What you don't like our movement offense? ;D

Chilleb

Re: Notre Dame Game Discussion
« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
Phil greene will play 41 minutes now against marquette

desco80

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2013, 09:04:59 PM »
I better appreciate that we are the "youngest, worst shooting, poorly constructed team in the country".
+1
 It couldn't be more true.   And, not to pile on - but why the hell can't we make adjustments mid game?   When it goes bad, it goes BAD in a hurry.
Lavin may not be playing with a full arsenal right now (young, no d'angelo etc)  but he should be getting better results than this.   Hard to argue with that.

We played well against Cincy and ND the first time, other than that all we've done is capitalize on a real easy stretch of games against DePaul/SH/Rutgers.   
Is it fair to say the season's been a disappointment?    ... I'm leaning in that direction.   But let's see how we prepare for Marquette and the BE tournament.  Maybe they'll surprise us.     

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2013, 09:06:00 PM »
The best part was Knight and Digger trying to figure out what we were doing on offense

Chilleb

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Wonder what rysheed jordan thinks about all of this. This looks really bad on lavin

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2013, 09:06:15 PM »
Honestly, how did ND not deserve that? The ND kid slapped Dom, then talked smack with Dom clearly avoiding him during the FT shots, then he swung at Dom again at the end and he got what he was asking for. Ontop of that, the refs were a joke, ND didn't miss from 3 the entire first half, and ND played classless running up the score instead of dribbling out the last few min. Who calls for a barrage of 3's up by 20+ with like 1 or 2 min left? Honestly, good for Pointer. This was the boiling point. I guess his punch was cathartic for the fanbase because that's how we feel. ND is a bunch of weasels...they hide it well but if you look close they taunt and talk ALL game.

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2013, 09:07:53 PM »
Honestly, how did ND not deserve that? The ND kid slapped Dom, then talked smack with Dom clearly avoiding him during the FT shots, then he swung at Dom again at the end and he got what he was asking for. Ontop of that, the refs were a joke, ND didn't miss from 3 the entire first half, and ND played classless running up the score instead of dribbling out the last few min. Who calls for a barrage of 3's up by 20+ with like 1 or 2 min left? Honestly, good for Pointer. This was the boiling point. I guess his punch was cathartic for the fanbase because that's how we feel. ND is a bunch of weasels...they hide it well but if you look close they taunt and talk ALL game.

my point exactly , i dont condone what Dom did but Brey precipitated this also.

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2013, 09:09:13 PM »
It St John's job to stop Dame!  Dame was not running up the score.  Lavin has lost this team.  And I'm starting to wonder if Lavin will come back next season. 

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:10 PM »
haha Brey did nothing to start this.  We stopped playing hard in the 2nd half that's not Dame's fault.  We showed no class tonight!

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »

You do realize that this is the equivalent of the girl was dressed provocatively defense, right?

paultzman

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »
The theory of Lavin's teams peaking late in the season merits reevaluation. Yeah, I know we are young, missed Harrison, but solid coaching negates that right? Hmm.

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:38 PM »
Could MCNPA please explain our offense to me again? :)

Moose

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Could MCNPA please explain our offense to me again? :)

Pump fake right hook

Oh wait.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
2 years ago I said the Big East was going to brake up and  I was laughed at on here. And I was correct.  I just have that same feeling Lavin is going back to ESPN real soon!

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2013, 09:14:59 PM »
It St John's job to stop Dame!  Dame was not running up the score.  Lavin has lost this team.  And I'm starting to wonder if Lavin will come back next season.

Really? So the game is not yet in hand up by 20+ with 1 minute left? Give me a break. If it was reversed and we were up 20+ with 1 min left at MSG Lavin would order them to dribble the clock out, not shoot 3 after 3. The ND players were smirking, taunting, slapping, and getting very physical with no calls. Today was the worst it can possibly get: your best scorer is out, away from home, coming off awful losses, the refs are totally against you, the opponent shoots 50% from 3 for the game and probably 80% in the 2nd half, and we shoot 7% from 3 and 30% from the field, yet they run up the score.

Who cares? The season was over even before Harrison was gone...I don't think anyone in their right minds thought we were ready for ND away, Marquette, Pitt, etc. We literally have zero offense. Z-E-R-O. Zilch. None. Nada. Nothing. Brick, brick, brick, brick, brick, roll out of rim, air ball, brick, brick. I am not mad we fought after all this BS going on.

paultzman

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:39 PM »

On a humorous  note, on that breakaway Balamou almost sprinted out of the arena before getting the ball. Thought he was heading to the bus. He is very "athletic" , but needs to get a better understanding of the game.

Foad

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
The best part was Knight and Digger trying to figure out what we were doing on offense

It's especially weird because we're running Knight's motion offense.

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
what adjustments do you want lavin to make atm? We can't shoot from the outside, can't post up, and have no dribble drive. To make matters worse we miss free throws. This has been beaten to death and coach knows by this time. Less athletes and more players with basketball IQ needed.

Try to get the ball to the high post against the zone. Especially to a guy like Dom who can face up and make a play from there. Not gonna beat a zone by passing it around the perimeter for 30 seconds and then forcing up a shot

Can Dom do that though?

Not this year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.