Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S

• 458 replies

Poison

Re: Bashir Ahmed - SF - JFK - Bronx, NY
« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2015, 01:46:46 PM »
If Bashir was at both games, I know what he saw--PT and plenty of it.
He also saw ugly BB. Not saying he wont committ, but there are good teams w PT. I guess a lot comes down to what he believes is the future of the program w Mullin.

PT alone doesn't work. That was Norm's go-to.

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
Idk if Mullin holds his players accountable? As far as effort and intensity. The last two games was difficult to watch. I mean it's one thing the team is rebuilding, personnel, new players, new system etc. Which most of the times won't result or translate into a winning season. And quite Franklin that's understandable. But where is the sense of urgency from the players, where is the heart? Where is the toughness? where is the fight? It's one thing to lose but you have to put it all out there! Are the players suppose to hold each other accountable or that's the coaches job? Buttons has to be pushed and it has to come from the staff.
Two back to back ugly losses! Shouldn't be a reason why the  Top Juco player Bashir Ahmed don't commit to Us. But it's definitely a concern, huge concern. For him to even witness the lack of aggression on both ends of the floor in person.

I'm just saying......... ::)

Tha Kid

« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
He also saw ugly BB. Not saying he wont committ, but there are good teams w PT. I guess a lot comes down to what he believes is the future of the program w Mullin.

Yeah I mean what does Chris Mullin have that Norm doesn't have?

I agree with most of your points lately poison, that the losses MAY have an affect on recruits, or maybe not, but to act like there is no WAY they could is ridiculous.  However let's not start comparing Chris to Norm with PT to offer and nothing else....
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »

Norm would have landed Bash as well but he would never be playing next to talent like Sima, Yakwe, Mussini, and Ponds--plus he wouldn't have been coached well.

Poison

« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »

Yeah I mean what does Chris Mullin have that Norm doesn't have?

I agree with most of your points lately poison, that the losses MAY have an affect on recruits, or maybe not, but to act like there is no WAY they could is ridiculous.  However let's not start comparing Chris to Norm with PT to offer and nothing else....

No one wants to compare Mullin to Norm. The truth is it's way too early to go there. So I shouldn't have. That said, the idea of selling playing time is awful. If we had Bashir now, it probably wouldn't help much because what I see is a collective defensive mindset that is unprepared for D1 ball. We know what's wrong with our offense, and without ball handlers that won't improve, but we should be, and Bashir should be as well, looking to see how this staff continues to make adjustments, especially on the defensive end.

Let's see how the team responds on Tuesday night.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 07:34:35 PM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2015, 08:06:11 PM »
Agree poison. Honestly don't expect anything new. Business as usual. The team will be prepared. But no one on the staff is losing sleep over this game. They get a pass. Coach will be enjoying a fancy water as we get our ass kicked. It is a process . Future looks good.
I hope that's not true . I hope the boys come fired up. Not expecting that. Coaching college is about emotion and excitement . Besides our 4th coach our staff doesn't understand that . Another big game. If we play like we have another blow out. I am not shitting on the staff, I am hoping to see something different.

hnk

Zach B.
« Reply #246 on: December 22, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 38m38 minutes ago West Haven, CT

I'm hearing it is looking very good for St. John's in its pursuit of Bashir Ahmed, per a source close to the JUCO star. #sjubb

cjfish

« Reply #247 on: December 23, 2015, 10:59:43 AM »
great,, God knows we need him next year

paultzman

« Reply #248 on: December 23, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
Zagoria tweet;
St. John's feeling optimistic on Bashir Ahmed but still no word on Marcus LoVett.

paultzman

« Reply #249 on: December 23, 2015, 08:06:06 PM »
:)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 08:07:45 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »
Do you think he commits this weekend

MCNPA

« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2015, 09:21:20 PM »
He's a big piece of this puzzle.  Too many people have panties in a bunch about this season which is essentially training camp for our young guys.  Anybody expecting to compete nightly is sorely misguided.  Would love to add Bashir.  He's that Duke-type wing that can get the ball past almost anybody. 

paultzman

« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:20 PM »
He's a big piece of this puzzle.  Too many people have panties in a bunch about this season which is essentially training camp for our young guys.  Anybody expecting to compete nightly is sorely misguided.  Would love to add Bashir.  He's that Duke-type wing that can get the ball past almost anybody. 
You are

SJU79

« Reply #253 on: December 23, 2015, 10:16:12 PM »
Again this is a done deal. DONE DONE DONE

derk

« Reply #254 on: December 23, 2015, 10:21:45 PM »

When When When. Wake me up when it's really done yup

« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »

I feel confident, but if totally decided/done what would be the reason at this point for not directly giving a public verbal commit vs. close sources in the news?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:23:34 PM by RedStormNC »

paultzman

« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2015, 10:27:39 PM »

I feel confident, but if totally decided/done what would be the reason at this point for not directly giving a public verbal commit vs. close sources in the news?
Some folks enjoy the weekend. :)

Wods317

« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2015, 11:04:23 PM »

Thanks SJU and Paultz. Appreciate the info as always. We need scoring from our guards and wings and I think Ahmed and Ponds will help a lot.

« Reply #258 on: December 26, 2015, 10:07:49 AM »
Hope everybody had a great and bless Christmas

On the redmen site every body says its official that Bashir Ahmed has committed .

I don't see it official on anybody website.

Did he commit.

Wods317

« Reply #259 on: December 26, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
Hope everybody had a great and bless Christmas

On the redmen site every body says its official that Bashir Ahmed has committed .

I don't see it official on anybody website.

Did he commit.

He hasn't announced anything formally but I am assuming he gave the staff some type of verbal if everyone is so confident he is locked up. We should hear very soon from him from what everyone has said.