Big Recruiting Weekend

• 93 replies
Re: Big Recruiting Weekend
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2012, 07:43:32 PM »
I trust the staff but really confused with this.. We have 40 kids who play his position already

Maybe Lavs wants this kid in the NCAA Slam Dunk contest and Hooper in the 3-pt contest :-)

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:47 PM »
Looks like he is hosting a 2012 player, Christian Jones from IMG.  Originally from Texas.  Not much info on him as he appears to be an under the radar type of kid.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/06/28/on-draft-day-lavin-is-still-recruiting/

I know nothing about him.. but the kid looks put together and looks like a silly athlete.

Christian Jones 2k10 - 2k11 college recruitment reel

I have seen him listed at 6'6 ..Not so sure he is a 6'8 PF.. and agree with Moose that i'm not sure why we are still recruiting for this year.

Looks like a Gathers-type.  Undersized Thomas Robinson.  Either way, looks like a bull and a heck of an athlete.  If Wood not coming, I'd prefer a kid like this.  No problem with the staff not saving scholarships.

We must be watching different highlight videos, because I see none of that.

You  dont?

No.  To paraphrase Jon Rothstein, there's so little Rico Gathers/Thomas Robinson in Christian Jones (at least based on this highlight video).  Kid looks like a good athlete, not at all like a bull in the post.  Then again, that highlight video seems to be before his time at IMG.  Maybe he's grown, maybe his skill set is different, but I don't see the comparison that Marcus made at all.

I think he looks big, and just as tall as Gathers if not taller/longer. To me theres no doubt he plays down low. But thats just my opinion
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »
I want this kid and ill stand by it. I think he looks like a beast.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
I want the coach that Lav really wants. REALLY wants.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
I want the coach that Lav really wants. REALLY wants.

Oh you tease ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 09:32:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure coach is well aware of the scarcity of scholarships and the level of talent available in the coming years. If Lavin is bringing THIS kid to campus for THIS year, he obviously sees something in him that makes him worth the effort. I'm trusting Lav on this one, curious to see how it plays out.

paultzman

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »
Perhaps several folks are visiting. Hmm!

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Perhaps several folks are visiting. Hmm!

Paultz know it.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
And who is the coach he REALLY wants...

desco80

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »
So, it's Friday.. and as far as we know Christian Jones is what Lavin was referring to when he said "Big Recruiting Weekend for the Johnnies"?

I gotta believe somebody else is visiting as well.    I guess time will tell.   Maybe Choz is right and he has some interesting assistant coach in town for the weekend.   

paultzman

« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »
So, it's Friday.. and as far as we know Christian Jones is what Lavin was referring to when he said "Big Recruiting Weekend for the Johnnies"?

I gotta believe somebody else is visiting as well.    I guess time will tell.   Maybe Choz is right and he has some interesting assistant coach in town for the weekend.   

Believe somebody else myself.

« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
And who is that...

Moose

« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »
And who is that...

Ha

If he knew or if he or Choz could tell they would have :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2012, 04:29:31 PM »
 ;)