Summer School

• 48 replies

paultzman

Summer School
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:02:23 AM »
“@STJ_Basketball: Eleven are in Summer II next week, and @Amir_Garrett is with the Reds until Aug. RT @jonsays: How many Johnnies are enrolled so far? #STJBB”

kjd01067

Re: Summer School
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:05:21 AM »
Hmmm so who is missing... Jones?

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
“@STJ_Basketball: We have 12 scholarship players signed right now. Amir is with the Reds, all the rest plus walk-ons will be on campus! #stjbb! @pmg911”

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 11:13:29 AM »

Yes, grant paperwork not yet processed.

kjd01067

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »

Yes, grant paperwork not yet processed.

HAHA I knew it was Jones I was just joking around because I was expecting the conspiracy theories to start.

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »
Great news is that we will have all our team qualified this season.  All will begin practicing for the season starting next week.  All we're waiting for is Jones who is imminent when the paperwork is done.  Fantastic to have a loaded team entering this season.  This season will be fun.

crgreen

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
Great news is that we will have all our team qualified this season.  All will begin practicing for the season starting next week.  All we're waiting for is Jones who is imminent when the paperwork is done.  Fantastic to have a loaded team entering this season.  This season will be fun.

Couldn't agree more.   As I noted on another thread (maybe even another board) - Mo Harkless had to improve his game banging against 185 lb Sam Sealy in practice.   Jakarr Sampson is gonna be trying to push around the 220+ lb Christian Jones, who, while obviously not in the same class as a player,  looks like he CAN match Jakarr bump for bump AND even jump for jump.

How many people realize that we had only ONE player on the roster over 210 lbs last year - GG listed at 236.     Mo was at 208,  D'l0 at 202 and Jamal White at 200  along with GG were the only 200 lb'ers on the roster.

This year, Gift, Obekpa, Sanchez, Jones, Sampson, D'lo, Bourgalt, Hooper, Garrett, and White (is he returning?) Are all 200 lbs +, and as many as 6 over 210.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »

Couldn't agree more.   As I noted on another thread (maybe even another board) - Mo Harkless had to improve his game banging against 185 lb Sam Sealy in practice.   Jakarr Sampson is gonna be trying to push around the 220+ lb Christian Jones, who, while obviously not in the same class as a player,  looks like he CAN match Jakarr bump for bump AND even jump for jump.

How many people realize that we had only ONE player on the roster over 210 lbs last year - GG listed at 236.     Mo was at 208,  D'l0 at 202 and Jamal White at 200  along with GG were the only 200 lb'ers on the roster.

This year, Gift, Obekpa, Sanchez, Jones, Sampson, D'lo, Bourgalt, Hooper, Garrett, and White (is he returning?) Are all 200 lbs +, and as many as 6 over 210.

I would think if Bourgalt  and Hooper are 200+ (which im not sure they are), than Pointer certainly would be as well.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 08:46:03 PM »
Its great to hear that all the players will be on campus early in the summer and get a head start on meshing with one another.

Two match ups I would love to see are Sampson and Sanchez going at eachother, as well as Sir Dom trying to shut down D'angelo, while D'angelo tries to light him up. Great practice for each of them
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 08:58:59 PM »
On a sad note Rise Academy can't count on SJU as a feeder school this year with incoming recruits.  :2funny: :2funny:

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:53:21 AM »
There was a tweet yesterday from STJ Basketball twitter page that says we expect to have another FULL scholly by next week...

Obviously talking about Jones.

MCNPA

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »
There was a tweet yesterday from STJ Basketball twitter page that says we expect to have another FULL scholly by next week...

You mean in summer school as in he will be ready to practice?

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »

You mean in summer school as in he will be ready to practice?

Correct.  It was in reference to the earlier tweet of having 11 out of 12 scholarship players enrolled next week (all except Amir) and then later it was noted that it is expected to have a 12th player by next week as well.

crgreen

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 12:30:04 PM »

I would think if Bourgalt  and Hooper are 200+ (which im not sure they are), than Pointer certainly would be as well.

Sir Dom is listed at 196 on the St. Johns roster - tho I'm looking forward to this fall's official measurements.   You're right - he's most likely well over 200 this season.   The weights for  Marco and Max, I pulled from the official rosters of Monroe College and Harvard University - both are listed at 210 lbs for last season.

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »
Summer classes (& unsupervised practices?) started yesterday.

Any info on who is or isnt sighted yet ?

Any comparisons/height wise ?
Are JaKarr & Sanchez same height as Gift ?
Molloy '71

MCNPA

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »

Any info on who is or isnt sighted yet

I believe all the kids are there except Amir and Jones.  Jones actually can probably be there weight trainig etc though.  Hopefully his paperwork comes through soon and càn get our team completed.

Moose

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 11:13:07 AM »

I can lend my tape measure to anyone who needs it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:47 PM »

I can lend my tape measure to anyone who needs it.
But only you can come up with the true heights Moose and besides only yours are considered official. :)

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
thought this was the best thread for this:

Moose

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 04:09:43 PM »
Marco looks bigger than all of them

Oh wait its depth perception the way the image was shot.  :2funny: :idiot2:

Now that I got that out of the way nobody has to comment. :up:
Remember who broke the Slice news