Notre Dame Game Discussion

• 237 replies

DFF6

Re: Notre Dame Game Discussion
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
A cherry on top from Jimmy Olsen

“@LennRobbins: One of the worst night's in St. John's basketball history..Ugly fight at the end of a 26-point loss at ND #stjbb”

More from Jimmy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/brawl_breaks_out_in_notre_dame_rout_ulP0XUKV0uwW8r6hdNIpZO

« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »
Anyone crying about Dame shooting 3's in the last 2 mins should have watched the Missouri game against Ark they were still pressing up 30.  Man up and get a stop!  So this crap about Brey running up the score is dumb.

I agree.  Guys were ecstatic over the Marco dunk in the So. Fla game after the coach called his team off.  Can't now argue about Brey.  Unfortunately, however, kids do get frustrated inthese situations and tempers do flare.  Oh well.  Not that big a deal to me.

paultzman

« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
Further punishment, perhaps cleaning one of Fr. Harrington's LLC house?

“@QSTJHoops: Statement from University on ND fight: "We regret the incident at Notre Dame and will not tolerate this unsportsmanlike behavior." #stjbb”

“@QSTJHoops: Continued: "Coach Lavin, his staff and team...will deal with this isolated incident accordingly." #stjbb”
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:41:36 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #223 on: March 06, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »
- Unfortunate Dom didn't get the flagrant 2 he deserved for the unprovoked slap to the head of the ND big.  Who by the way did not retaliate and quietly walked down to take his Ft's.  Too bad Dom didn't learn from this and react similiarly when he got slapped.

- Also unfortunate that Hollywood decided to put him back in to an already over blowout when the player had clearly demonstrated that he had lost it.  I know that he just got tired of us rolling over and watching the layup and threepoint drill ND was running and knew that at least Dom would show some toughness.  Short sighted in hindsight.

- Dom has demonstrated dirty play on numerous occasions this season.  At some point it would be safe to assume that he's a dirty player.

- Don't want to see his dad with the great fro at any more contests.  Perhaps having his dad in attendance for the first time I can recall and the fight are not coincidence?

- Very impressed with Dom's mma acumen.  Used his hands at long range, the elbow at mid-range and went for the difficult standing choke at close range.  If he had changed levels and gone for a takedown attempt between the choke and the elbow, I'd be touting him for the next Ultimate Fighter.

- Embarressed on more than one level on national television.  What was once a promising season following the 5 straight has fallen to ashes. The undeserved painful odyssey for this fanbase continues.  :'(

Moose

« Reply #224 on: March 06, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »
- Unfortunate Dom didn't get the flagrant 2 he deserved for the unprovoked slap to the head of the ND big.  Who by the way did not retaliate and quietly walked down to take his Ft's.  Too bad Dom didn't learn from this and react similiarly when he got slapped.

- Also unfortunate that Hollywood decided to put him back in to an already over blowout when the player had clearly demonstrated that he had lost it.  I know that he just got tired of us rolling over and watching the layup and threepoint drill ND was running and knew that at least Dom would show some toughness.  Short sighted in hindsight.

- Dom has demonstrated dirty play on numerous occasions this season.  At some point it would be safe to assume that he's a dirty player.

- Don't want to see his dad with the great fro at any more contests.  Perhaps having his dad in attendance for the first time I can recall and the fight are not coincidence?

- Very impressed with Dom's mma acumen.  Used his hands at long range, the elbow at mid-range and went for the difficult standing choke at close range.  If he had changed levels and gone for a takedown attempt between the choke and the elbow, I'd be touting him for the next Ultimate Fighter.

- Embarressed on more than one level on national television.  What was once a promising season following the 5 straight has fallen to ashes. The undeserved painful odyssey for this fanbase continues.  :'(

His father has been at many games this year.

He was on my flight to Charleston games and he's been 1 MSG game I recall.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #225 on: March 06, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »

I watch every game, have not seen him before and there is no way I would forget that afro.  That's just poor tv production not getting that gentlemen some more airtime.

Moose

« Reply #226 on: March 06, 2013, 03:38:24 PM »

I watch every game, have not seen him before and there is no way I would forget that afro.  That's just poor tv production not getting that gentlemen some more airtime.

Watching every game is different from being at every game :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #227 on: March 06, 2013, 03:43:47 PM »
Coach breaking down our Offense tonight;

“@STJ_Basketball: @STJCoachLavin will be on @snytv tonight at 5:30 pm with @tarik4turner and @gappleSNY #stjbb”

« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »

Watching every game is different from being at every game :)

True dat.  But I want you to know I'm pulling my share.  Been to 6 so far plus ate 6 tickets to one when the whole fam went down sick.  I'm more the solution than the problem.

I've never seen Dom's dad nor that fro before.  And if he had it in corn rows I would have remembered that as well.

« Reply #229 on: March 06, 2013, 04:12:50 PM »

“@STJ_Basketball: @STJCoachLavin will be on @snytv tonight at 5:30 pm with @tarik4turner and @gappleSNY #stjbb”
It's going to be a short segment

paultzman

« Reply #230 on: March 06, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »

Ha. O segment called "Hammer to Bricks"! Phil will be building the house!

« Reply #231 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »

He could build another Lefrak City

« Reply #232 on: March 06, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »
Quote Ha. O segment called "Hammer to Bricks"! Phil will be building the house!

Well we took him off the ball, so he doesn't do the circle thing anymore, but that frees him up to miss 65% of his shots. My question is would you rather him circle dribble at the point or machine gun bricks playing the two? Maybe should be a poll question.

paultzman

« Reply #233 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: Per the BIG EAST Conference: There will be no further action regarding last night's altercation by the conference. #stjbb”

LJSA

« Reply #234 on: March 06, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »

Maybe we can land a Kenny Anderson from that Lefrak City.

« Reply #235 on: March 06, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »

On a sidenote when Kenny went to the nba he bought his mom a house across the street from an old friend of mine in Glen Cove. He said Kenny was real nice dude.

It was awhile ago but I think Kenny filed for bankruptcy or something like that a while ago because he had more kids than Antonio Cromartie

LJSA

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2013, 10:47:18 PM »

On a sidenote when Kenny went to the nba he bought his mom a house across the street from an old friend of mine in Glen Cove. He said Kenny was real nice dude.

It was awhile ago but I think Kenny filed for bankruptcy or something like that a while ago because he had more kids than Antonio Cromartie

If I were a coach, the very first thing I'd do at the very first practice is hold up a condom and tell these guys to make it their best friend.

« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »
Quote-On a sidenote when Kenny went to the nba he bought his mom a house across the street from an old friend of mine in Glen Cove. He said Kenny was real nice dude.

Right out of college I worked for a brokerage firm where we "had" to take clients to Scores on occassion. This was back when the firms actually let you write off "funny money". Every time I was in Scores, EVERY time, Kenny Anderson was in there. In fact I was never there when he wasn't. This was back when he was on the Nets and he would have a roped off area with like 5 or 6 dancers around him and he was making it rain.  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:32:57 AM by we are sju »