UA Undeniable Camp

• 26 replies
UA Undeniable Camp
« on: July 02, 2013, 03:38:11 AM »
-Dom Pointer is in serious shape. Maturity and dedication is obvious.
-Pointer locking up dudes. Pinned a few on the glass, caught one mid air, and showing confidence in midrange game. Gave a lot of credit to Coach Hines.
-Pointer has added a bit of Lavin to him. Making time well spent being a counselor to high school kids.

-Jamal Branch is healthy.
-Is doing a good job finding teammates.
-Has gotten better of Chaz Williams and Anthony Collins (the other 2 pg's at camp).
-Has not done much else offensively. Would like to see him be more assertive offensively but then again he's playing his role just fine.

I'll give some more updates on high school kids tomorrow.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

Re: UA Undeniable Camp
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 06:13:15 AM »
-Pointer locking up dudes. Pinned a few on the glass, caught one mid air, and showing confidence in midrange game. Gave a lot of credit to Coach Hines.
-Pointer has added a bit of Lavin to him. Making time well spent being a counselor to high school kids.

-Has gotten better of Chaz Williams and Anthony Collins (the other 2 pg's at camp).
-Has not done much else offensively. Would like to see him be more assertive offensively but then again he's playing his role just fine.

Thanks for the report Dave.  If Pointer ever figures his jumpshot out, he can be a real problem for people.  I hope he keeps maturing and keeps growing as a player.  Regardless, he is going to be a huge asset for us over the next 2 years.  Also good to hear Branch is in shape.  We will need him giving us good minutes at PG, whether he starts or not. 

sju89tr

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:39:53 AM »
Pointer will just get better and better. Interested to see how working with Martin improves Branch's game.   

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
any insight into Whitehead?

TONYD3

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 01:45:53 PM »
What is the ua undeniable camp?

Moose

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
What is the ua undeniable camp?

Under Armour invite camp
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:17:15 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tiznow

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »

Thanks for the report Dave.  If Pointer ever figures his jumpshot out, he can be a real problem for people.  I hope he keeps maturing and keeps growing as a player.  Regardless, he is going to be a huge asset for us over the next 2 years.  Also good to hear Branch is in shape.  We will need him giving us good minutes at PG, whether he starts or not.

Sir Dom figured out his jump shot last season.  There's no stopping this guy.   

Poison

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 03:59:17 PM »

Thank you Dave. Your info is appreciated.

desco80

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »

Yup.  He was quietly our most efficient player.   

And, it wouldn't be obvious from watching a game, but he also led us in assists. 
Best defender? Yup.  Most assists?  Yup. Shoots a good percentage? Yup. Rebounds? Yup.
We could use more guys like sir Dom.   I know some think he'll be our 6th man, but I'll be shocked if Dom doesn't start. 

crgreen

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 10:59:54 PM »

Yup.  He was quietly our most efficient player.   

And, it wouldn't be obvious from watching a game, but he also led us in assists. 
Best defender? Yup.  Most assists?  Yup. Shoots a good percentage? Yup. Rebounds? Yup.
We could use more guys like sir Dom.   I know some think he'll be our 6th man, but I'll be shocked if Dom doesn't start.

Wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't start, but will be absolutely stunned if he doesn't get staters MINUTES.  Thing is  he can back up at 3 positions.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
Dom needs a handle. Thats his problem

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

One would hope that he has improved that aspect of his game significantly this offseason

Poison

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 01:32:14 AM »

In that regard, he reminds me Postell. Lavor had a ton of energy, athleticism and defensive ability, but when he tightened his handle, he became a threat from all over. I see Dom developing like Postell. They have a lot in common.

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »

In that regard, he reminds me Postell. Lavor had a ton of energy, athleticism and defensive ability, but when he tightened his handle, he became a threat from all over. I see Dom developing like Postell. They have a lot in common.
Great analogy Poison and hope Sir Dom improves handle so he can be a more complete player and greater asset. It would be great to have another Lavor on the team.

crgreen

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »

Great analogy Poison and hope Sir Dom improves handle so he can be a more complete player and greater asset. It would be great to have another Lavor on the team.

I think it was in my first or second post on Sir Dom, seeing him in that all-star game before his freshman year, I said I thought he had the potential to be a bigger, stronger, better Michael Cooper.   Still feel that way.   Tough to remember in this era of one and dones, that this kid is still less than HALFWAY thru his college development.   The equivalent to Michael Coopers rookie season for him in the NBA will be the 2017 season.  (After 4 years of college, Coop missed what should have been his rookie season with a leg injury).

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
Only if Sir Dom is unfortunate enough to miss his first season due to injury. Doubt Coop improved much sitting out his first season due to injury.

crgreen

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 02:32:23 PM »
Only if Sir Dom is unfortunate enough to miss his first season due to injury. Doubt Coop improved much sitting out his first season due to injury.

Actually, he improved tremendously - an additional year of development and unlimited coaching by Jerry West and his staff, with teammates Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Adrian Dantly, Lou Hudson, Jamaal Wilkes, Ron Boone, and Norm Nixon as mentors for that year (and subsequent off-season).

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 05:30:20 PM »
Whitehead was a straight killer at this camp. His game keeps getting better and better. Not many schools are on him as of now either. Cuse, Louisville, Minnesota, St. John's, and lukewarm from UCLA.

Goodluck Okonoboh is interested in St. John's and he talks with Lav a lot. Thinks Lav is really smart guy and likes texting with him.

Two guards I personally like a lot were Jalen Adams and Kaleb Joseph. Think these two will shoot up ranks very soon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »
Whitehead was a straight killer at this camp. His game keeps getting better and better. Not many schools are on him as of now either. Cuse, Louisville, Minnesota, St. John's, and lukewarm from UCLA.

Goodluck Okonoboh is interested in St. John's and he talks with Lav a lot. Thinks Lav is really smart guy and likes texting with him.

Two guards I personally like a lot were Jalen Adams and Kaleb Joseph. Think these two will shoot up ranks very soon.

Nice! Thx for info Dave. Are we getting in late for GO or have we had contact before?

MCNPA

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 05:39:45 PM »

Nice to hear we are involved with Okonoboh.  He's a monster. Didn't know we were involved.  Maybe we're a dark horse with him?  If we can land this kid, we'd be in the driver's seat for 14'. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:43:07 PM by MCNPA »