Depaul Game - Player of the Game

• 26 replies

desco80

Depaul Game - Player of the Game
« on: January 19, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
Today was Branch's coming out party in my opinion.
I thought we took the ball out of his hands too much in the second half and that was a big reason for the mini collapse. 

More often than not, good things happen when the ball is in his hands. 

Re: Depaul Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:09:45 PM »
Write in candidate-PG4 for playing bad enough to be yanked allowing us to win the game. :)

desco80

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
However, Dom is certainly playing his best stretch of basketball in a STJ uniform.   Last couple of games he's been good.

Very efficient game by Dom today, 5-6 from the field, 4-4 from the foul line, 11 rebounds, good defense.   Seems to be getting comfortable with the midrange jumper, just needs to tighten his ball handling.  6 turnovers isn't acceptable.   

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
Very close between Jamal and Dom...but Jamal carried us for a big stretch in that first half!!  I give it to him!

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
Today was Branch's coming out party in my opinion.
I thought we took the ball out of his hands too much in the second half and that was a big reason for the mini collapse. 

More often than not, good things happen when the ball is in his hands. 

Getting better every game.  Taking charge.  Excellent player who will be huge for us down the stretch. 

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 02:13:37 PM »
Turned to Harvard-Memphis, Harvard does not look like an IVY L team-very athletic and quick.

MCNPA

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 02:15:33 PM »
Love how Dom is taking jumpshots and making them.  Really getting better.  Nice to see or guys skill sets starting to round out a bit.  Long way to go still, but Dom was an animal out there.  Some of our guys have more "hidden" skill than we might think. 

paultzman

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »
Dom is playing better for sure. Warrior today, he played 38 minutes. Branch looks like a player, love his mid range game.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »
Write in candidate-PG4 for playing bad enough to be yanked allowing us to win the game. :)

Zinggggggggggg ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

ras

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
I give the game ball to Dom. His offence is improving. He also must be practicing his fts. Also had 11 boards. Branch was a close runner up and is becoming a nice offensive weapon.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 02:34:37 PM »
I say it's Branch who did what we've been waiting for him to do- penetrate. He also showed that because he handles the ball so well with his left hand he can do it almost at will.  Only 3 assists but why pass when you can pulll up and hit the short jumper?

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:36:19 PM »
I would've said Dom if not for the 6 turnovers. Branch was a great scoring option for us and played good defense.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
Cut Phil some slack, coming home he probably felt a lot of pressure.

Sign of a maturing team they led at half and got a total of 2 points from PG and DH.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 03:13:12 PM »
Dom was everywhere doing a bit of everything, except for his loose handle a couple of times, he's POG.

Tiznow

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 03:16:24 PM »
Cut Phil some slack, coming home he probably felt a lot of pressure.

Sign of a maturing team they led at half and got a total of 2 points from PG and DH.

Phil was a primary reason for win against ND.  He'll bounce back and produce big time on another day.

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Agree Dom gets player of the game despite his careless TOs

Great game by Branch...hopefully he keeps showing the scoring punch.  Teams will need to respect that which hopefully opens up some passing lanes in the half court.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

kred

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 04:13:06 PM »
Coming out party for Branch. Took over the game while D'Lo was sleepwalking. That pull up is as sweet as it gets. Taking control while still trying to fit in is not easy. Kid did it in spades today.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 11:05:10 PM »
Gotta go with Branch, played with composure and gives us another scorer. But Pointer is coming on like gangbusters. This is becoming fun to watch.

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »
I don't see how it could be anyone but Branch.  He is still too loose with the ball, but he and Harrison give us two legit, complete players.  I don't feel comfortable with anyone but those two taking it coast to coast.  He really looks comfortable in transition--although he's not exactly a burner. 

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 03:00:37 AM »
The Aggie takes P of the G.  Sir Dom a clear second.  The play of these two today give cause for guarded optimism.