Help with site- Moderators wanted

• 31 replies
Help with site- Moderators wanted
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:57:01 PM »
I know a lot of people associate moderators with discipline when it comes to message boards but not really in search of that. We really have a great culture here but we're loosing out on some of the organization.

I'd like to add a few guys that will help assist in creating/organizing threads.

Pre Game Predictions
Game Discussion
Player of the Game Voting

Little things like this that we've gotten away from. I think that adds a big boost to the site.

If I can get a 2-3 guys to volunteer that would be helpful.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

Re: Help with site- Moderators wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 03:02:47 PM »
I was thinking about Player of the Game the other day.

FYI my 3 stars for the Cincy game were-

1. Obekpa
2. Harrison
3. Amir
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
I know a lot of people associate moderators with discipline when it comes to message boards but not really in search of that. We really have a great culture here but we're loosing out on some of the organization.

I'd like to add a few guys that will help assist in creating/organizing threads.

Pre Game Predictions
Game Discussion
Player of the Game Voting

Little things like this that we've gotten away from. I think that adds a big boost to the site.

If I can get a 2-3 guys to volunteer that would be helpful.

I don't mind helping

desco80

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
Same here

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 05:29:02 PM »
These 2 guys above would be great

sju89tr

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »

Thanks Marco, I haven't had the chance to see if you are getting things back together after Sandy. Hopefully each day brings back some normalcy. 

Chilleb

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
Wouldn't mind at all helping out, player of the. Game has to go to obekpa though, he was a constant force from buzzer to buzzer

Moose

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »

So much for me then ;)

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »

So much for me then ;)

Above your pay grade moose

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »
May I nominate paultzman? A top poster to this great site

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »

If needed I would be happy to help, but assume Marco's endorsement is right up there with getting support from Charles Manson.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:33 PM »
I think this is a good idea. I can't myself do it. But we definitely need people to moderate some of the threads for content. I don't post that often, but I read the site almost daily for years now, and rely on it for a good read on different prospects, and things pertaining to the program. Lately the recruitment threads have been littered with side conversations that are annoying to pick through while I try to get info on recruits and the new conference (i.e. Catholic 7 and Rysheed Jordan thread).

I love the site, but I think someone has to put an end to sidebars in the threads.

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »

If needed I would be happy to help, but assume Marco's endorsement is right up there with getting support from Charles Manson.

Kind of like Al Sharpton endorsing a candidate. Oh wait ..

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
 :)

kjd01067

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »
I think this is a good idea. I can't myself do it. But we definitely need people to moderate some of the threads for content. I don't post that often, but I read the site almost daily for years now, and rely on it for a good read on different prospects, and things pertaining to the program. Lately the recruitment threads have been littered with side conversations that are annoying to pick through while I try to get info on recruits and the new conference (i.e. Catholic 7 and Rysheed Jordan thread).

I love the site, but I think someone has to put an end to sidebars in the threads.

I am going to work on cleaning some of the recruiting threads up tomorrow. All topics run their course and get off topic at times but I do need to do a better job with the recruiting threads. Thanks for the heads up

Moose

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »
Also any thoughts to not posting stuff about the current players in their recruiting threads?

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 07:28:08 PM »
Also any thoughts to not posting stuff about the current players in their recruiting threads?

I've been saying that for a while but no one listens.  IMO once they are on the team all posts should be on main board.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »

LMFAO

desco80

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 07:40:13 PM »

I've been saying that for a while but no one listens.  IMO once they are on the team all posts should be on main board.

It makes sense, but no one will follow it's obvious we're that kind of post should go.
We should have stickied or permanent threads for each player in the main area.   Otherwise someone will just create a new Phil Greene thread after every game ;)

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 05:30:51 PM »
If you need someone else, I am willing to help as well.