When They Was Big

• 7 replies
When They Was Big
« on: March 10, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Can somebdy post the NYT article that lead the sports section today (paultz?)

Its a truly excellent feature on the histry of the BE tourney, it's place in NYC sports histry, the construction of the conf, the dismantling of the conf and the defining moment of the tourney bein the Truth vs Pearl.

Plenty of quotes from the two brothers plus Ron Rowan.

Remind y'all of what was and hopefully what could be resurrected.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:30:11 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

MCNPA

Re: When They Was Big
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »
Can somebdy post the NYT article that lead the sports section today (paultz?)

Its a truly excellent feature on the histry of the BE tourney, it's place in NYC sports histry, the construction of the conf, the dismantling of the conf and the defining moment of the tourney bein the Truth vs Pearl.

Plenty of quotes from the two brothers plus Ron Rowan.

Remind y'all of what was and hopefully what could be resurrected.

I think it can Choz, because this thing is finally about basketball again and not conflicting interests.  And there will be a lot of good basketball teams in this league, even next year.  Georgetown, Nova, SJU, Providence, Marquette, Butler, Xavier and some others will ALL be quite good next year and this will not be a watered down league.  I for one am excited for it and think it will be a ton better than many media pundits expect. 

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 02:30:53 PM »
The optimist in me says solid league and good chance for us to succeed. The pessimist in me says we better get our act together early in new season. Most of these teams return solid players and we can't assume we are superior to any of them. Even DP & SH should be better. Hopefully, the Euro trip will prepare us for success.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 04:25:42 PM »
The optimist in me says solid league and good chance for us to succeed. The pessimist in me says we better get our act together early in new season. Most of these teams return solid players and we can't assume we are superior to any of them. Even DP & SH should be better. Hopefully, the Euro trip will prepare us for success.

Agree. Think it will give us an opportunity to really succeed.  It's our Job to take advantage of it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »

the team is going overseas over the summer? 

paultzman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:30:48 PM »

the team is going overseas over the summer? 

Lavin mentioned possible Euro trip yesterday.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »

any idea where overseas ? maybe make a vacation around it if its places I haven't been to before