The youth card

• 11 replies
The youth card
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:54:12 PM »
Coach K played the we're young and WVU is more experienced card....I guess Norm isn't the only coach that uses that in his post game quotes.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

Re: The youth card
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:31:39 AM »
Coach K played the we're young and WVU is more experienced card....I guess Norm isn't the only coach that uses that in his post game quotes.

Hah. I didn't see Kevin Pittsnoggle or Mike Gansey in the game.
Joe Alexander is a star now. Not a top 100 recruit by any means, but a hard worker. Love his game. 

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »

Joe Alexander is a star now. Not a top 100 recruit by any means, but a hard worker. Love his game. 

Joe Alexander is the best player in the Big East without argument

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:46:36 AM »
Joe Alexander $%^* all over Duke in the post game press conference saying Duke wouldn't cut it in the Big East saying something to the effect that Duke wouldn't be a top 6 team and something like how the Big East is just tougher. I don't have an exact quote I just heard this on sports center

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »
Joe Alexander $%^* all over Duke in the post game press conference saying Duke wouldn't cut it in the Big East saying something to the effect that Duke wouldn't be a top 6 team and something like how the Big East is just tougher. I don't have an exact quote I just heard this on sports center

That is great, gotta love this kid

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:51:27 AM »
Based on the results from the tourney, Alexander is right.  WV beats Duke and Nova beats Clemson.  So the 7th and 8th BE teams in the tourney knock out the 2nd and third place teams in what was supposed to be the "best conference in America."

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »
Based on the results from the tourney, Alexander is right.  WV beats Duke and Nova beats Clemson.  So the 7th and 8th BE teams in the tourney knock out the 2nd and third place teams in what was supposed to be the "best conference in America."

I like Miami today against Texas!

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 12:58:14 PM »

I like Miami today against Texas!

I hope they do considering I picked St. Marys over Texas it would really improve my bracket chances. I always try and pick one crazy upset and St. Mary's was my squad.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 01:28:42 PM »

What does it matter whether Alexander was a top 100  recruit, thats irrelevant now...He's one of the best players in this tournament whether he was a big recruit out of high school or not.

kob24

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »
jj u should have picked davidson over gtown. stephen curry dived in georegtown ass today wow. that was a hell of a performance and a great coaching job.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 05:59:04 PM »

it wasn't as bad as you say...he just said that Duke wouldn't dominate the Big East...and that there were at least 6 teams that were on par with them. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 07:53:32 PM »
jj u should have picked davidson over gtown. stephen curry dived in georegtown ass today wow. that was a hell of a performance and a great coaching job.

haha thanks for telling me this now...Kob are you in the bracket pool on yahoo with everyone?