Who's act on the court is more unacceptable

• 136 replies
Re: Who's act on the court is more unacceptable
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
You must have missed that thread. According to Baldi, he pulled a blade on Hines while Lavin was away. We are running with that as fact now evidently.

Bluto reported that his sources claim Harrison and Hines came close to fighting while Lavin was away becuase of his dad. -that was his actual post anyway.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:13:40 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »
It's all speculation---either way.  I'm just giving the benefit of the doubt to the authority figure. (Wow, I've been beaten into sumbission by "The Man")

redslope

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
Good ole Barstool Sports picking up on the incident

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/sirdominic-pointer-throwing-punches-at-notre-dame-last-night/

after scrolling through 7 pages this is the only thing I thought relevant.  Tha Kid is gonna be upset but the article shows why Manti had an imaginary girl firend--it gets lonely in South Bend.

As to the "fight"--ND has better ones in that Gym on their annual student boxing night.

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »
Seth Davis' opinion,not mine;

• That sure was an ugly fight at the end of the St. John's-Notre Dame game. It takes two to tango, but it seems to me there's been a lot of turmoil at St. John's the last few years.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130307/hoop-thoughts/#ixzz2Msidagwt

Moose

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 01:54:36 PM »
Seth Davis' opinion,not mine;

• That sure was an ugly fight at the end of the St. John's-Notre Dame game. It takes two to tango, but it seems to me there's been a lot of turmoil at St. John's the last few years.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130307/hoop-thoughts/#ixzz2Msidagwt

I will just laugh.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
the worst part of this article is this:

ROY: Ryan Arcidiacono, 6-3 freshman point guard, Villanova. This was not a banner year for Big East freshmen. Arcidiacono got the nod over the two candidates from St. John's (Jakarr Sampson and Chris Obekpa), as well as over Pitt center Steven Adams and UConn guard Omar Calhoun. That's because Arcidiacono had far more responsibilities than any of those players -- and for the most part, he handled them well. He has been especially effective down the stretch, failing to reach double figures just twice in the last nine games and eclipsing the 20-point mark three times.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130307/hoop-thoughts/#ixzz2Msl5KCZU

« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »
Robbins post fight and "brand" issues;

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/branding_problem_KMRjr4m3uDw8eUy91sTUXO
Truth hurts.
Truth? How does he know what precipitated any of these events? He is an opportunist. Not condoning Dom's punch but 90% of Robbins article portrayed the kids as thugs...

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 09:00:52 PM by section3 »

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2013, 10:37:55 PM »

ROY: Ryan Arcidiacono, 6-3 freshman point guard, Villanova. This was not a banner year for Big East freshmen. Arcidiacono got the nod over the two candidates from St. John's (Jakarr Sampson and Chris Obekpa), as well as over Pitt center Steven Adams and UConn guard Omar Calhoun. That's because Arcidiacono had far more responsibilities than any of those players -- and for the most part, he handled them well. He has been especially effective down the stretch, failing to reach double figures just twice in the last nine games and eclipsing the 20-point mark three times.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130307/hoop-thoughts/#ixzz2Msl5KCZU

How many Player of the Week awards does JaKarr have this year?

Moose

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:14 PM »

How many Player of the Week awards does JaKarr have this year?

7 or 8 I think

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »
Who would have been as morally outraged over the Dom fight if we were up by 10.

I'll admit I wouldn't have been. I'd be upset but not enough to stop me from rapid fire posing about the win instead of Dom

« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2013, 09:38:57 AM »
Lavin on fight
"You want to be gracious in defeat, but we are the youngest team in the country and youngest in SJU history."
I think if Lav gets pulled over for speeding he uses that excuse

paultzman

« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
Lavin on fight
"You want to be gracious in defeat, but we are the youngest team in the country and youngest in SJU history."
I think if Lav gets pulled over f
or speeding he uses that excuse
Lavin on fight

Ha! He could "spin" the positive aspects of a tsunami.

paultzman

« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2013, 09:52:53 AM »
Btw, Coach may be able to use the "youngest ever" credo after next season with exodus of JS, OS and probably another. Not panicked, just concerned.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:53:52 AM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »
Lavin on fight

Maybe our guys can attend Lavin's kiddie basketball camp in the summer?

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2013, 02:01:25 PM »

I'll admit I wouldn't have been. I'd be upset but not enough to stop me from rapid fire posing about the win instead of Dom
If we were up 10 there would have been no fight.

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »
Btw, Coach may be able to use the "youngest ever" credo after next season with exodus of JS, OS and probably another. Not panicked, just concerned.
Last year we started 5 freshmen and GG was only other schollie as a junior. This year we have a junior in Marco and loads of sophs so how can we be younger than last year?  ???

Moose

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »

If we were up 10 there would have been no fight.

If Dee wasn't suspended.
We might lose but don't lose by 26
And there wouldn't have been a fight.

:)