Baylor - Game Discussion

• 230 replies

boo3

Re: Baylor - Game Discussion
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2012, 07:55:56 PM »
 I know he's shot the ball well tonight, but so far this season, I am way, way down on De'angelo.  He better get his head out of his ass.

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:39 PM »
I know he's shot the ball well tonight, but so far this season, I am way, way down on De'angelo.  He better get his head out of his ass.

Thought hes played really well tonight. The offense just doesnt open anything up for him. Branch and Marco/sanchez will help with that
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Other then shooting, he isn't doing anything needed to win. Not smart/lack of passing, lack of defense and overall lack of hustle. Laughable how he wants to be drafted right now.

paultzman

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:44 PM »
Based on what I have seen, we need Sanchez more than Branch. Our rebounding is atrocious!

boo3

« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

Thought hes played really well tonight. The offense just doesnt open anything up for him. Branch and Marco/sanchez will help with that

Yeah, It's not necessarily about how he's played this game.  It's the entire act this season, starting with the benching early on.  Bad body language, bad defense, and a lack of leadership for the youngsters. 
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 08:01:23 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:21 PM »
I don't get it. Why is it that every year, we can't get a guy who is 6'10, 6'11? Baylor has like 4 of them. When we trot out our lineup we get waxed on the boards because we're the smallest team in the world.

It's so damn frustrating. How is a [multiple] big man not a priority?

Our recruiting has focused so much on athletic guys, but athleticism can only get you so far...you can't teach 6'10 240lbs

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:25 PM »
Size is our biggest weakness right now

paultzman

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »

Other then shooting, he isn't doing anything needed to win. Not smart/lack of passing, lack of defense and overall lack of hustle. Laughable how he wants to be drafted right now.

Agree. I am so tired of his nonsense. Either get on the bus or don't.

boo3

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 08:02:39 PM »

Agree. I am so tired of his nonsense. Either get on the bus or don't.

just don't be late

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2012, 08:03:18 PM »
Im not to disapointed with where the team is at this point. We really have had a chacne to be 4-0 vs 4 quality teams. A couple things to think about is that we havnt had all of our players put it together on the same day. Amir played great the first two while Jakarr played poorly. Now their roles have switched.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »
...we need someone to take Pointer's minutes.... ugh.

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 08:04:50 PM »
Im not to disapointed with where the team is at this point. We really have had a chacne to be 4-0 vs 4 quality teams. A couple things to think about is that we havnt had all of our players put it together on the same day. Amir played great the first two while Jakarr played poorly. Now their roles have switched.

Agreed. Overall Im fine with where we are right now. Just need all of our bullets in our gun (Orlando and Branch).

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 08:05:30 PM »
Also can we please get rid of the black uniforms...I think we have only one won with them!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »
...we need someone to take Pointer's minutes.... ugh.

Pointer is a good role player, but he's not a major minute player right now. Just a hustle, energy, defender right now.

jr49

« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
Lotta things go into being a pro. He's got to start paying mind to every coach on this team. They all got stuff to offer, and I hope he knows it. For our guys to beat a good team they gotta keep turnovers way down. We got 2 good off guards, really need that point. Hope we can recruit another. 

« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2012, 08:13:41 PM »
Based on what I have seen, we need Sanchez more than Branch. Our rebounding is atrocious!

That was also the worst zone defense ever. What was the point of it?  Let them shoot threes than not be in rebounding position when they missed? That was a real bad job by Lavin of making in game adjustments. Actualy he made no adjustment.  I guess the saying "shooting them out of the zone" does not apply to us.

MCNPA

« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2012, 08:15:53 PM »
Size is our biggest weakness right now

Only against Baylor.  They are huge and not the average.  We're missing 2 starters in Branch and Sanchez and we still hung in until the end.  We still have things to work on for sure.  Defense can be great at times and awful at others.  Rebounding...  Offense also hasn't found it's flow yet.  Lots fore positives and negatives though.  We're hanging with top 25 teams without much of a problem.  If NCAA ever gets around to clearing Sanchez, we will really be bolstered.  At this point, even if they think he deserves only 1 year, they should give him two for keeping him out this long without some sort of decision.  Lots of promise here though.  Far cry from seasons past when we would have lost this game by 40...

MCNPA

« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2012, 08:16:39 PM »

That was also the worst zone defense ever. What was the point of it?  Let them shoot threes than not be in rebounding position when they missed? That was a real bad job by Lavin of making in game adjustments. Actualy he made no adjustment.  I guess the saying "shooting them out of the zone" does not apply to us.

Maybe you weren't actually watching because Lavin switched to man defense.

« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
There is no excuse for allowing that guy to keep shooting open 3's. i wouldn't be so upset if they were at least contested.

boo3

« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
 I'm not counting on Sanchez ever seeing the court...

I agree with the lack of adjustments. However, some of that must fall on the players. I mean, if you're out there and watching #5 hit a few jumpers, you should probably use your head and not continuously leave him wide open. It wasn't like he was hitting contested jumpers..