Amir is leaving st. john's

• 271 replies

Poison

Re: Amir is leaving st. john's
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2013, 07:59:26 AM »
Yup, Hamilton, Hill and Jones were only guys not to go to strip club I believe.

It's all a blur.  But Hamilton was suspended but not expelled.  He was part of it but a minor part or something.

Hill and Cuffe weren't involved at all.

Correct, Cuffe was quoted at the time as saying he didn't like to go out after losses. He was definitely in his room, and I think reading.

He's a good guy. Came to MSG this year for a game w his family.

« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »
Hamilton did get in trouble for being in the room as a spectator but not participating in the train ride.  He and Mo Diakite were suspended for the balance of the year, while Reynolds, Keita and Ingram were kicked off the team for said train ride.
pitino gets a raise to five million dollars for doing the same thing on a restaurant table while our guy who fired the coach months earlier and gave him the blame piles up rolexes and hong kong suits.

college hoops...

pmg911

« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2013, 08:39:59 AM »

pitino gets a raise to five million dollars for doing the same thing on a restaurant table while our guy who fired the coach months earlier and gave him the blame piles up rolexes and hong kong suits.

college hoops...

are you really saying that having consensual sex with a lady and calling a hooker are the same thing..?

Poison

« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

college hoops...

are you really saying that having consensual sex with a lady and calling a hooker are the same thing..?

A woman should have the right to charge money for the use of her vagina. Don't you agree? Is that not consensual as well?

Moose

« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:07 AM »
Oh God here we go
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
Oh God here we go

What? Was it something I said?

Moose

« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Oh God here we go

Amir transferring thread turning into whether prostitution should be legal :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:02:23 AM by Moose »

Poison

« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:30 AM »
Oh God here we go

Getting back to Amir, I think it's clear that his lack of jumper put him him on the bench. That says to me the guy who gets his minutes will need to have a consistent one. It might work out that Sampson plays the 3 and Sanchez plays the 4. Dom is the 6th man, and that leaves very little time for Amir.

I get it, but I don't like losing the continuity that I see other programs thriving from. Seniors make a difference. We saw that 2 years ago. It's big part of success. We're not going to be as experienced as we expected to be next year.

« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2013, 09:41:06 AM »
Oh God here we go

Getting back to Amir, I think it's clear that his lack of jumper put him him on the bench. That says to me the guy who gets his minutes will need to have a consistent one. It might work out that Sampson plays the 3 and Sanchez plays the 4. Dom is the 6th man, and that leaves very little time for Amir.

I get it, but I don't like losing the continuity that I see other programs thriving from. Seniors make a difference. We saw that 2 years ago. It's big part of success. We're not going to be as experienced as we expected to be next year.

We need a bench. Teams like Louisville go 10 deep

« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »
I thought someone was gonna say Amir played like a pu$$y.  (Sorry Amir) 

Poison

« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:19 AM »
Oh God here we go

Who will be on our bench? Tough question, right?

crgreen

« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:06 AM »
Oh God here we go

Don't we have 12 scholarship players next season?  Srs  Orlando Sanchez, God's Gift Achiuwa, and Marco Bourgalt;  Juniors Phil Green, Jamal Branch, Sir Dominic Pointer, and probably D'Angelo Harrison.  Sophmores Chris Obekpa, Felix Balamou, Max Hooper, Christian Jones, and probably Jakarr Sampson...By my count that's 7 deep in Seniors & Juniors

SJUFAN

« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
Oh God here we go

We're not going to be as experienced because we lost Amir? Not knocking Amir but his experience was not going to help us win games. We needed talent. Amir baseball schedule prevents him from improving year over year like we need him to.

Seniors do make a difference, but we cant have 7-8 man recruiting classes every 4 years. Next year we have GG and Sanchez and I believe Marco as well will be seniors. Branch, Greene, Dom, and D'lo will be Juniors. Thats seven upper classmen. Seven more than we had this year. The following year are four Juniors will be seniors, and our four Soph, assuming Sampson leaves, will be juniors (Hooper, Felix, Jones, and Obekpa). That's eight upper classmen, four seniors and four juniors. See the trend? Our scholarship disturbution is begining to even out and we will have upper classmen. Guys just need to be patient. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
Oh God here we go

Actually Louisville routinely play 8, Syracuse as well. Duke has a 7 man rotation and they have Amil Jefferson on the bench. He would have been our top recruit last year. Depth is important for practice, development, injuries, foul trouble and the like. Going 10 deep in the game is over rated, maybe bring in a kid for a couple spot minutes to spell a player but I want my top guys on the floor at all times. I would prefer to see us shorten our rotation and get some continuity.

Poison

« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2013, 11:59:59 AM »
Oh God here we go

We're not going to be as experienced because we lost Amir? Not knocking Amir but his experience was not going to help us win games. We needed talent. Amir baseball schedule prevents him from improving year over year like we need him to.

Seniors do make a difference, but we cant have 7-8 man recruiting classes every 4 years. Next year we have GG and Sanchez and I believe Marco as well will be seniors. Branch, Greene, Dom, and D'lo will be Juniors. Thats seven upper classmen. Seven more than we had this year. The following year are four Juniors will be seniors, and our four Soph, assuming Sampson leaves, will be juniors (Hooper, Felix, Jones, and Obekpa). That's eight upper classmen, four seniors and four juniors. See the trend? Our scholarship disturbution is begining to even out and we will have upper classmen. Guys just need to be patient. 

I'm not disagreeing w what you wrote. I agree that not playing over summer stunted his growth.

You listed Harrison as returning. I would like a stronger confirmation before I count on that.

« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
Oh God here we go

Don't we have 12 scholarship players next season?  Srs  Orlando Sanchez, God's Gift Achiuwa, and Marco Bourgalt;  Juniors Phil Green, Jamal Branch, Sir Dominic Pointer, and probably D'Angelo Harrison.  Sophmores Chris Obekpa, Felix Balamou, Max Hooper, Christian Jones, and probably Jakarr Sampson...By my count that's 7 deep in Seniors & Juniors

Oldest team in the country.  ;)

paultzman

« Reply #216 on: April 05, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
official response;

“@STJ_Basketball: Sophomore Swingman Garrett To Leave #STJBB Program: http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040513aab.html
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:12:04 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #217 on: April 05, 2013, 01:54:58 PM »
St. John’s head men’s basketball coach Steve Lavin announced that sophomore swingman Amir Garrett will leave the program at the end of the spring semester, to pursue a career in professional baseball and potentially enroll at another institution to continue playing collegiate basketball.

« Reply #218 on: April 05, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
Oh God here we go

Actually Louisville routinely play 8, Syracuse as well. Duke has a 7 man rotation and they have Amil Jefferson on the bench. He would have been our top recruit last year. Depth is important for practice, development, injuries, foul trouble and the like. Going 10 deep in the game is over rated, maybe bring in a kid for a couple spot minutes to spell a player but I want my top guys on the floor at all times. I would prefer to see us shorten our rotation and get some continuity.

While I agree with your premise Louisville actually went 9 deep.  Will go 8 this weekend without Ware.

« Reply #219 on: April 05, 2013, 02:42:29 PM »

college hoops...

i guess the operative word here is "lady".  are you saying a woman who has sex on a restaurant table with someone she just met is a lady?