Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/20/famous-to-south-florida/

Famous to USF. Zona was also recruiting Famous and now that he is off the board does this intensify their interest in bringing in Parrom?

I think they have plenty of rides to give and obviously Famous and Parrom don't play the same position so I don't see how one has anything to do with the other.

« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »

Famous to USF. Zona was also recruiting Famous and now that he is off the board does this intensify their interest in bringing in Parrom?

I think they have plenty of rides to give and obviously Famous and Parrom don't play the same position so I don't see how one has anything to do with the other.

This is true but there are only so many guys who they deem scholarship worthy that are left on the board for this recruiting class. I don't think they want to come up empty.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »

This is true but there are only so many guys who they deem scholarship worthy that are left on the board for this recruiting class. I don't think they want to come up empty.

If they weren't full court pressing Parrom as soon as his LOI was rescinded (if not before) then I'm a monkey's uncle.  Miller (and Richardson) need to bring in a lot of talent to compete where AZ is used to competing in the Pac 10. 

Also they've already signed two higher ranked prospects since getting to AZ so coming up empty is not an option. (including Hill who plays the same position as Parrom and was ranked higher by many if not most services).  They will likely get Wise back but besides that they're not returning much more than role players.  I'm sure they're pressing hard for everybody they're still targeting including but not necessarily moreso for Parrom.

« Reply #243 on: April 23, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »
Not the most encouraging article for "us" Johnny fans.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/289952

« Reply #244 on: April 24, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »
Well....  Looks like the Johnnies are out of the running with Parrom.  According, to fordham (on Redmen.com via Rivals.com)....  He's down to Va. Tech, Xavier, Pittsburgh and Arizona.

This isn't good at all!  I'd like to keep this on topic, but I think we're ALSO gonna lose out on Stephenson.   IMO, the administration has NO REASON to retain Roberts, if that happens.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=939406&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

« Reply #245 on: April 24, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »
Sad day for johnnies fan , we found out Parrom cut us off his list & Lance hates us
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #246 on: April 24, 2009, 12:52:30 PM »
Of course.  With the kid's basketball running mate and after having him with St. John's as a runner up... he's moved on to bigger and better things.

Of course.  Good grief.

Lance hates us??

« Reply #247 on: April 24, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
Lance hates STJ??? According to who? Is there an article or comment from him?

« Reply #249 on: April 24, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »
so what? he mentioned not wanting to be in NYC many times before.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #250 on: April 24, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
But if he's still saying it, that's a bad sign.  Parrom had also said something about not staying local earlier.

« Reply #251 on: April 24, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »

That is kind of my point the fact that we have been chasing him for 3 years & even after JayHawks bird doodie on him he still won't commit.
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #252 on: April 24, 2009, 04:36:14 PM »

That is kind of my point the fact that we have been chasing him for 3 years & even after JayHawks bird doodie on him he still won't commit.

The basketball world has been chasing Lance for years...we r not out of the running yet but the longer it takes him to commit the worst it is for STJ. I am not giving up until i see him put on another colored hat...that's just the way i am.

« Reply #253 on: April 25, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
Did Parrom say he thought he wouldnt get much time at St. Johns? He must think St Johns is pretty good if a top 50 recruit is unsure of minutes

LJSA

« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »
Did Parrom say he thought he wouldnt get much time at St. Johns? He must think St Johns is pretty good if a top 50 recruit is unsure of minutes

Maybe he's just seen enough of Norm's substitution patterns and favoring of certain guys to know he doesn't want any part of that crap.

« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »
http://blog.zagsblog.net/

Parrom to Arizona, Lance to follow?

« Reply #256 on: May 03, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »

doubt it...arizona prefferd parrom over stephenson so im pretty sure they will slow down there push 2 get stephenson now

« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »

doubt it...arizona prefferd parrom over stephenson so im pretty sure they will slow down there push 2 get stephenson now

This should only further their push for him. Why stop at Kev? Zona lost a good amount to their program and if they can get Lance, why not?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
and esp with the fact sean miller has to build a team with scratch after hill and budinger leaving.  there's no way sean miller passes up the opportunity of lance. 

it was totally different with kansas because they already had very good - great players and only a need at sg.  xavier henry filled that.  plus, self has been coaching that team for a while and got the players to commit/had the relationships with them.   miller really doesn't have a connection with any of these guys and to "recommend" one to transfer isn't out of the question. 

« Reply #259 on: May 03, 2009, 12:34:11 PM »
the whole this is i dont think lance wants 2 split time like that...i understand that splitting time wit henry or parrom r completely diffrent scenarios..but if i herd again that a school wantd a certain player over me n he signed with them that deffinetly would make me look at my other choices a lot harder..but arizona could put on @ sf n one @ sg n have a pretty good young linup given that stephenson is gone after yr one