Point guard

• 15 replies
Point guard
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:01:51 PM »
Maybe Branch is it, but damn. To not have a coach on the floor is killing Lavin. At this point, I think the season rides on Branch. Let the kid play, bring Phil off bench

Re: Point guard
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:18 PM »
Paging Rysheed Jordan
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:18:09 PM »
Maybe Branch is it, but damn. To not have a coach on the floor is killing Lavin. At this point, I think the season rides on Branch. Let the kid play, bring Phil off bench
Agree or start Branch Dlo and Phil and do 3 guard offense

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:19:31 PM »
Paging Rysheed Jordan

Ya man. A decent pg will make any coach look good. With the horses we have in the stable, a pass first pg would average 10 a game

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:38:55 AM »
Paging Rysheed Jordan

Ya man. A decent pg will make any coach look good. With the horses we have in the stable, a pass first pg would average 10 a game

Thats the thing baldi. With d lo and jakarr at your disposal, two guys who can hit open shots with regulartity, plus wings who can run a good point guard could rack them up. I think Branch can pass well enough to do it. Just needs a little freedom.  His D does need some work though.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »

Especially in light of the fact that Lavin has consistently tried to temper expectations by highlighting youth...if that is the case, all the more reason that you give reins to Branch so that 2013 is a big year...doesn't matter whether all of our guys stay next year if we continue to have 4 cylinder PG leading the way next year...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:44:21 AM by section3 »

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »
Branch has serious holes in his game. Lavin probably doesnt think he's ready. At 9-6, and thd season about to disappear, Lavin should make a change. Frankly, we have no alternative. It has to be Branch.

gman

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
I think Branch has all the weapons, but I think they need to be focused.  He needs some offseason work with Watson and Davis.  I think he will be damn good once he gets it.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
Think Baron Davis was at our last game.  Thought I saw him behind the bench.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
branch has been here over 1 year.  baron davis is not a coach last time i looked. what does coach martin add?

gman

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 11:39:19 AM »
branch has been here over 1 year.  baron davis is not a coach last time i looked. what does coach martin add?

The coaching staff will do their part too, but you as a former lacrosse player should know getting out there and playing against better players helps a hell of a lot. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:45:34 AM by gman »

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:47:46 AM »
I think Branch has all the weapons, but I think they need to be focused.  He needs some offseason work with Watson and Davis.  I think he will be damn good once he gets it.

What was he doing this past off season? It looks like nothing.

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 12:04:13 PM »
Like most of the people on the board, I'd like to see Jamal get more minutes. Unfortunately his decision-making hasn't been great. He is leading the team in Turnovers Per Game (3.0) while only playing 15 minutes a game. He also had an ill-advised technical foul in a close game against Villanova. I think as the season progresses he will see more minutes but I think for the time being Coach Lavin is going to keep Jamal on a short leash until he shows better judgment on the court. 

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »

Hey Moose, was there an actual thread on the other site suggesting Harrison should come off the bench?

Moose

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »

Hey Moose, was there an actual thread on the other site suggesting Harrison should come off the bench?

Yes
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:16 PM »
Yes

Ok good, thought I was hallucinating.