Staff Changes being made...

• 60 replies
Re: Staff Changes being made...
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »
I'm curious what are the two positions

As of now two positions that are open are "Head Team Manager" and "Graduate Assistant" also I don't believe St. John's has a "Video Coordinator" either. So who knows....
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2008, 07:29:49 PM »
Rumors, rumors, indeed.  If Chris Casey was let go, they'd have a press release.  Zagoria has a quote about Oz - we know about that - but I think he got Kimani from BEB.

And my first question would be... can either of these guys coach offense...!  Well, whatever the case, we will see.

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »
Chris Casey is out as a coach at St. John's..

No one has been named to replace him yet..

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2008, 08:43:50 PM »
Chris Casey is out as a coach at St. John's..

No one has been named to replace him yet..

according to...

pmg911

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 08:46:16 PM »
a friend with close ties to the school who went out of their way to find out for a fact that it was true when I asked..

« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 09:01:49 PM »
This is good news. It will help with recruiting. Other schools are already ahead of us in this game.

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2008, 09:02:39 PM »
This is good news. It will help with recruiting. Other schools are already ahead of us in this game.

VERY TRUE

kob24

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:46 PM »
Pmg I didn't hear anything at all and I was with norm yesterday give me a few I'll try to confirm it.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2008, 09:31:25 PM »
What was Chris Casey in charge of?  Braica is supposed to be the "offensive" guy, as I remember...

kob24

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »
just asked my people and they said it's not true. But in this game who knows.

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »
just asked my people and they said it's not true. But in this game who knows.

I also heard it was untrue when I contacted a few people today. Coach Casey is on vacation with his family this week so if this all being speculated because he isn't in the office.

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 09:53:02 PM »
What was Chris Casey in charge of?  Braica is supposed to be the "offensive" guy, as I remember...

"Casey...is responsible for recruiting, opponent scouting, player development, on-court instruction and practice and game preparation."

http://www.redstormsports.com/men/basketball/roster/bi_basketball_casey_chris.sju
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 10:04:48 PM »
I should add that I was told if Casey was leaving which again is not to my knowledge that it would be for a promotion/raise in his career somewhere else. It wouldn't be because he is being fired/let go.

gonzalo

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2008, 04:37:54 AM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/08/norm-looks-to-make-key-additio.html

Norm looks to make key addition to Storm staff

St. John’s coach Norm Roberts may be on the verge of an enormous coup that could eventually turn the stagnant Red Storm program around and open the door for them to recruit multiple Big East-caliber players from the city.

Roberts this afternoon offered Kimani Young, who is the AD/coach at New Heights’ respected travel team, a spot on his staff. Young, who has successfully coached at the grass roots level in the city for the past 15 years, has enormous respect in the community. He coached with Mo Hicks at CHSAA power Rice last season and has a strong working relationship with every travel team coach in the area, including Tiny Morton of Juice and Lincoln High.

Young also has established strong friendships with every good young player in the Metro area. Young could give St. John’s huge inroads with players like forward Kevin Parrom and guard Omari Lawrence of South Kent, who both would have been first team all city candidates if they stayed at St. Raymond’s; and younger blue chippers like junior forward Jayvaughn Pinkston of Loughlin and 6-8 Devon Collier of St. Anthony’s and New Heights’ 16; and junior guard Doron Lamb from the Gauchos, who just transferred from Loughlin to Oak Hill, Va. Academy.

Young has yet to decide.

Randomhero423

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008, 06:58:05 AM »
i would be very pleased if they made these two moves.

these are the types of guys you have recruiting for ya. should have happened a lot sooner.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
Adding Mr Young and/or Mr. Cross would be an excellent additition(s) to the SJU staff. Hopefully this will get done soon & be followed up shortly by the signing of a COUPLE key "local" recruits.. ;D .. peace!                                                                   

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

pmg911

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008, 09:48:47 AM »
I may stand corrected...  I got a call this morning saying that Chris Casey might NOT be out but there are some changes being made to the basketball staff...

(corrected)

« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:55:47 AM by pmg911 »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
pmg, you already said casey might be out.  do you mean that he might NOT be out?  just clarifying.

pmg911

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2008, 09:56:19 AM »
pmg, you already said casey might be out.  do you mean that he might NOT be out?  just clarifying.

IT was TYPO sorry. .  fixed it...

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2008, 12:20:25 PM »
just thinking out loud...is it one or both of these guys...Would these guys come on as Head Team Manager or Grad Assistant?

If so...Cross=Team manager and Young=Grad Assistant?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!