i have a confession to make

• 3 replies

sjd8886

i have a confession to make
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »
after the horrid gtown loss i was rooting for us to lose every game from then on out so we would finish on a an 11 game losing streak, finish 7-23, a record which would be impossible to overlook, so maybe some change could take place...i sent monasch an email with about 5 games left in the season, and i just looked for it and cant find it so sorry i cant post it, but to sum it up i said this:
ive been a fan since i was a junior in hs, and i am still one now as a senior in college (i go to fordham, not st johns since i run track and they felt it necessary to take away their track team)...every year i have suffered through a dismal season but i never gave up hope bc i know how much we have going for us...we have a poor playing facility, but we have tafner field house and if we became a top notch program again we could get more games at the garden...we have nyc talent pool...we have great alumni and a great conference....always on tv even with the seasons we have been having of late...i told him i was happy norm has been here, not for 4 years, but in the end he cleaned up the program...now i believe this could have been done in less than 4 years but he did it...he re-established recruiting in the city and beyond...he gave a strong foundation for the next few years...he's a very hard worker and loves this school and this program and i love that about him and from day 1 i was hoping it would happen with him at the helm, but it hasnt, and it most likely wont...i told monasch all it would take is one great coach...one pitino or calapari to come in...i believe if this happened it would be almost like a dream...in their first year we would lock down major recruits, not even guys like burrell, but guys like beasely would come just bc of the coach...2 years later we have a competitive team and an ncaa hopefull...4 years later we could have a powerhouse once more...i'm sorry to go on like this but it seems everyone should get one chance to put in their two cents on this program, especially one like me, who doesnt know the glory days...my first season was the nit championship...ive been a fan since and i hope one day i can say i stuck with this team through its hardest hours and was rewarded...btw, monasch has not responded :)

Re: i have a confession to make
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:46:25 PM »
welcome to johnny jungle.

sjd8886

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »
welcome to johnny jungle.

thanks man, ive been reading for a while and never posting...ive been trying to get more involved in the site

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:55:06 PM »
I wrote Monasch a couple of emails also but I never and will never root for STJ to lose.  I don't care who is the coach or what the circumstances are.  I guess thats just the competitor in me.  Welcome to Johnny Jungle !