Notre Dame Leaving BE?

• 13 replies

paultzman

Notre Dame Leaving BE?
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:58:43 AM »
Lot of chatter yesterday about this. Personally believe it will happen..

“@VUhoops: Is Notre Dame on the move? http://t.co/cBiUOzvS Rumors have the Irish leaving the Big East”

Re: Notre Dame Leaving BE?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
My feeling is so what. If they are not willing to join for Football let them go.

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
Good...  Replace them with Xavier.  They don't do much for us anyway.  If they do go, it will be to Big 10 I'm sure.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:06:26 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Good...  Replace them with Xavier.  They don't do much for us anyway.  If they do go, it will be to Big 10 I'm sure.

My thought is we would replace them with a school that plays football.

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:19 AM »

My thought is we would replace them with a school that plays football.

Why?  We have enough football schools.  Replace one bball-only with another.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
Some analysts have speculated that the ACC is a better fit because of ND's enormous East coast fan base.  The B1G football contract is the best right now, but if ND negotiates to keep most of their contract money, ACC may sneak in.

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:14 AM »
Some analysts have speculated that the ACC is a better fit because of ND's enormous East coast fan base.  The B1G football contract is the best right now, but if ND negotiates to keep most of their contract money, ACC may sneak in.

ACC football is as obsolete as Big East football. Clemson, Georgia Tech, FSU, Miami, V-Tech all want to leave. There are 4 major football conferences which are PAC-12, Big 10, Big12 and SEC.  That's it period!   IMO Notre Dame isn't leaving for any conference except one of the Big 4 conferences, and their rivals are in the Big 10.

ras

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 11:30:39 AM »
I never the  thaught BE should have taken ND if they werent joining for FB also. FB was always the weak link. To think the BE turned down Penn State.

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »
I would miss those neon green jerseys

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
I never the  thaught BE should have taken ND if they werent joining for FB also. FB was always the weak link. To think the BE turned down Penn State.

+1 On the ND comment.

SJU85

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »

BE turned down Penn State in the early years, long before ND joined.  I agree though, it was a mistake.

When Miami joined the BE, they did not bring their outstanding baseball program with them as they played a national schedule also. 

Quite frankly, ND leaving would not upset me as much as Cuse, BC and Pitt.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »

BE turned down Penn State in the early years, long before ND joined.  I agree though, it was a mistake.

When Miami joined the BE, they did not bring their outstanding baseball program with them as they played a national schedule also. 

Quite frankly, ND leaving would not upset me as much as Cuse, BC and Pitt.

BC was bad. Cuse & Pitt is a killer.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
Where will SU be when JB retires?

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
Where will SU be when JB retires?

It will hurt, but they have such a strong following.