Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)

• 66 replies

paultzman

Re: Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Mike Poole had a career-high 18 pts Dec. 9 vs. Iona at MSG and likes their style of play, per @Nateblueis4real”

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 07:09:22 PM »
If there is a way to make it work without kicking someone off the team, go for it..

There might be a way.

Soccer scholarship and basketball walk on?

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
If there is a way to make it work without kicking someone off the team, go for it..

There might be a way.

Walk on 13-14 and then possible schollie 14-15.  No waiver.

Again still a longshot for SJU even with that.

desco80

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Give me a good reason to go to St Johns of he's going to get Marco minutes?

He definitely get more than Marco and split time with Dom.  He's a seasoned Big East wing who can do quite a few things.    Would people here  really be upset if we landed a solid veteran wing, something we're missing, in a season where we could make a deep tourney run?  If we had a ship and he could play this year I'd love to have him.  He's Harkless' best friend and no doubt SJU is involved even by mention because of that connection.
He's better than Marco, but I don't think he would split time with Dom.   
The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the street.    I like Poole, he can do a little of everything on the court.   But that's not what we need right now.
He shot like a poor man's Phil Greene last year.   23% from 3pt, and less than 60% from the foul line.    If we take on a wing right now they need to be able to score.   That's not a knock on Poole, he just doesn't matchup with our team's needs right now.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/51338/mike-poole
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:31:47 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »

There might be a way.

Walk on 13-14 and then possible schollie 14-15.  No waiver.

Again still a longshot for SJU even with that.

Only Rutgers player I would want is Jack. He could be a monster for us. Haven't seen his name on any transfer rumors though.   

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2013, 08:17:06 PM »
I don't think he leaves Iona without signing

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2013, 08:54:09 PM »
this is not happenin.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

desco80

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:05 PM »
Why is Liberty on his list?  Isn't that Pat Robertson's school down south? 
Different stroke for different folks I guess, but that seems like an outlier to me. 

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
Different stroke for different folks I guess, but that seems like an outlier to me. 

Where Curry of Duke transferred from.

desco80

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

+1
Fair point Paultz.   

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »

+1
Fair point Paultz.   

No, I agree with you about it being odd choice. I was just pointing out Curry played there. Having looked at Liberty coaching staff , I could not see a connection. There is one guy from IMG who Nate may know.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:13 PM »
Didn't want to make a new thread and it's slightly off topic, but that kid Angel Rodriguez from K-State is transferring. Any chance we could be involved with him? He is from Puerto Rico and there is obviously a huge Puerto Rican presence in NY.

paultzman

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 09:26:25 PM »
Didn't want to make a new thread and it's slightly off topic, but that kid Angel Rodriguez from K-State is transferring. Any chance we could be involved with him? He is from Puerto Rico and there is obviously a huge Puerto Rican presence in NY.

From Miami and rumored to be heading to the U.

Poison

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »

Can't blame him. It's a great program now.

Marillac

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 11:19:55 AM »

Can't blame him. It's a great program now.

What?  They can't draw fans if they paid them to go.  It's not a great program...they had a good year.  They've have good teams before, but it will never be a great program. 

gman

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »

+1
Fair point Paultz.   

No, I agree with you about it being odd choice. I was just pointing out Curry played there. Having looked at Liberty coaching staff , I could not see a connection. There is one guy from IMG who Nate may know.

I used to play liberty in lacrosse. I would never last at that school. Way too uptight and religious

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 04:01:59 PM »

+1
Fair point Paultz.   

I used to play liberty in lacrosse. I would never last at that school. Way too uptight and religious

Iona per Nate

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 04:08:58 PM »
“@AdamZagoria: Former Rutgers Wing Mike Poole to Iona http://zagsblog.com/rutgers/former-rutgers-wing-mike-poole-to-iona/ @MikePoole_10”

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 04:09:01 PM »
Wow. Getting it done

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
thank goodness it's iona!!!  we have enough decent players without taking a flier on poole. 

i think blue mentioned st john's along with dogs like liberty and norfolk state to create a demand from cluess.  no way was he coming here.