw zero support behind one of our guys like D'lo (double the scorer Porter is),  Amir or Sir Dom being that player to explode - or even our own 9pt 6 reb guy Gods Gift (in the exact same 29 minutes a game as Porter)  :)

I think D'lo is way ahead of a guy like Porter.   My comment on Porter is just that I loved his game and upside.   I think he'll be a real good one.

desco80

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »

One of the UCONN guys is going to have to score a ton this year.  So I wouldn't e surprised if Napier or Boatright had really high scoring avgs.
Napier scored pretty well last year and that was with lamb and the bigs still around.    Hell get all the shots in the world this season.   Similar to dangelo

Poison

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

One of the UCONN guys is going to have to score a ton this year.  So I wouldn't e surprised if Napier or Boatright had really high scoring avgs.
Napier scored pretty well last year and that was with lamb and the bigs still around.    Hell get all the shots in the world this season.   Similar to dangelo

Napier and Boatright were both good last year, but that was with two legit big men and Jeremy Lamb. When you have to be the go to guy, it gets much harder. All I'm hoping for is suffering in Connecticut. I'll take it any way I can get it.