Realistisc Expectations This Season

• 106 replies
Realistisc Expectations This Season
« on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »
I say we go about 17-13 overall, maybe get a few vote considerations for national polls but never crack it. We emerge as a possible bubble team, and just miss making the NCAA's. I hope I'm wrong, but if I had to bet my money, that's what I'd say.

Any other takers?

Re: Realistisc Expectations This Season
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 09:06:39 PM »
Im going to say we finish 4th in Big East. Definite bid. A ton of experience returning and fresh legs make a huge difference

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13:02 PM »
Wow 4th...nice. I wouldn't mind that  :). That mut mean we are ranked too. What teams do we beat out to place 4th?

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:25:05 PM »
Wow 4th...nice. I wouldn't mind that  :). That mut mean we are ranked too. What teams do we beat out to place 4th?

I think Syracuse,Louisville and Cincy finish ahead of us

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »
You really think Pitt, G'Town, Marquette, and UConn fall under us? I see us as more of a 7th or 8th place mid-level Big East team. I hope I am dead wrong.

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:38:59 PM »
You really think Pitt, G'Town, Marquette, and UConn fall under us? I see us as more of a 7th or 8th place mid-level Big East team. I hope I am dead wrong.

Pitt is solid.  Georgetown lost a lot.  Marquette lost a ton in crowder, johnson odom etc.  Uconn will be awful.  They have no established frontcourt at all as it stands.  I think we finish somewhere between 4-6th in the league.  We are dancing.  Too deep and talented and return 4 starters. 

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
See if we kept Harkless I could agree with you easily. But I just feel that we need more experience yet before we can really make a run. Making the tournament would be great. If we get ranked AND make the tourney, I think SJ basketball is back and we get tons of media coverage. All it took was us making the tournament 2 yrs ago to appear as a topic on PTI (ESPN), Sportscenter, etc. Bottom line, when SJ is good, NY supports them and the hype will be there. I sure hope you're right. My questionmark is Branch and how good he can be for us. We will be fine on defense, but offensively other than Sampson and D'Lo, not sure who to trust. Hopefully Branch turns out to be nasty and Christian Jones turns out to be a steal.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »

Us?  Since when did Iona join the Big East?

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:42 PM »

You have to get over that at some point

RedVet

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »

Hey, the way things are going ...

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »
See if we kept Harkless I could agree with you easily. But I just feel that we need more experience yet before we can really make a run. Making the tournament would be great. If we get ranked AND make the tourney, I think SJ basketball is back and we get tons of media coverage. All it took was us making the tournament 2 yrs ago to appear as a topic on PTI (ESPN), Sportscenter, etc. Bottom line, when SJ is good, NY supports them and the hype will be there. I sure hope you're right. My questionmark is Branch and how good he can be for us. We will be fine on defense, but offensively other than Sampson and D'Lo, not sure who to trust. Hopefully Branch turns out to be nasty and Christian Jones turns out to be a steal.

How many teams in Big East have more experience than the guys we have coming back?

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 10:23:23 PM »

How many teams in Big East have more experience than the guys we have coming back?

Get over what?

First you use "us" and now "we."  Trust me I don't need to get over anything guy...

Poison

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 10:23:38 PM »
Uconn has no depth. SU lost their 4 best players. I don't see how anyone could be so sold on the unknown. I'm curious to see where Depaul goes. Can they build on some success from last year? They have one of the conference's best in Melvin.

For us, it's too soon to know what we've got. Once we see the new guys, we'll know. Clearly, we have a load of athletes, and more depth than we've had since 97-98.

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »

Get over what?

First you use "us" and now "we."  Trust me I don't need to get over anything guy...

We've been down this road a hundred times before FORDHAM. This is a good thread, try not to ruin it

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »

Pitt is solid.  Georgetown lost a lot.  Marquette lost a ton in crowder, johnson odom etc.  Uconn will be awful.  They have no established frontcourt at all as it stands.  I think we finish somewhere between 4-6th in the league.  We are dancing.  Too deep and talented and return 4 starters. 

Unfortunately Georgetown has a lot of young talent returning.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »

Get over what?

We've been down this road a hundred times before FORDHAM. This is a good thread, try not to ruin it

Ruin what?  Don't tell what me what to do we can spend the next 10 hours re-posting nonsense from you on thread after thread.

And I don't use the terms "we" and "us" as if I am a member of a team let alone a fan of one.

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:38:57 PM »

Get over what?

Ruin what?  Don't tell what me what to do we can spend the next 10 hours re-posting nonsense from you on thread after thread.

And I don't use the terms "we" and "us" as if I am a member of a team let alone a fan of one.

Sounds like someone needs to get laid

MCNPA

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »
I think one big key this season will be Obekpa on the back line.  Going to change the game plan for a lot of teams.  Won't be easy for guys to throw up bunnies near the glass.  He's just that good of a shotblocker.

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 10:54:59 PM »
I think one big key this season will be Obekpa on the back line.  Going to change the game plan for a lot of teams.  Won't be easy for guys to throw up bunnies near the glass.  He's just that good of a shotblocker.

Right on, huge difference. Than WE have Gift to spell him, GG played too many minutes last year

Moose

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 10:58:51 PM »

Unfortunately Georgetown has a lot of young talent returning.

And a lot coming in DSR and Domingo.
Remember who broke the Slice news