Max hooper

• 115 replies

MCNPA

Max hooper
« on: April 02, 2013, 07:09:15 PM »
Think he can shoot?  Jakarr posted this on twitter...

Max Hooper 3 Point Shooting Challenge (108 made in 5 minutes)

paultzman

Re: Max hooper
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
No doubt. Wonder if he can guard and get his shot off consistently. Hope so, seems like a good guy.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 07:16:17 PM »
Doesn't look 6'6
Too slow of a release
Right foot too close to the line

Doomed
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:22:33 PM »
Doesn't look 6'6
Too slow of a release

Doomed

Needs Mohawk & tats.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »
Doesn't look 6'6
Too slow of a release

Doomed

Part of being able to get your shot off is hustling to the spot where you're going to shoot the ball. Marco moved like an old lady. That's the real reason why he can't handle playing at this level. I'd like to see Hooper in a game situation where he's required to hustle. That would tell us more. Marco can hit wide open threes too.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:42:47 PM »
Saw Marco miss a lot of open shots, 22-75 for 29% not all were contested.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:44:17 PM by erickthered »

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:01:23 PM »
Can we get the rebounder to run the point next season too?

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:14:24 PM »
For the last 20 years every shooter we have brought in has sucked. I will assume he sucks until he proves me wrong

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
Bootsy Thornton did not suck.  Ask Duke. 

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »
I actually thought his release looked pretty quick, sorta hard to tell from up top, but I liked it. My biggest problem is that the release itself is sorta low. Doesn't mean he won't be able to get it off just a slight concern.

More than the fact that he is hitting these shots, I'm happier with the fact that he is putting so much work in at the gym. In the last few days we've seen multiple of these sorta things. He understands that we really need a shooter and he is going to try his hardest to fill that role.

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »
yeah, but can he hit his free throws

Moose

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 08:53:59 PM »
I actually thought his release looked pretty quick, sorta hard to tell from up top, but I liked it. My biggest problem is that the release itself is sorta low. Doesn't mean he won't be able to get it off just a slight concern.

More than the fact that he is hitting these shots, I'm happier with the fact that he is putting so much work in at the gym. In the last few days we've seen multiple of these sorta things. He understands that we really need a shooter and he is going to try his hardest to fill that role.

My post was in jest and a shot at those who will inevitably have a comment about it

bk8664

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »

My post was in jest and a shot at those who will inevitably have a comment about it

You should have just said that it goes in the hoop too often...

Better yet, you should have compared him to Jason Kapono - whom has said his best effort was hitting 123 threes in a row and 184 for 200 (presuming they were NBA three's) - and demanded similar efforts from Hooper.

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:37 PM »

Haha yeah I figured your's was a joke, just thought I would throw my two cents in.

redslope

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
Glad he can shoot but who will pass to him

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 09:29:31 PM »
Where is Marilac for studio analysis?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
It's going to be pretty interesting looking at the confused look on our players faces when Hooper starts hitting shots and our players dont know what to do next

Moose

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:55 PM »
Where is Marilac for studio analysis?

That's turrible

Moose

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:37:30 PM »

You should have just said that it goes in the hoop too often...

Better yet, you should have compared him to Jason Kapono - whom has said his best effort was hitting 123 threes in a row and 184 for 200 (presuming they were NBA three's) - and demanded similar efforts from Hooper.

I'll leave the comparisons to Lav ;)

Moose

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Forget Max
Who is rebounding?  Kid can board and pass ;)