Breaking News: St. John's.......

• 58 replies
Re: Breaking News: St. John's.......
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
And to all y'all haters out there, it do show why this site in No. 1 wit tru St. John fans. Best believe.

Choz..   who is this little comment directed at...   I hope you don't mean the guys over at Big East Boards..?

It mean who it mean.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »
Guys lets not put down other sites, writers, or anyone. I'm concerned with what goes on here and what goes on here only. I work hard to try and be the best I can and I put a great deal of work into this. So lets focus on what is going on here. I don't want to be a part of any board feuding what so ever. If you like reading or posting elsewhere more power to you. I will still be here working hard to ensure people are informed and have a great place to discuss and debate St. John's Sports.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

mkras99

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 11:06:19 PM »
Guys lets not put down other sites, writers, or anyone. I'm concerned with what goes on here and what goes on here only. I work hard to try and be the best I can and I put a great deal of work into this. So lets focus on what is going on here. I don't want to be a part of any board feuding what so ever. If you like reading or posting elsewhere more power to you. I will still be here working hard to ensure people are informed and have a great place to discuss and debate St. John's Sports.
Amen Dave. Amen.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 12:31:59 AM »

well said. the 1 board vs. another board is foolish. all for one st johns and one st. johns for all
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 08:25:50 AM »
And to all y'all haters out there, it do show why this site in No. 1 wit tru St. John fans. Best believe.

Choz..   who is this little comment directed at...   I hope you don't mean the guys over at Big East Boards..?

It mean who it mean.

I agree with JJ but since I post mostly on BEB, am a moderator there and have friends there...   I will stick up for the board if I feel it is being slighted..   

CHOZ. .   with all due respect. .you care certainly entitled to any opinion you want to hold but for a guy who will not even tell people who he is...    I find the critique of whomever you rcomment was intended for as being hyposcritical. .  if you you have sometime to say to those people on BEB. .  go over and say it and be done with it. .   I know you still read the board...  I see you logged on frequently...

JJ..    you do a great job here...    keep up the good work...

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 09:05:52 AM »

Choz..   who is this little comment directed at...   I hope you don't mean the guys over at Big East Boards..?

It mean who it mean.

I agree with JJ but since I post mostly on BEB, am a moderator there and have friends there...   I will stick up for the board if I feel it is being slighted..   

CHOZ. .   with all due respect. .you care certainly entitled to any opinion you want to hold but for a guy who will not even tell people who he is...    I find the critique of whomever you rcomment was intended for as being hyposcritical. .  if you you have sometime to say to those people on BEB. .  go over and say it and be done with it. .   I know you still read the board...  I see you logged on frequently...

he never mentioned BEB...let it go...
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 11:20:44 AM »

I agree with JJ but since I post mostly on BEB, am a moderator there and have friends there...   I will stick up for the board if I feel it is being slighted..   

CHOZ. .   with all due respect. .you care certainly entitled to any opinion you want to hold but for a guy who will not even tell people who he is...    I find the critique of whomever you rcomment was intended for as being hyposcritical. .  if you you have sometime to say to those people on BEB. .  go over and say it and be done with it. .   I know you still read the board...  I see you logged on frequently...

Dont even know why you on my jock son but whateva.

Aint lookin fo no tussle, specially when we all welcomin a playa into the St. John fams. Much luck to the kid and his peeps. I hope he find success on the court and in the classroom 'cause that where it count.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »
Just leave it be guys

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 12:09:40 PM »
what time is this guy signing?

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 01:13:43 PM »
what time is this guy signing?

Settle he did.

http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042908aaa.html

QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's head men's basketball coach Norm Roberts announced the signing of high school guard Quincy Roberts (Harrisburg, Pa.) to a national letter of intent to play for the Red Storm, beginning in the 2008-09 season.

"We're excited about Quincy joining our basketball family and our University," said Roberts, entering his fifth year at the helm of the Red Storm. "He comes from a culture of success, on and off the court, and his versatility will really help him contribute immediately to our backcourt. Quincy's personality and leadership qualities will enable him to mix well with our guys and our campus community."

Roberts, a 6-5, 190-pound all-state standout from Harrisburg High School in the state capital of Pennsylvania, is a combination guard with outstanding scoring, ballhandling and playmaking abilities. A versatile athlete, Roberts led the Cougars to state tournament semifinal appearances as a sophomore and junior, and helped Harrisburg combine for a 73-16 record across his final three seasons.

Roberts averaged 18.5 points per game, 6.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists during his senior campaign to notch a third-straight Mid-Penn all-conference selection, earning first team honors, and was named to the Harrisburg Patriot-News Big 15. A dual-sport athlete, Roberts' leadership qualities also translated to the gridiron, where he competed as a quarterback and wide receiver for the Harrisburg H.S. football team.

"I'm very excited to be headed to St. John's," said Roberts, who also recently participated in the Florida vs. USA Senior Showcase in Orlando, Fla. "The coaching staff made me feel very comfortable, and it is a great situation for me to play in New York City and the BIG EAST Conference."

"Quincy will be a great fit at St. John's because of his versatility," said Roberts' high school basketball coach, Kirk Smallwood. "As a senior he played wherever we needed him to, but he'll play a more natural position at the No. 1 and No. 2 guard spots at St. John's."

sjd8886

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 01:59:17 PM »
i hate to be an a$$ but for god sakes, do not title an email or topic breaking news if its about signing a 2 star recruit...im pumped we got a recruit, and im well aware of what other schools are doing with one or two star recruits but still, its a two star recruit...i saw the email and i thought, omg, we signed larry brown, roberts is gone, or we signed a 4 star or something...idk, maybe the program isnt as low as everyone thinks it is bc frankly i cant get that pumped up over signing a 2 star, i still feel like we can do alot better

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
One recruit might have more stars than the next, but they should all get some love on the site.  They're part of the team.

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 02:15:48 PM »
i hate to be an a$$ but for god sakes, do not title an email or topic breaking news if its about signing a 2 star recruit...im pumped we got a recruit, and im well aware of what other schools are doing with one or two star recruits but still, its a two star recruit...i saw the email and i thought, omg, we signed larry brown, roberts is gone, or we signed a 4 star or something...idk, maybe the program isnt as low as everyone thinks it is bc frankly i cant get that pumped up over signing a 2 star, i still feel like we can do alot better

It was news, I was breaking it, therefore it was breaking news. Geez we have the whiniest fan base in the country.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 02:31:12 PM »
...i saw the email and i thought, omg, we signed larry brown, roberts is gone, or we signed a 4 star or something...idk, maybe the program isnt as low as everyone thinks it is bc frankly i cant get that pumped up over signing a 2 star, i still feel like we can do alot better

thats your fault for expecting miracle news....

QR is 2-star scout.....3 star rivals.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »

cmon it was very relevant news and deserved that title.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »
not to be facetious...but st john's signing a player qualifies as breaking news.

sjd8886

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 05:03:10 PM »

It was news, I was breaking it, therefore it was breaking news. Geez we have the whiniest fan base in the country.

ok, so sorry...BREAKING NEWS-ST JOHNS MANAGES TO CONVINCE A 2 STAR RECRUIT TO PLAY FOR THEM-HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

sjd8886

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »
im sorry guys, i dont mean to come off as a $%#*, i welcome the kid here as much as anyone else...but the fact is, when i get an email saying breaking news, it should be something bigger than that...when i see breaking news, we got a 2 star who scores 18 a game, i think, wow, this program has sunk pretty low

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »

ok, so sorry...BREAKING NEWS-ST JOHNS MANAGES TO CONVINCE A 2 STAR RECRUIT TO PLAY FOR THEM-HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

No problem, im sure folks wanna hear your posts/emails complaining to Chris M just as much as our 2008 recruiting commitments.

"I've sent a few emails to him, which were actually very polite and understanding, but after reading about Brown today, knowing it would never happen even though if they offered him he would come here, i'm a little upset...every email i sent to him up to this one was actually well written, intelligent and considerate...i think this broke the streak lol...well here it is:

Ive written to you a few times concerning the basketball program and you've never gotten back to me,  but i understand a man with your job is busy.  However hoping that you at least read your emails, ill say this.  I just read an article on Larry Brown and how he desperately wants to coach again, either pro's or college, he doesnt care which and I thought, oh, this would be a perfect opportunity for St Johns to wrap up a legit coach and turn around the program, but considering the past decisions all im really doing is dreaming.  Even though if you hired Larry Brown you would be praised by every media outlet in the country, would have the support, and not to mention, financial support of the alumni, I have a feeling you won't do it, especially after telling Norm he's comming back for another year. I dont know how many more years you think you will have a job in atheltics if you let opportunities like this continue to pass.  Congratulations on cleaning up the program, not the horrid record, historic blowouts, and making me embarissed every time i mention I'm a st johns fan."

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 05:11:49 PM »
breaking news is what gets you interested in looking for more information.  we were all more interested.