Notre Dame Game Discussion

• 237 replies
Re: Notre Dame Game Discussion
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
what adjustments do you want lavin to make atm? We can't shoot from the outside, can't post up, and have no dribble drive. To make matters worse we miss free throws. This has been beaten to death and coach knows by this time. Less athletes and more players with basketball IQ needed.

Try to get the ball to the high post against the zone. Especially to a guy like Dom who can face up and make a play from there. Not gonna beat a zone by passing it around the perimeter for 30 seconds and then forcing up a shot

Can Dom do that though?

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
4-12 and 0-2 from the line for Greene...

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
Shoot me Now!
 :'(

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
TV off. Goodnight.

boo3

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2013, 08:36:23 PM »
 The Islanders are more promising than STJ.

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2013, 08:36:49 PM »
This season needs to end. Lets go Knicks

goredmen

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:32 PM »
what adjustments do you want lavin to make atm? We can't shoot from the outside, can't post up, and have no dribble drive. To make matters worse we miss free throws. This has been beaten to death and coach knows by this time. Less athletes and more players with basketball IQ needed.

Try to get the ball to the high post against the zone. Especially to a guy like Dom who can face up and make a play from there. Not gonna beat a zone by passing it around the perimeter for 30 seconds and then forcing up a shot

Can Dom do that though?

It would be better than whatever this offensive plan is. 8 points in the half is not totally on the players

Chilleb

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:42 PM »
The problem with Phil is, he pLays he point and makes no one around him better, and if he play off the ball he's not a threat, try giving bourgalt the green light that Phil has along with his minutes and were up 15 right now. The guys ho keep defending Phil and his play enough already. It's getting rediculous. Even if you want to say it isn't him it starts with him. This man crush for Phil Greene is unexplainable, why not branch in the second half? Why c.jones now all of a sudden
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:38:37 PM by Chilleb »

paultzman

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
Phil 4-12, but a solid 4-12.

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Can Dom do that though?

It would be better than whatever this offensive plan is. 8 points in the half is not totally on the players

You're right, but I'm saying the answer is not to run the offense through Dom, I don't think that would work either. The point I'm making is that we are ridiculously easy to defend with no outside or inside threat.

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2013, 08:39:54 PM »
This is the worst half we have played all year. And we have played some bad ones.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »
  "try giving bourgalt the green light that Phil has along with his minutes and were up 15 right now."

that's laughable...we are down 20. I know everyone loves Marco but he doesn't make a 35 point difference... put down the pipe

goredmen

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2013, 08:40:36 PM »
The problem with Phil is, he pLays he point and makes no one around him better, and if he play off the ball he's not a threat, try giving bourgalt the green light that Phil has along with his minutes and were up 15 right now. The guys ho keep defending Phil and his play enough already. It's getting rediculous. Even if you want to say it isn't him it starts with him. This man crush for Phil Greene is unexplainable, why not branch in the second half? Why c.jones now all of a sudden

Playing bourgault over Phil wouldn't result in a 40 point turnaround

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:13 PM »
  "try giving bourgalt the green light that Phil has along with his minutes and were up 15 right now."

that's laughable...we are down 20. I know everyone loves Marco but he doesn't make a 35 point difference... put down the pipe

No don't put down the pipe. Might help ease the pain of this one.

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:34 PM »
Refs need to be investigated. No I'm not kidding, fake goaltend, BS flagrant, foul here foul there, foul here, foul there.

BS...give me a break. At least be discrete about it. Meanwhile ND makes 3's like a robot now.

MCNPA

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
Horrible half is right.  Offense has been terrible.  Great defense we played no first half fell apart.   Was hoping we could do it.  Winning against Notre dame on the road without our best player not in the cards.

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »
Refs need to be investigated. No I'm not kidding, fake goaltend, BS flagrant, foul here foul there, foul here, foul there.

BS...give me a break. At least be discrete about it. Meanwhile ND makes 3's like a robot now.

This one sadly, can't be blamed on the refs.

MCNPA

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »

Agree.  Vs providence I think we might have won with Bourgault.  Not this one.  Just outplayed second half. would D'Angelo and the 18-30 points he has the potential to score make a difference?  Certainly. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:46:19 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »
airball fml

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:19 PM »
What the hell just happened. Can only imagine how fun this trip home will be