No Big Men?!

• 17 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
No Big Men?!
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:24:27 PM »
How come we're not talking about any power forwards in this recruiting chatter?  Does the staff have nobody over 6'6" coming to visit?

kjd01067

Re: No Big Men?!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 05:37:53 PM »
We did have a few on the radar but they have decided to go elsewhere.  Faber(depaul), Vanderbeken(Iowa state), Hendriquez(prep).  Hamilton is still on the radar but no one is sure of his class or desire to come here.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 06:01:07 PM »
kyrie sutton.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:57:50 PM »
Yeah, I forgot about Sutton.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Yeah, I forgot about Sutton.

peter, this isnt on the topic, but your blog is fantastic! keep up the great work.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
kyrie sutton.

ive heard from a number of people that he wont qualify
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »
speaking of another psal brook school. what about justin greene?  he's not that bad at all and i'm not sure if he's a high major player but def mid major.  who's goin after him?  scout has rutgers.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
Green is 6-6 but i will take him  :)  He knows his role as a garbage man & he is from a winning program  But he would be yet another limited role player , on this team filled with limited role player
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

sjd8886

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:21 PM »
i think roberts would take one in a second if he could get one...still, i see alot of potential in our frontcourt as it is...burrell is great, despite the late season drop off, coker has the potential to be a beast, even if that only shows up in rebounds and blocks, and evans could develop into a pretty darn good player over the next few years...he came a long way this year, and he showed more atheticism and grit than anyone on this team this past year...if our big men work hard this summer we could be strong up front this year

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »
Strong being a relative term.  Competitive is more accurate.  I am planning a post on how I think this team will look; for me, the wild card is Coker.  I think he has a wealth of talent but he gets unbelievably bad post position on defense and can't use his strength and ability.  If he comes in a little stronger, a little quicker, and with better anticipation, he might be something, though he'll foul out of multiple games.

And Evans is proof that the staff was working with him; he looked terrible in the beginning of the season and much better at the end, though he has no offense, occasionally thinks he can shoot, bricks free throws, and is too eager to help on defense (and then someone goes by him for a dunk).

kob24

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 06:39:47 PM »
sutton iosnt big east material maybe wth a year of prep. but i like the big man from linden he is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
sutton iosnt big east material maybe wth a year of prep. but i like the big man from linden he is gonna be a steal for whoever gets him

agreed on both points
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 10:43:48 PM »
Are there any quality big men left in the JC ranks? We need more size.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 10:27:22 PM »
why dont we all wait and see what happens with a big man, we may be pleasantly surprised.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 08:39:45 AM »
that would be a first.

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 12:53:22 PM »
why dont we all wait and see what happens with a big man, we may be pleasantly surprised.
Derrick Favors, Daniel Orton, or just another castoff that other programs took a pass on?

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:01 AM »

Good point red..  ;D .. FYI - Phil Wait, 7'1 center, was on an  "official" visit this weekend at SJU. He is being looked at by UCLA as well.  Hopefully we can get a commitment from him before he leaves today.

btw - Saw Sean Evans(along with Paris & DJ) yesterday on campus. The kid appears to have grown another inch since the season ended & is built like a mack truck. IMO, if he keeps growing at this rate he may wind up being our starting center.  All three of them are very nice kids though & all of them were excited about our prospects for next season. D.J. also seemed a little taller as well.... peace!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 09:53:46 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »

Good point red..  ;D .. FYI - Phil Wait, 7'1 center, was on an  "official" visit this weekend at SJU. He is being looked at by UCLA as well.  Hopefully we can get a commitment from him before he leaves today.

btw - Saw Sean Evans(along with Paris & DJ) yesterday on campus. The kid appears to have grown another inch since the season ended & is built like a mack truck. IMO, if he keeps growing at this rate he may wind up being our starting center.  All three of them are very nice kids though & all of them were excited about our prospects for next season. D.J. also seemed a little taller as well.... peace!

Curious.. .   what had you on campus..?

Are you taking classes at SJU.?