Good luck Wright!

• 32 replies
Good luck Wright!
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:33:26 AM »
In addition to having a sweet jumper, kid showed great class by never saying a bad word about the clueless one or the school. I hope he lands in a good spot, and I am sure you will see him in an NCAA before Normie!
Good luck Larry, you deserved better here and so do the 18 fans that are left!

Re: Good luck Wright!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 10:19:47 AM »
I would love to see Wright play for Michigan
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »
I would love to see Wright play for Michigan

would be good fit for him with Beilien. A good coach-see Davidson can build an offense around a good shooter, even one with limitations. A truly overmatched coach builds an offense around a slow, terrible shooting guy just becuase he has a crush on him

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »
Exactly, I don't know how much time he would see there but with Manny Harris, incoming freshman Zach Novak, and Larrry they would be lethal shooting the basketball and I think Beilien would really get the max out of them.

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 12:25:55 PM »
i hope he makes it to the tourney.

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 01:12:25 PM »
I hope he doesn't go to University of Detroit and he'll go from bottom dweller in the Big East to bottom dweller of the Horizon League eww. Guess it comes down to being the big fish in the small pond or small fish in the big pond.

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 01:54:03 AM »
you know, i used to wish them good luck and think well they have their reasons...but now im starting to think, maybe these kids should stick through on their commitment to play for this team for 4 years...in the lenn robbins article larry said coach told me there are certain things i need to do to start and he said he agreed with him...and then he transferred...that just doesnt sit right with me...if there are things your coach told you you need to improve on to play more and you agree with him, but then your response to that is to transfer, well, hes not the kinda kid i even want on this team...go somewhere else where you dont have to work hard to get playing time, bc frankly, we cant rebuild a program with kids like larry...we can with kids like justin, kids who dont make excuses and do what they have to to be better and win...and where is he gonna go to get more playing time, bc if you cant get playing time for a team that is last offensively in their league, who is gonna give you playing time...have fun at w/e mid-major or small conference school offers you larry...all that bs about wanting to help the program get back and then you show this level of commitment...good riddance

kob24

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 09:00:42 AM »
you know, i used to wish them good luck and think well they have their reasons...but now im starting to think, maybe these kids should stick through on their commitment to play for this team for 4 years...in the lenn robbins article larry said coach told me there are certain things i need to do to start and he said he agreed with him...and then he transferred...that just doesnt sit right with me...if there are things your coach told you you need to improve on to play more and you agree with him, but then your response to that is to transfer, well, hes not the kinda kid i even want on this team...go somewhere else where you dont have to work hard to get playing time, bc frankly, we cant rebuild a program with kids like larry...we can with kids like justin, kids who dont make excuses and do what they have to to be better and win...and where is he gonna go to get more playing time, bc if you cant get playing time for a team that is last offensively in their league, who is gonna give you playing time...have fun at w/e mid-major or small conference school offers you larry...all that bs about wanting to help the program get back and then you show this level of commitment...good riddance
damn u sound bitter. fact is norm didnt play larry come on. there is no excuse for that. mason played and he didnt play a lick of defense. he needed anothr scorer and larry was that. u want larry to make u happy and sit his ass on the bench for the rest of his carreer hell no. larry could have went to oregeon and killed. even if u keep him on the bench he has to be in when u need a score. larry was shitted on plain and simple.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:07:22 AM by kob24 »

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
damn u sound bitter. fact is norm didnt play larry come on. there is no excuse for that. mason played and he didnt play a lick of defense. he needed anothr scorer and larry was that. u want larry to make u happy and sit his ass on the bench for the rest of his carreer hell no. larry could have went to oregeon and killed. even if u keep him on the bench he has to be in when u need a score. larry was shitted on plain and simple.

right on point Kob! Slappy Roberts basically pushed Wright out the door! Didn't play his best shooter consistent minutes on the worst shooting team in the NCAA
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:46:11 AM by we are sju »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 09:55:17 AM »
Nah, man, that ain't cool.  They don't play for the fans or for the school pride if the school shows no pride in them.  A player has to look out for himself; and Larry, realistically, can get time at a LOT of other schools.  And I think Larry's quote is like how you don't leave your job for another and walk out yelling about how your boss is dumber than a bag of hammers; you say some positive things and get out of the situation. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:29:00 AM »
maybe I'm crazy but I think Wright would fit perfectly on Coach K's Duke team.  He'd set some crazy picks for him, he'd get open looks, and the kids would love him as a 7th man.  Sure the playing time wouldnt be achieved but he'd have a great experience, be on national TV every night, and have an entire country know his name.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »
maybe I'm crazy but I think Wright would fit perfectly on Coach K's Duke team.  He'd set some crazy picks for him, he'd get open looks, and the kids would love him as a 7th man.  Sure the playing time wouldnt be achieved but he'd have a great experience, be on national TV every night, and have an entire country know his name.

His lack of toughness and defense would fit well with duke too.....zing. Not knocking Larry but he did have his shortcomings but I still thought he was one of our best players. I still think Michigan would be an awesome choice perhaps Crean will take a look at him in Indiana too.

sjd8886

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 08:11:49 PM »
of course im bitter, your not bitter from this program...god, i have only been a fan for 7 years (have never seen the glory days) and im bitter...i stick by every word i said...if the kid was told there were things he needed to do to be a better player and he disagreed with norm, and then left i would say, ok, they are not on the same page and he feels he should be starting the way he is so he is doing right by leaving...BUT, in the article he said there were things BOTH he and norm agreed he needed to work on to get more time and be starting...so in other words coach said do this and youll start and larry acknowledged that, and said nah, ill go somewhere where i can start without being a better player...that is the direct opposite of justins attitude...that is the complete opposite of the kid i want here, trying to rebuild this program

Thomas Olik

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 08:26:37 PM »
of course im bitter, your not bitter from this program...god, i have only been a fan for 7 years (have never seen the glory days) and im bitter...i stick by every word i said...if the kid was told there were things he needed to do to be a better player and he disagreed with norm, and then left i would say, ok, they are not on the same page and he feels he should be starting the way he is so he is doing right by leaving...BUT, in the article he said there were things BOTH he and norm agreed he needed to work on to get more time and be starting...so in other words coach said do this and youll start and larry acknowledged that, and said nah, ill go somewhere where i can start without being a better player...that is the direct opposite of justins attitude...that is the complete opposite of the kid i want here, trying to rebuild this program

I'm glad someone has a view point like that.

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »
or maybe things were more personal btwn norm/wright than we will ever know and LW felt he had no chance to start no matter what.  and maybe he wants to play in a actual tournament before he graduates. 

can't blame a kid for leaving a ok university and terrible coach.

kob24

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 08:41:51 AM »
sjd all im saying is this. u are a quality basketball player and ur team is struggling to score u feel in ur heart u can help out and in all reality u can but u on the bench because u cant guard a qtip yet the star of the team cant guard anyone as well do u believe the coach? or do u leave to go to another team to be a important piece to be used correctly.how can he help bring a program back if he isnt being used correctly?

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 08:43:32 AM »

Ridiculous! Kid left a bad team, terrible situation and an awful coach. By not ripping Slappy he showed more class than the king of excuses ever has! If you had the chance to leave a crappy job, and a clueless boss wouldn't you! Kid never got in trouble and played well only to watch inferior players get more time. Kids keep leaving and NO ONE is coming in. If you don't see a trend here and put the blame on Slappy, you have not beeen paying ANY attention !
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:46:42 AM by we are sju »

sjd8886

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »
we are sju, if the kid said that i would have been the first to laugh and say god bless and good luck...he didnt though, he said something different...and im not gonna restate my point for the 3rd time in this thread, just go find an article stating his reasons for coming here, then read the article stating he is transferring, and then read my other two posts and you'll understand my point

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 02:37:37 AM »
one school i heard larry wright was lookin to transfer to was miami (fl) of the acc

kjd01067

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
one school i heard larry wright was lookin to transfer to was miami (fl) of the acc

Yea thats alot closer to home ::)  its saddens me when these kids leave but why does Norm have to lie about the reasons for transfering ?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:13:48 AM by kjd01067 »