• 34 replies

Poison

Phil Greene - Chudney Gray
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »
Anyone else see it?

TONYD3

Re: Phil Greene - Chudney Gray
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:40:14 PM »
Would have taken it. I love chundney. Greene is going to be much better.

crgreen

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »
Would have taken it. I love chundney. Greene is going to be much better.

Still excited by Chris Mullin's "Darren Collison" comparison :)

FYI: 

DC as a frosh, 5.2 pts, 2.3 assists, 40% FG,  32%3s, 78% FTs
PG as a frosh, 7.6 pts, 2.6 assists, 36% FG, 26% 3s, 72% FTs

DC as a soph:  12.7 pts, 5.7 assists, 48% FG, 45% 3s,  81% FTs//
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 11:35:04 PM by crgreen »

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:23:13 AM »
Here are my comparisons:
Chris Obekpa-I will give Crgreen props for the Jarvis Varnado comparison. I am also shocked that he did not compare him to Sidney Wicks or Curtis Rowe.

Jakar Sampson-uncanny resemblance to a deer in headlights

Amir Garrett-might give Crgreen a chubby, but I am going with Charles O'bannon. If he keeps improving maybe Ed O'bannon. I also see a little Stacey Augman mixed with Aroldis Chapman.

Harrison-Have to give it to Poison which is a surprise since I seldom agree with anything he posts, but Gerry Mcnamara comparison was right on. He also gets points for comparing a white guy with a black guy. I believe this is normally taboo.
One other note on Harrison. His behavior is not punkish or gansta at all despite what some of the old lady posters might suggest. If anything it is childish and pouty in the Bobby Hurley mold. See I can compare white and black guys too. Poison and I are like the Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby of interracial comparisons.

Greene- other than the jumper I don't see Collison comparison. Sorry to take away Crgreen's chubby. I am not sure who the new and improved Greene reminds me of yet. Fortunately he does not remind of Phil Greene from last season

Christian Jones-Perry Jones from Baylor. They even share a last name.

Sir Dom-Last year he reminded me of Ray Jackson from the FAB 5. After one game he reminds me of Sir Dom from last year unfortunately.

Marco and Sanchez-remind me of Pelle and Sampson last year.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:25:11 AM by we are sju »

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
Here are my comparisons:
Chris Obekpa-I will give Crgreen props for the Jarvis Varnado comparison. I am also shocked that he did not compare him to Sidney Wicks or Curtis Rowe.

Amir Garrett-might give Crgreen a chubby, but I am going with Charles O'bannon. If he keeps improving maybe Ed O'bannon. I also see a little Stacey Augman mixed with Aroldis Chapman.

Harrison-Have to give it to Poison which is a surprise since I seldom agree with anything he posts, but Gerry Mcnamara comparison was right on. He also gets points for comparing a white guy with a black guy. I believe this is normally taboo.
One other note on Harrison. His behavior is not punkish or gansta at all despite what some of the old lady posters might suggest. If anything it is childish and pouty in the Bobby Hurley mold. See I can compare white and black guys too. Poison and I are like the Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby of interracial comparisons.

Greene- other than the jumper I don't see Collison comparison. Sorry to take away Crgreen's chubby. I am not sure who the new and improved Greene reminds me of yet. Fortunately he does not remind of Phil Greene from last season

Sir Dom-Last year he reminded me of Ray Jackson from the FAB 5. After one game he reminds me of Sir Dom from last year unfortunately.

Here are my comparisons:

Well done!

Poison

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
I see a little Guy Smiley in Steve Lavin.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 11:18:30 AM »
I see a little Guy Smiley in Steve Lavin.

I agree, you are pretty good at this.

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 12:23:41 PM »
Chud did not have the ability to create (and hit) a step back jumper.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 12:37:57 PM »
Chris Obekpa - Serge Ibaka

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »

Foad

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
I am not sure who the new and improved Greene reminds me of yet.

jr49

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
Anyone else see it?
Both fearless getting it up and down. Gray a bit to wild in the 2ed round game vs. the Zags and I always felt that cost us.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 04:08:32 PM »
Greene has more ability. Although to be fair, Chudney was buried on the bench until Sr. year. When he did get the opportunity Sr. year, he played well.

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 07:25:13 PM »
Wht do they call Greene PGIV??

boo3

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
Phil Greene IV ( the fourth)

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »
Greene has more ability. Although to be fair, Chudney was buried on the bench until Sr. year. When he did get the opportunity Sr. year, he played well.

As I recall it Chud deserved to be buried until his Sr. year.  I remember it as Cain syndrome.

boo3

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »
I am not sure who the new and improved Greene reminds me of yet.

Kevin Williams looks like Felipe Lopez in this picture...

Poison

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:58:00 AM »

As I recall it Chud deserved to be buried until his Sr. year.  I remember it as Cain syndrome.

I don't agree with that. Gray came on strong half way through his junior year (98-99) and started playing like a man possessed. He, as opposed to Cain, never really got a shot to play before Jan 99.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »
For some reason, I see some Rondo in Phil Greene. He has a better jumper than Rondo, so if he can catch up in other areas he will be an exciting player.

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »
This is officially the best post I've ever read on johnnyjungle!

Here are my comparisons: