Who's act on the court is more unacceptable

• 136 replies
Re: Who's act on the court is more unacceptable
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2013, 08:00:58 PM »
I probably punch that kid in the face too after that down 30 after three losses in a row.  It's going to be tough to look at Dom the same way after that gay punch and worse followup, though. 

Adding Boxing to your repertoire?
He connect fist to face and the throws in a forearm shot after they lock up.
Now were criticizing the way our kids fight?
Lets stick to their missed jumpshots.

In what world was that a solid shot?  He ended up hugging the kid.  SMH

Last I checked boxers do exactly that.  Hug. SMH

Boxers don't get to throw unexpected cheap shots with bare fists.  I can't even believe you are arguing this.

Unexpected cheap shot?...the guy swung his arm at him and squared off...Dom should not have gotten into this but in no shape or fashion was this a cheap shot...the other guy was just as culpable if not more
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:01:23 PM by section3 »

Poison

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »
No further action taken by Big East.

That means Dom misses Marquette game and then is eligible to come back.

I'm surprised. Thought he would miss more.

We had something similar a few years ago under the squeaky clean recruiter of only gentlemen, Mr.Norm Roberts. Aaron Spears and Jeff Adrian got into it I believe at MSG. 1 game suspension for each player. We lost a lot more than Uconn did.

About 18-20 years ago, Charles Minlend was suspended for fighting with Uconn SOB Donny Marshall. Also 1 game suspension.

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2013, 08:03:53 PM »
Lots of SJ fans take things WAY too seriously. The negatives seem to weigh double what the positives do. Obviously it's never a good thing to have your team fight on national TV, but why is ND getting a pass here? All the media reports seem to imply SJ initiated everything unprovoked. They have their idea already that ND is this flawless pretty school with no marks on their record, and that SJ is just a team of thugs from Queens. Anyone else notice this? It's sad, but it totally reveals people's anti-SJ bias whether in the media or on twitter. I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. IMO this wasn't that unexpected...fights happen all the time in sports...if anyone knew the negative and desperate culture surrounding this team recently ontop of the embarrassment vs. ND, they would understand more.

It was a 3 second thing and no one got hurt...it's on the front page of CNN sports, the NYPost, ESPN CBB, etc. we get more attention for negativity than our high potential. It's not the fighting that was bad...it was getting pounded then fighting. UMiami was a legitimate bunch of thugs with their notorious football team in the 80's, but they won all the time so people respected it. Same with the Mets in 1986, past Yankees teams, etc. ND is a traitor school that hides behind a Catholic facade while they are secretly all about greed and corruption. They covered up rape cases, but of course you won't hear that. If women were raped at SJ, it would be all over. ND gets a free pass all the time.

Cooley is very chippy..easy when you're 40 pounds more than the other guy...so was that jerk Hansborough two years ago...

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
I probably punch that kid in the face too after that down 30 after three losses in a row.  It's going to be tough to look at Dom the same way after that gay punch and worse followup, though. 

Adding Boxing to your repertoire?
He connect fist to face and the throws in a forearm shot after they lock up.
Now were criticizing the way our kids fight?
Lets stick to their missed jumpshots.

In what world was that a solid shot?  He ended up hugging the kid.  SMH

Last I checked boxers do exactly that.  Hug. SMH

Boxers don't get to throw unexpected cheap shots with bare fists.  I can't even believe you are arguing this.

Unexpected cheap shot?...the guy swung his arm at him and squared off...Dom should not have gotten into this but in no shape or fashion was this a cheap shot...the other guy was just as culpable if not more

Agree, horrible decision by Dom, but hard to call it a "cheap shot." Anytime you touch a players face the way he did while you are beating them by 30, you better expect to get your ass kicked.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 08:05:14 PM by redstorm212 »

jr49

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:50 PM »
I want the best for our kids, and thats having them being up 30 closing out the game.

« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 09:54:52 PM »

That wrist was so floppy on the last left "attempt," he made Clay Aiken look like Chuck Norris.

I could be wrong, but it looked like Dom pushed the kid and as the kid was going back from the push he threw is hand in the direction of Dom's face.

Thought Pointer gave a shove before he got slapped in the face as well. Think you can see it as they appeared on screen. Have to look closely.  Could be wrong but thought he did.

« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 12:31:30 AM »
and I can't wait to get rid of this team to get fresh bodies who can shoot. 

I disagree wholeheartedly.  I like and support all of these players and believe that like the 2010 squad, they could be pretty good if they stay together long enough.

« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 12:40:49 AM »
No further action taken by Big East.

That means Dom misses Marquette game and then is eligible to come back.

I'm surprised. Thought he would miss more.

We had something similar a few years ago under the squeaky clean recruiter of only gentlemen, Mr.Norm Roberts. Aaron Spears and Jeff Adrian got into it I believe at MSG. 1 game suspension for each player. We lost a lot more than Uconn did.

About 18-20 years ago, Charles Minlend was suspended for fighting with Uconn SOB Donny Marshall. Also 1 game suspension.
Minlend / Marshall thing was a shame.It was similar to a football situation where the official only saw the second guy. On a in bounds play Marshall slapped Minelend in the face when Charles retaliated he was caught and bounced.

LJSA

« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 02:23:50 AM »
Charles was never the same after that. It was like he was afraid to get too aggressive and get tossed for the year for fighting again.

paultzman

paultzman

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
Terrible article.

Robbins post fight and "brand" issues;

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/branding_problem_KMRjr4m3uDw8eUy91sTUXO

Agree, a blogger from Port Washington is a credible judge of brand erosion? Lenn
had a deadline and winged it.

DFF6

« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »
Terrible article.

Robbins post fight and "brand" issues;

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/branding_problem_KMRjr4m3uDw8eUy91sTUXO

Agree, a blogger from Port Washington is a credible judge of brand erosion? Lenn
had a deadline and winged it.

Good point.  I think he's also sore about the Jimmy Olson comparisons on JJ. ;)

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »
So judging by the poll, eye rolling is a worse offense than throwing a punch. Who raised you people? ;D
So if your son punches his sister it is all good, but god forbid he gives you the stink eye, then off comes the belt?

Foad

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
So judging by the poll, eye rolling is a worse offense than throwing a punch. Who raised you people? ;D
So if your son punches his sister it is all good, but god forbid he gives you the stink eye, then off comes the belt?

Hypothesis. Harrison was disrespectful to TGAP Lavin whereas Pointer merely punched an opposing player. By way of analogy a priest who rolled his eyes at the Pope (a similarly infallible being) is worse than one who bitch slaps an Episcopalian.

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
Or...your kid jumps up and almost assaults his teacher v. your son got into a little scuffle with another kid in the class.

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
Quote-Hypothesis. Harrison was disrespectful to TGAP Lavin whereas Pointer merely punched an opposing player. By way of analogy a priest who rolled his eyes at the Pope (a similarly infallible being) is worse than one who bitch slaps an Episcopalian.-Fun

Yea, I guess that sums it up

Foad

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2013, 12:05:06 PM »
Or...your kid jumps up and almost assaults his teacher v. your son got into a little scuffle with another kid in the class.

Who did Harrison jump up and almost assault?

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
You must have missed that thread. According to Baldi, he pulled a blade on Hines while Lavin was away. We are running with that as fact now evidently.