Phil Greene - Chudney Gray

• 34 replies
Re: Phil Greene - Chudney Gray
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 12:17:36 PM »
Mr. Greenjeans is using the behind the back dribble, a lot.  Even in traffic and/or near the basket.  So far it's not getting picked.  It's pretty to watch but it is dangerous.

Moose

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 03:19:38 PM »
Mr. Greenjeans is using the behind the back dribble, a lot.  Even in traffic and/or near the basket.  So far it's not getting picked.  It's pretty to watch but it is dangerous.

Said same thing last night to the people around me at the game.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 04:28:54 PM »

Noticed that and the step-back jumpers.  He also looks much better at coming to a stop in the lane...all pro moves. 

Moose

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »

Noticed that and the step-back jumpers.  He also looks much better at coming to a stop in the lane...all pro moves. 

He's got some good body control
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »

He's got some good body control

In an earlier thread I said our Phil Green reminds me a lot of a young Erick Greene, the PG at Virginia Tech.   We can only hope so.  Here as a Senior, Erick is making a strong early season case as the best PG in Division one:  He has the VERY surprising  Hokies at 6-0, is averaging 24.2 pts, 5.1 assists, with a 3:1 Assist to Turnover ratio. Shooting 53% from the field and 87% from the line.  Green was 3rd team All ACC last year as a Junior at 16 pts/3 assts.  He was unranked out of high school,  and 2.6 points and 0.8 assists as a 12 minute a game freshman!

Ah, the rewards of letting a kid DEVELOP over 4 years....

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »
Why does Phil slip and fall down so much?  I don't remember that last year.

desco80

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »

I don't know, but our whole team has been slipping an inordinate amount this year. 
I'm glad someone else has noticed it.    Every game I watch it seems like we slip on the court twice as often as our opponents. 

LJSA

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »

I don't know, but our whole team has been slipping an inordinate amount this year. 
I'm glad someone else has noticed it.    Every game I watch it seems like we slip on the court twice as often as our opponents. 

crappy shoe batch?

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
it's the Kobe's

Poison

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
Balamou - Postell?

RedVet

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
Balamou - Postell?

Don't see it at all.

boo3

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
Balamou - Postell?

Don't see it at all.

Really?  At all?  I could definitely seem people making that early comparison.  Never came to my mind, but now that I think about it....

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
I see the Balamou-Postell comparison a little bit. They are both amazingly athletic. Postell ended up developing his all around game but if my memory serves correctly, he was pretty raw for his first 2 years. I remember Postell being a bit bigger than Balamou although Redstormsports.com has Balamou listed at 6'4. I thought Balamou was closer to 6'2 but maybe I'm wrong.

Poison

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »
I also see some Etan Thomas in Obekpa. Obekpa is further along.

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
definitely see Postell-Balamou comparison now that it has been mentioned. Both play kind of with their back straight, not to mention both 2 guards, 6'4, great hops, cable of blocking a shot, dunk, can shoot from outside, both played at St. John's-yeah can't see the comparison. :)