Georgetown Game

• 293 replies
Re: Georgetown Game
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »
We suck bottom line. At least when under Norm when we sucked we gave 100% effort every night. You couldn't be mad at that. But this is just embarrassing. No heart whatsoever.

Great post right here

No it's not.

You disagree?

Yes, I don't think lack of effort is the problem.

TONYD3

« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:26 PM »
It's not branch- garret and pointer are wing players who can't dribble or shoot. Even if he gets them a shot they either don't take it or pass it around the perimeter

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »
Worst part about this shit is Georgetown sucks. At least there aren't to many of there shitty fans here.

We made Georgetown look like the Patriots

MCNPA

« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.   

« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
We suck bottom line. At least when under Norm when we sucked we gave 100% effort every night. You couldn't be mad at that. But this is just embarrassing. No heart whatsoever.

Great post right here

No it's not.

You disagree?

So what is it?

« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2013, 12:07:37 PM »
Marco supposedly can shoot. Why isn't he playing?

MCNPA

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2013, 12:08:34 PM »
Well everyone got what they wanted, more Branch.  And the result seems even worse.  Perhaps because the competition is a bit better though.  It does not seem to matter who is on the floor, the offense looks miserable.

We've been better with Branch and he has stepped up his D.  He is the pg and it needs to stay that way.  What we need Phil to do us to stop being a PG and strt scoring.

MCNPA

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:07 PM »

Great post right here

No it's not.

You disagree?

So what is it?

Inability to shoot.

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:25 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.

We need guys on the floor who can hit a wide open outside shot when they are set up. You saw in the first half, Branch threw beautiful passes to wide open Greene, who missed. Balamou caught one, but has no outside shot so did not shoot, instead dribbled into the paint and trapped himself. Garrett tried to shoot one but missed. We all know what happens when Obekpa shoots, and Dom can't shoot either. That is our problem, especially against this zone.

boo3

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »

My perspective as well, MCNPA. 

If you actually watch the game, instead of trying to prove your crazy theories correct, you will actually see that.  Gtwn is playing good D, a zone defense. We can't shoot at all.  Therefore we are down big. We can get back in the game, but only if we shoot 60%+ in the second half.  If you shoot 20% you will lose every single time.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »

Great post right here

No it's not.

You disagree?

So what is it?

Inability to shoot.

That's also a huge part of it, but if you think these guys are playing with any sort of an edge I disagree. This is just painful to watch.

« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

Great post right here

No it's not.

You disagree?

So what is it?

Inability to shoot.

That's also a huge part of it, but if you think these guys are playing with any sort of an edge I disagree. This is just painful to watch.

I don't see how you can say their not giving effort. To me it's clear they are trying just outmatched.

« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2013, 12:17:57 PM »
Ya it's clear they are trying when you see a big white guy beating them up the court and posterising them

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2013, 12:18:46 PM »
Ya it's clear they are trying when you see a big white guy beating them up the court and posterising them

You're right Norms teams never got dunked on.  ::)

TONYD3

« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
Big white boy has muscles - our guys don't

dR3w

« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
They have mentioned on consecutive telecasts how Branch is rusty because he hasn't played in a year, but he has been practicing with the team the whole time.  I know it isn't exactly the same, but it is not like he was stuck in a prison cell for a year twiddling his thumbs.

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2013, 12:22:24 PM »
They have mentioned on consecutive telecasts how Branch is rusty because he hasn't played in a year, but he has been practicing with the team the whole time.  I know it isn't exactly the same, but it is not like he was stuck in a prison cell for a year twiddling his thumbs.

I think his problem is he hits one shot and thinks he's god.

desco80

« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »
is it possible we could shoot under 30% from the field and the line???!

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

You are in denial.  Even Elmore just said that there is not any ball movement on St. johns. There are shooters, they just have to be put in a position to shoot.  Offensive sets, what offensive sets?  It's all one on one and create.

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »
Sampson  :idiot2: