USA Today College Basketball Preview

• 13 replies
USA Today College Basketball Preview
« on: September 27, 2013, 11:34:24 AM »
Go check it out on newsstands. I wrote the Big East preview so you can tear me to shreds or say wow this is the best preview ever.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

Re: USA Today College Basketball Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
 Link?  Sadly, I haven't bought a newspaper or magazine in ages... Would like to read it though.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »
Link?  Sadly, I haven't bought a newspaper or magazine in ages... Would like to read it though.

Only in print
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 04:46:27 PM »
Go check it out on newsstands. I wrote the Big East preview so you can tear me to shreds or say wow this is the best preview ever.

Depends on where you rank St Johns :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:47:07 PM by Redstormy80 »

Poison

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »

I bought it. 4 is about where I'd have us. I might even go to 3rd. This should be our year. I agree with all points, but it would be nice if the content about St.John's was a full page. It's pretty light.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »
Either way congrats,that still is a big deal!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 05:40:15 AM »
I bought it this week at the local drugstore. The team is ranked 4th, behind Marquette, Georgetown, and Villanova. In the front of the magazine, Creighton is ranked 17th, but in the article, it says that the Big East will be a tough test for Xavier, Butler, and Creighton. The top 3 are NCAA tournament locks, with SJU, the Friars, and Blue Jays as bubble teams.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
I bought it this week at the local drugstore. The team is ranked 4th, behind Marquette, Georgetown, and Villanova. In the front of the magazine, Creighton is ranked 17th, but in the article, it says that the Big East will be a tough test for Xavier, Butler, and Creighton. The top 3 are NCAA tournament locks, with SJU, the Friars, and Blue Jays as bubble teams.
while no team is a lock, i think predicting us as a bubble team is very conservative.  i'm looking for a breakout season...we have everything going for us this year.  we just need to stay healthy.  i can see us being a four to six seed.  i agree with providence being a bubble team.  they, like sju, are not getting much respect, but i think they can be much better than advertised.  i think they get a bid.  this is shaping up to be a fun league...looking forward to the season.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 11:43:20 PM »
You guys are all right.  We have a shot this year, as good as we had in 1999.  We can do some damage and, this year, we don't have to pray that injuries can kill us. We are very deep. at most positions and will be playing every night with fresh legs. That counts. We will win 21 and the 'gods' will determine if we win 1, 2, or 3 more. I think we are potentially that good with our new presence in the pivot. Could be a year to remember.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »
while no team is a lock, i think predicting us as a bubble team is very conservative.  i'm looking for a breakout season...we have everything going for us this year.  we just need to stay healthy.  i can see us being a four to six seed.  i agree with providence being a bubble team.  they, like sju, are not getting much respect, but i think they can be much better than advertised.  i think they get a bid.  this is shaping up to be a fun league...looking forward to the season.

I think a bubble team is more than reasonable. We ended the year last season like children. We need to prove that we're men now.

ras

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »

I think a bubble team is more than reasonable. We ended the year last season like children. We need to prove that we're men now.
IMO its not. We were a bubble team before Harrison got suspended. We have Harrison w a better attitude, more exp, ,depth + Sanchez .Hooper ,Jorden, and a healthy Branch and Greene.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
IMO its not. We were a bubble team before Harrison got suspended.

Last year we won 2 games after January 30th. We went 2-8 in our last ten games. We were an NIT bubble team. That said, not making the tournament and winning a first round game this year would be a huge disappointment and making the Sweet 16 would not be a huge surprise.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »

IMO its not. We were a bubble team before Harrison got suspended. We have Harrison w a better attitude, more exp, ,depth + Sanchez .Hooper ,Jorden, and a healthy Branch and Greene.

We collapsed on and off the court. We have no right to ask for the benefit of the doubt. Lavin gave DLo a second chance. An objective analyst doesn't need to. It's time to put up.

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
That's awesome...Great Job Dave!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!