Wright left for more playing time

• 18 replies
Wright left for more playing time
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:38:25 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04222008/sports/st__johns_loses_pair_107575.htm
Tells Lenn Robbins he left for playing time reasons. Looking at the Big Ten and ACC. Basically said his mother has a bad back but that is not the reason he left. So in addition to being a bad coach, recruiter Norm is a liar!

kjd01067

Re: Wright left for more playing time
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:35 AM »
Norm sugar-coat something to make himself look better no way ::)

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
Yea sorry a bulging disc isn't serious enough to leave a school where you have a scholarship to in order to move back home. I doubt Larry's mother was calling for him to do that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
Yea sorry a bulging disc isn't serious enough to leave a school where you have a scholarship to in order to move back home. I doubt Larry's mother was calling for him to do that.

JJ
word on the street is there could be two more. have you heard anything?

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:18:41 AM »

JJ
word on the street is there could be two more. have you heard anything?

I haven't heard anything of the sorts. I know its becoming a popular rumor on the boards. I'll look deeper into it.

sjd8886

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
if justin leaves, and this is not a rumor or prediction, im just saying if justin leaves, and this school does nothing, i might go pull a john Q in harrington's office to get a new coach hired

Thomas Olik

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 02:02:11 PM »
if justin leaves, and this is not a rumor or prediction, im just saying if justin leaves, and this school does nothing, i might go pull a john Q in harrington's office to get a new coach hired

That just might be a little out of line.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
I will hop right off the Norm Bandwagon if two more players transfer, heck if JB goes i am off , the Larry thing already has me very frustrated.

I used to point fingers at everyone else but Norm , now i am coming to an extremely late realization that maybe it is him
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
word on campus is larry wright would still be here if Norm was not brought back as coach for the upcoming season.

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

lol welcome to the world of message boards
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Thomas Olik

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 08:27:20 PM »

lol welcome to the world of message boards

:] I see how things go now.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 02:36:34 AM »
2 things to say...

1. one of the schools larry wright is looking at is miami (fl)

2. here on campus there is a rumor that there will be one more transfer and that player is justin burrell, but its just around flyin around here

kjd01067

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 10:15:41 AM »
2 things to say...

2. here on campus there is a rumor that there will be one more transfer and that player is justin burrell, but its just around flyin around here

KOB please tell us there is no truth to this rumor.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »

I wasnt a geography major in college, so maybe someone would be kind enough to answer a question for me: What school would be closer to Larry's sick mother in Michigan-- Miami (Located in Miami, FL) or St. John's (Located in Queens, NY)?

Please advise.

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »
I also here that Larry might go to Michigan. Beilien has a history of taking in transfers, loves shooters, and should be somewhat familiar with Larry being formerly of the Big East.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:36:12 AM »
Tells Lenn Robbins he left for playing time reasons. Looking at the Big Ten and ACC. Basically said his mother has a bad back but that is not the reason he left. So in addition to being a bad coach, recruiter Norm is a liar!

true, he is a liar. what a disgrace. who does he think is buying this crap?

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »
I also here that Larry might go to Michigan. Beilien has a history of taking in transfers, loves shooters, and should be somewhat familiar with Larry being formerly of the Big East.

i know Mike Gansey transferred to WV, but who else transferred there in his time as the WV BB coach?

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:42:30 AM »

true, he is a liar. what a disgrace. who does he think is buying this crap?

Harrington and Monasch apparently

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:52:03 AM »

i know Mike Gansey transferred to WV, but who else transferred there in his time as the WV BB coach?

Johnny West was one... I thought there was another one or two but I'm not sure off the top of my head