South Florida Game Discussion

• 86 replies

Moose

Re: South Florida Game Discussion
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »
Their pieces are more than the sum of their parts.  Granted they stunk but our offense outside of Mean Joe was very efficient. 19 assists out of 24 made baskets is the best passing we've had all year.  A pleasant abberation from our usual spread em out and attack one on one offense.

- Their 7 footer made Curtis Johnson look like Oscar Pistorius.  Painful watching him run.

- We couldn't get our only senior Jamal White on the court for a minute?

- Tomas looked very thin didn't he?

- Seeing the old building packed like that was worth the ridiculously long concession lines.

- Great free throw defense by the student sections.  Active and creative forcing da bulls into a woeful 3 for 12 performance that sealed the deal.

- Who knew white men can jump?

That guy on USF better be playing football too.

No Jamal played enough last year.  If Lavin didn't pull Dee and Karr in the 2nd half together maybe the lead would't have shrunk and there would have been some walkon time.  Plus still games to go at MSG no less. 

Saw Tomas earlier this year as well.  He didn't seem to be moving well either.  I hope all is well for him.  He was a really good dude.
Remember who broke the Slice news

CC

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:19 PM »
Their pieces are more than the sum of their parts.  Granted they stunk but our offense outside of Mean Joe was very efficient. 19 assists out of 24 made baskets is the best passing we've had all year.  A pleasant abberation from our usual spread em out and attack one on one offense.

- Their 7 footer made Curtis Johnson look like Oscar Pistorius.  Painful watching him run.

- Seeing the old building packed like that was worth the ridiculously long concession lines.

- Great free throw defense by the student sections.  Active and creative forcing da bulls into a woeful 3 for 12 performance that sealed the deal.

No Jamal played enough last year.  If Lavin didn't pull Dee and Karr in the 2nd half together maybe the lead would't have shrunk and there would have been some walkon time.  Plus still games to go at MSG no less. 

Saw Tomas earlier this year as well.  He didn't seem to be moving well either.  I hope all is well for him.  He was a really good dude.

I wasn't at the game, but posted that same point-- Lav had Harrison, and Sampson on the pine at the same time. Can't let that happen in a must win game

NYCoffey

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2013, 01:05:49 PM »

The early countdowns by the students when the shot clock was running down for South Florida was pretty effective also. Got them to rush an early shot a couple of times with 5 or 6 seconds left on the clock.

redslope

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2013, 02:23:35 PM »
Wow-no comments on the bobblehead.  I was very disappointed because Louie never had gray hair when he coached.  gotta get a black Sharpie and make him look the way he did in those "beautiful" sweaters.  At least Louie bobbles better than Steve as they are now standing next to each other (with T-Bird) in my living room much to my wife's chagrin.

Would have liked a better game as USF were terrible.  I thought the OT versus DePaul was much better from a crowd perspective as there was much more noise and intensity given the nature of the game.  Last night we were ahead by 10 or more virtually the entire game.

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
Wow-no comments on the bobblehead.  I was very disappointed because Louie never had gray hair when he coached.  gotta get a black Sharpie and make him look the way he did in those "beautiful" sweaters.  At least Louie bobbles better than Steve as they are now standing next to each other (with T-Bird) in my living room much to my wife's chagrin.

Would have liked a better game as USF were terrible.  I thought the OT versus DePaul was much better from a crowd perspective as there was much more noise and intensity given the nature of the game.  Last night we were ahead by 10 or more virtually the entire game.

Somehow I missed the T-bird bobblehead?  Who would like to make a tax-free donation to help complete the Carmineabbatiello tv room Sju sports memorabilia collection?

redslope

« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »

Somehow I missed the T-bird bobblehead?  Who would like to make a tax-free donation to help complete the Carmineabbatiello tv room Sju sports memorabilia collection?

Sorry Carmine but I believe TBird goes back to the dark ages when there were only a few of us there thanks to Norm, and I consider him my Red Bird of Courage for showing up

« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2013, 05:40:19 PM »

Sorry Carmine but I believe TBird goes back to the dark ages when there were only a few of us there thanks to Norm, and I consider him my Red Bird of Courage for showing up

I was there for the Norm years.  I must have just missed it.  I understand completely.