Are we ready to go to war?

• 13 replies
Are we ready to go to war?
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:14:31 AM »
2 recruits signed do we save the rest for 2009 now? Or do we still try and fill the roster?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Are we ready to go to war?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
save the rest because i doubt no one is worth signing. 

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »
I would still like to sign a big man.  I would rather go the JUCO route for a big guy but the kid Hamilton from London is intriguing (more of a sf).  Other than that the only guard/sf i would care for is Kilpatrick.  I guess we will just have to wait and see what Norm is thinking.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
Unless he has a good feeling about the 2009 class I think he gives out one more to a big.  That would leave us 3 for 2009...which is enough IMO.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:14:43 PM »
"the "stones" to take on New York City & all the "non-believers"... preferably someone who can handle the rock & bury an open three OR a bigman that can put the ball in the hoop..  .. trust me the "payoff" is going to be HUGE... because there is nothing like WINNING games in the BEST conference in the country, in the GREATEST city on the planet & the MEDIA capital of the world!!..  .. IMO, we are one player away from being a possible top 25 team. And once this train gets rolling the REST of the city will be hopping on the bandwagon. Especially since there is NO hope in sight for the Knicks..  ... Plus, whoever this person is will be SHOWERED with PT, praise and "exposure" on ESPN/FSN/MSG/SNY/YES/CBS..  .. Pay no attention to the GARBAGE posted on the "other" sju boards. Bottom line is we have 7 very talented frosh(Burrell is a future NBA player,  Coker/Kennedy have a legit shot based on their size/athleticism, Evans is still growing, Horne is a great athlete/defender, Boothe is a great defender/passer, etc) returning who all played signifigant minutes to go along with a HEALTHTY Mase(sr) & Thomas(22). Combine them and add someone that can put up 10 a game with 4 or 5 assists/rebounds & we can make ALOT of "noise" next season imo..  .. In other words come play in NYC/MSG... u won't regret it!!"

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 12:15:03 PM »
what a freakin nut job....

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »
what a freakin nut job....

you gotta love his enthusiasm though
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »
"the "stones" to take on New York City & all the "non-believers"... preferably someone who can handle the rock & bury an open three OR a bigman that can put the ball in the hoop..  .. trust me the "payoff" is going to be HUGE... because there is nothing like WINNING games in the BEST conference in the country, in the GREATEST city on the planet & the MEDIA capital of the world!!..  .. IMO, we are one player away from being a possible top 25 team. And once this train gets rolling the REST of the city will be hopping on the bandwagon. Especially since there is NO hope in sight for the Knicks..  ... Plus, whoever this person is will be SHOWERED with PT, praise and "exposure" on ESPN/FSN/MSG/SNY/YES/CBS..  .. Pay no attention to the GARBAGE posted on the "other" sju boards. Bottom line is we have 7 very talented frosh(Burrell is a future NBA player,  Coker/Kennedy have a legit shot based on their size/athleticism, Evans is still growing, Horne is a great athlete/defender, Boothe is a great defender/passer, etc) returning who all played signifigant minutes to go along with a HEALTHTY Mase(sr) & Thomas(22). Combine them and add someone that can put up 10 a game with 4 or 5 assists/rebounds & we can make ALOT of "noise" next season imo..  .. In other words come play in NYC/MSG... u won't regret it!!"

my goodness, red is a nightmare.

if i were norm, and i knew i was gonna be back, i would ONLY sign a top JUCO big man. not sure who's available.

if i were norm, and i knew this was my last year, i would use the remaining 2 regardless of talent level.

Poison

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 12:57:17 PM »
2 recruits signed do we save the rest for 2009 now? Or do we still try and fill the roster?

We're ready for war. In November. Watch out Sacred Heart.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »

hahaha I was thinking to myself after I posted this I knew I set myself up for a bunch of sarcastic answers but I wondered who would have been the first. I was wrong although you were in consideration.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 02:20:39 PM »

hahaha I was thinking to myself after I posted this I knew I set myself up for a bunch of sarcastic answers but I wondered who would have been the first. I was wrong although you were in consideration.

We needed guards who could handle the ball and score, and it looks like these guys may be able to do that.
I'm not sure. No one is. As far as our big men go, all need serious pratice. Coker regressed after 2 great minutes against St.Francis. Burrell was overwhelmed against good teams. Evans doesn't know the game—but he did show some upside. Tomas is lousy.

Maybe Rob Thomas can play the 4 a bit. If he's healthy that would be a huge lift. I just don't see us handing out another ship on a project. We have enough projects now.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 03:17:33 PM »

Give me whatever he's smoking.....

sjd8886

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
save the scholies...i think all of us knew since early last year we needed to rely almost completely on our guys from last year developing and maturing and carrying the load the entire 2008-2009 season...also, if we have another bad year, roberts isnt extended, and the next coach needs those scholies...if roberts has a good year, then the program has more prestige, and we can get better recruits

Poison

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 07:17:51 PM »
save the scholies...i think all of us knew since early last year we needed to rely almost completely on our guys from last year developing and maturing and carrying the load the entire 2008-2009 season...also, if we have another bad year, roberts isnt extended, and the next coach needs those scholies...if roberts has a good year, then the program has more prestige, and we can get better recruits

Didn't