i hope they realize its not going to happen on its own

• 3 replies

sjd8886

i hope they realize its not going to happen on its own
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:43 AM »
i realize its stupid to make predictions in march for the coming year....so i'm not going to ;)...now i hope we get a big man for next year, but i'm not getting my hopes up...looking at the roster we have potential for a decent season next year but a lot of work must be done in the offseason...now i know mason was sidelined for a bit of the season and wright wasnt used the right way, but those two guys need to be stars for us and they weren't this year...they were good, and def had their moments, but they didn't necessarily carry us throughout the season...burrell tried to do to much and was overwhelmed by all the attention he was getting but this kid more than anyone on this team, i have faith in...he seems to be a very hard worker and very dedicated young man and i think he comes back next year in phenomenal shape...mason has to work on his handle...too many times this season he drove to the basket and looked semi-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded either stumbling around or losing the ball, and also someone needs to crack him over the head everytime he shoots that fadeaway jumper till he stops doing it...wright needs more muscle, let him keep doing what hes been doing bc it seemed to have worked for him last offseason...let tj spend all summer just working on his vertical leap, rebounding, handle, and conditioning, dont make him waste his time trying to learn how to score...coker needs to develop some sort of offensive game bc hes gonna have to start next year most likely or play a lot of minutes...idt theres much to worry about rob other than his knee...if its better he'll be better...he had a long layoff and hard recovery, he'll get his game back...as far as dj, i'd love for him to go into this offseason working on his handle and passing skills bc we need a backup pg and when he was recruited both him and norm said he could play point if he had to, maybe norm can ease him into playing it a few min a game to give boothe a rest...speaking of boothe, he needs to develop an offensive game...this season he seemed aggressive and quite strong, so he needs the jumper and i think he'll be set...evans needs to work on his entire game, hes progressed quite a bit this season, he might come back a new man next season...and lastly cavataio, he needs pretty much a complete overhaul as well...didnt get much time to play this year but he looked lost at points

but anway, with a few improvements this lineup doesnt seem that bad:

Boothe pg       
Mason sg
dj sf
burrell pf
coker c

with backups of:
dj pg ( i know dj is a stretch at point but unless you want a walkon playing dont say im stupid for suggesting this)
wright (obviously our 6th man...think mason is better suited for the sg and dj is good enough to start at sf so wright comes off the bench)
rob thomas sf
sean evans (hopefully the kid takes the steps necessary to be a productive backup)
tj c (would be a great backup if he does what i said earlier)

then you have horne coming off the bench to fill in either at sg or is some sort of 3 guard lineup...and theres a few other possible lineups if we go smaller that we showed this year, etc

« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:18:02 AM by sjd8886 »

Randomhero423

Re: i hope they realize its not going to happen on its own
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 01:39:11 AM »
we need a backup pg badly.

i think we will be in the bottom 2-3 next year to be honest. 

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
You're asking for a miracle. It is CLEAR that Norm Roberts cannot use his talent to the best of their abilities. If we had a legitimate BE coach here, I think he would get much more out of our roster, while at the same time recruiting excellent basketball players to fill in the gaps. But it ain't happening anytime soon.

sjd8886

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 01:54:37 AM »
You're asking for a miracle. It is CLEAR that Norm Roberts cannot use his talent to the best of their abilities. If we had a legitimate BE coach here, I think he would get much more out of our roster, while at the same time recruiting excellent basketball players to fill in the gaps. But it ain't happening anytime soon.

ohh i at no point ever said anything about norm developing these players...the thought of norm developing a player at this point is laughable...they must do it on their own over the summer...and i agree with you about a legit coach as does everyone on this board...dont get me wrong, the class he brought in for this year was good, i think theres real talent in dj and burrell, and alot of upside in the others, but its not a class that wowed anyone...you got kansas state bringing in one of the top classes in the county last year all bc of huggins...we need a name...unfortunately we have an AD with his head up his butt, who extends norm before the tourny ends, so he doesnt get a chance to see and hire a former st johns coaching candidate who took a team of nobodies to the elite 8 :(