Jeff Allen's Son

• 9 replies

paultzman

Jeff Allen's Son
« on: September 23, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »
Former Johnny Center's son faired well in recent NE Elite 75 Camp for best New England Frosh & Sophs. Grow kid!

"We continue our review by highlighting the sophomore bigs (forwards and centers) who distinguished themselves during the four-hour session.

Jeffrey Allen – At 6-foot-4, the Madison, Conn. product proved himself an efficient and reliable player capable of scoring in bunches. Whatever Allen lacks in athleticism, he more than made up for with solid fundamentals. Allen regularly employed the shot fake against bigger and more agile players without rushing his own offense. With his father some five inches taller than Allen’s current height, the potential of continuing his playing career at the collegiate level remains a distinct possibility."

“@NERRHoops: Look back at the sophomores from last weekend's #Elite75 Frosh/Soph http://ow.ly/p6DD0

Marillac

Re: Jeff Allen's Son
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Former Johnny Center's son faired well in recent NE Elite 75 Camp for best New England Frosh & Sophs. Grow kid!

"We continue our review by highlighting the sophomore bigs (forwards and centers) who distinguished themselves during the four-hour session.

Jeffrey Allen – At 6-foot-4, the Madison, Conn. product proved himself an efficient and reliable player capable of scoring in bunches. Whatever Allen lacks in athleticism, he more than made up for with solid fundamentals. Allen regularly employed the shot fake against bigger and more agile players without rushing his own offense. With his father some five inches taller than Allen’s current height, the potential of continuing his playing career at the collegiate level remains a distinct possibility."

“@NERRHoops: Look back at the sophomores from last weekend's #Elite75 Frosh/Soph http://ow.ly/p6DD0

Man, we can really use a brother or son of a former Johnnie to be amazing!  I kept tabs on Antoine Mason for a while.  Looks like we could have used him.

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »
Is Dad on good terms with St. John's?

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
Is Dad on good terms with St. John's?

Yes. I see him sometimes at games.

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 09:50:46 PM »

Man, we can really use a brother or son of a former Johnnie to be amazing!  I kept tabs on Antoine Mason for a while.  Looks like we could have used him.

That kid can play. He could definitely get quality minutes in the big east.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
I've seen and spoken to Jeff Allen at several games recently. He's a nice guy. They had a legends night 2 years ago I believe vs Nova, and he was there with his family. I believe he played in the league.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:10:15 AM by Poison »

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »
I don't think
I've seen and spoken to Jeff Allen at several games recently. He's a nice guy. They had a legends night 2 years ago I believe vs Nova, and he was there with his family. I believe he played in the league.
I don't think he did.  Not sure about overseas.  At that time, playing in Europe or elsewhere isn't what it is now.

Also have Jay Murphy's son in Boston area I think.  He's already a beast.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 08:24:37 AM by bball purist »

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
Anyone have an update on Sergio Luyk son?

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 04:20:10 PM »
I'm assuming you didn't know that Sergio died of cancer at 36 and as far as I can tell didn't have any kids.  I know it was probably a joke but given his very early and unfortunate death it ends up being a pretty poor one.  Not really your fault.

NYCoffey

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »
Man that is sad. Too young to pass.