Carmelo Anthony holding basketball camp at St. John's

• 105 replies
Carmelo Anthony holding basketball camp at St. John's
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
TheKnicksWall
Carmelo Anthony will be holding a two-day, inaugural basketball camp on August 24th and 25th. It will be held at St. Johns University.

Hopefully he isn't running the ball movement drills for these kids.

Re: Carmelo Anthony holding basketball camp at St. John's
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:06:47 PM »
TheKnicksWall
Carmelo Anthony will be holding a two-day, inaugural basketball camp on August 24th and 25th. It will be held at St. Johns University.

He finally understand that STJ is NY's team  :)

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »
that's great!  the whole team will be on campus by then.  great experience for our guys.

desco80

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:21:28 PM »
'Cuse fans must love this.

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »

How come I'm the only one here lol'ing at this?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 04:23:51 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
TheKnicksWall

Lol! Pick and Shoot replacing P&R!

LJSA

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »
He'll be running his famous Black Hole drill.

crgreen

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »

How come I'm the only one here lol'ing at this?

I imagine this was put together while Mike Dunlap was still here.  He and 'Melo are close from their Nuggets days.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 10:08:04 PM »
He has ruined the knicks

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:38 PM »
He has ruined the knicks

He doesn't have the team around him to be successful. Amare is a bum.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
come on...willis reed is 70...bradley is close.  those were the "glory" days. most of the posters here weren't even alive for the last championship.

you're blaming melo for the bad karma surrounding the team?

i think it's great that he's holding a camp on campus.  more exposure for new york's team.

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
He has ruined the knicks

what was there to ruin?

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
He has ruined the knicks

If the Knicks didn't have Melo they would of won 20 games this year. He's a top 10 player in the league and the best player they have had in a long time
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:14:41 PM by Redstormy80 »

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 12:23:14 AM »
Lebron, wade, howard, paul, rose, durant, westbrook, rondo, love, dirk, lamarcus aldridge, kyrie, deron, kobe,     Thats 14 guys id take over melo in a heartbeat for next year, not even getting into guys that would be debatable like griffin, garnett, gasol, bynum, josh smith, horford, etc. 

Melo is a volume scorer and doesnt make his teammates better.  Pass.  As in on him and what he should do more of.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 12:25:37 AM »
Regardless, it is great exposure for the Johnnies to have an All-Star, popular, NBA guy around our program.  Lav will sell this like he does everything else.

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 07:28:35 AM »
Yet another clever move to draw attention to St. John's.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
Lebron, wade, howard, paul, rose, durant, westbrook, rondo, love, dirk, lamarcus aldridge, kyrie, deron, kobe,     Thats 14 guys id take over melo in a heartbeat for next year, not even getting into guys that would be debatable like griffin, garnett, gasol, bynum, josh smith, horford, etc. 

Melo is a volume scorer and doesnt make his teammates better.  Pass.  As in on him and what he should do more of.

Aldridge, Bynum,KG,Josh Smith,Griffin,Horford and Kyrie Irving is laughable

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »

I stopped reading after aldridge

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »
It's funny how Melo is maligned for not passing the ball enough, did you guys see who he was out on the court with for most of the season? Remember against the Celtics in the playoffs last year when Melo was going the eff off, knocking down everything from everywhere, straight unconscious? Last play of the game, he is triple teamed, so he throws a perfect pass to Jarred Jeffries, WIDE OPEN underneath the hoop. Jeff botches the play, ends up getting blocked by Garnett, Knicks lose. After the game Melo is ripped up by fans and media for "not taking the big shot".

Melo is a willing passer, and a very good one too. This only becomes a problem when the guys on the floor with Melo can't hit the broad side of a barn. If the Knicks had an actual shooting guard who could shoot a basketball Melo would have had like 2 more assts per game over the year. I don't know how many times Landry brick layered (or airmailed) a wide open trey from Melo. Literally, I don't know how many times, I can't count that high.

Melo is a flawed player, but he is a damn star who can do everything on the court. Yeah he shoots a lot, because he is the best offensive player in the league. I don't want to hear about Durant, scared to shoot the ball in the 4th quarter vs Miami (if Lebron had KD's performance, he would be getting sodomized in the media right now), not to mention Melo is strong and can bully into the paint, KD will tip over with a light breeze.

Melo's a baller, let him ball. Or we could just run him out of town after we went through a year of trying to bring him to NY.

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »
He has ruined the knicks

If the Knicks didn't have Melo they would of won 20 games this year. He's a top 10 player in the league and the best player they have had in a long time
I'd take everything back traded for Melo in a heartbeat and I think they'd be a better team