New Forum Look

• 26 replies
New Forum Look
« on: August 17, 2013, 12:31:06 PM »
I figured with new uniforms and SJU rebranding so should we. I will be looking to make a few tweaks here and there too forum. I just did a major upgrade to forum's security and a little facelift.

There will be some more changes on the way for 2014. I've had less and less time to dedicate to JJ so I need to get some more help and some new writers.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: New Forum Look
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »
Thanks Dave. Can you bring back the "unread posts since last visit" on all the pages?

Chilleb

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
Thanks Dave. Can you bring back the "unread posts since last visit" on all the pages?
Yeah, like the new look but find it hard to navigate without the unread post option on each page

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 01:11:35 PM »
Yeah, like the new look but find it hard to navigate without the unread post option on each page

I see the unread feature.

Blank text bubble means all read and filled text bubble is unread. Also in the top right it says all unread posts.

Is there somewhere else I'm missing?

Mike

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
Great job Dave, thank you

Foad

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 02:57:04 PM »
I need to get some [...] some new writers.

You should hire that fun guy from BEB, his stuff is hilarious.

Question:

How come on the home page it says "This is the official board ... to discuss St. John's Basketball" but up there ^^^^ it says JJ is the "unofficial 6th man of St  John's basketball"? What makes this board official and why doesn't the officialosity extend to the entire operation?

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »

Question:

How come on the home page it says "This is the official board ... to discuss St. John's Basketball" but up there ^^^^ it says JJ is the "unofficial 6th man of St  John's basketball"? What makes this board official and why doesn't the officialosity extend to the entire operation?

JJ started as the Unofficial 6th Man because it wasn't recognized by the University.

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »
At least now when the University passes it in the hallway it gives it one of those nods.  But we all know that nod means I won't admit to nodding at you if confronted.

Foad

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »

Question:

JJ started as the Unofficial 6th Man because it wasn't recognized by the University.

So now it is recognized? Meaning RDC is the unofficial board? Kudos to Oldfan, Otis and all the other renegades. You don't know what it's like, breaking the law.

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:28:36 PM »

Question:

So now it is recognized? Meaning RDC is the unofficial board? Kudos to Oldfan, Otis and all the other renegades. You don't know what it's like, breaking the law.

It has been recognized for past 4 years as a credentialed media outlet. As far as being the 6th man it is still unofficial. I hope that clarifies.

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 09:12:25 PM »
Could you return the feature that separated threads that you have posted in. Thank you for your consideration Dave.  :up:

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 11:32:40 PM »
Could you return the feature that separated threads that you have posted in. Thank you for your consideration Dave.  :up:

I think I brought back what you're talking about. See top left corner

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
I like the new format.  I like the look and it is easy to navigate.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 11:39:00 PM »
Can we have a Kate Upton and Jessica Alba picture forum ?

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 11:43:05 PM »

You should creat a "Man" thread...where we can just post pics of hot women.  Of course Baldi would turn it into an Iona thread.

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 11:48:09 PM »

You should creat a "Man" thread...where we can just post pics of hot women.  Of course Baldi would turn it into an Iona thread.
Baldi is officially whipped now which is why he posts less. lol  All he posts on Facebook are pictures of him and his girlfriend and about flying 1st class and going on vacation together :)

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 12:44:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure that exists in "Off Topic"

Foad

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 08:36:55 AM »
It has been recognized for past 4 years as a credentialed media outlet. As far as being the 6th man it is still unofficial. I hope that clarifies.

I'm still a little confused by the word "official." Combos are the "official" cheese filled snack of Nascar. That means essentially that Mars, the makers of Combos, paid Nascar a licensing fee for the use of its trademark. At the other end of the scale is Morty Seinfeld's "Number #1 Dad" T shirt" of which Jerry tells Mr Mandelbaum: I don't know who official any of this is. By saying that yours is the "official board" does that mean that JJ is sanctioned by the university? If not, in what sense is it official?

Also, what is a credentialed media outlet? I googled the phrase ("credentialed media outlet" in quotes) because I didn't know what it meant - there's only 54 results in Google, which suggests it doesn't have an "official" meaning. Does it mean you have access to press row and conferences? I recall reading about SJ giving credentials to someone on Twitter a few years ago, it was something of a big deal at the time. (Peter Casey, I googled it.)

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:01 AM »

I'm still a little confused by the word "official." Combos are the "official" cheese filled snack of Nascar. That means essentially that Mars, the makers of Combos, paid Nascar a licensing fee for the use of its trademark. At the other end of the scale is Morty Seinfeld's "Number #1 Dad" T shirt" of which Jerry tells Mr Mandelbaum: I don't know who official any of this is. By saying that yours is the "official board" does that mean that JJ is sanctioned by the university? If not, in what sense is it official?

Also, what is a credentialed media outlet? I googled the phrase ("credentialed media outlet" in quotes) because I didn't know what it meant - there's only 54 results in Google, which suggests it doesn't have an "official" meaning. Does it mean you have access to press row and conferences? I recall reading about SJ giving credentials to someone on Twitter a few years ago, it was something of a big deal at the time. (Peter Casey, I googled it.)

How do you like the new forum look?

Foad

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 11:36:52 AM »

How do you like the new forum look?

Complete indifference is too strong a characterization of my feelings.