• 137 replies

Moose

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »
Man I really should have trademarked Doomed
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2013, 10:10:58 PM »
Nicki Minaj at Nova.  (With due respect to Lupe Fiasco) St. John's FAIL!

And she's from queens!

gman

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
Nick Cannon at Providence.

Cooley cleaning our clocks.

DOOMED!

In the words of Dave chapelle, f*ck nick cannon

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2013, 10:13:03 PM »
Nicki Minaj at Nova.  (With due respect to Lupe Fiasco) St. John's FAIL!

And she's from queens!

NYC kids don't come to St. John's

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2013, 10:14:15 PM »
meh no one likes her anyways

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2013, 10:14:45 PM »
is there any replays of midnight madness?

lihoop

« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »
We got Primo, Gift, Rysheed, Sir Dom, D'Lo, Jakarr, Max, Lavin-  in the words of MC Hammer: "Can't Touch This"

paultzman

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »
“@DalyDoseOfHoops: Quotes from @SJUCoachLavin and nuggets of note from tonight's @StJohnsBBall Tip-Off event: http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2013/10/st-johns-tip-off-quotes-takeaways.html #sjubb #GetItIn”

redslope

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
seems like none of you were there.  I was and was impressed by the response of the students.  a long time since CA was SRO and LOUD.  was a fun night but can't judge anyone in this scrimmage but the players were having fun and seem to like each other--chemistry will be important.  CJ won the dunk contest.  This is a very fast team.  GG had a real game face on--no more smiling; one serious dude.

Old timers portion was fun for those who have sat through many seasons.  thought they should have introduced players prior to game.  Felipe still loves to shoot.  Zendon had a fun night and I spoke with him to confirm he will be coaching in Dleague this year.  Most impressive was definitely Ron Stewart who must be 50 now--great to see him get up and down the court and even score

Poison

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2013, 11:48:02 PM »
seems like none of you were there.  I was and was impressed by the response of the students.  a long time since CA was SRO and LOUD.  was a fun night but can't judge anyone in this scrimmage but the players were having fun and seem to like each other--chemistry will be important.  CJ won the dunk contest.  This is a very fast team.  GG had a real game face on--no more smiling; one serious dude.

Old timers portion was fun for those who have sat through many seasons.  thought they should have introduced players prior to game.  Felipe still loves to shoot.  Zendon had a fun night and I spoke with him to confirm he will be coaching in Dleague this year.  Most impressive was definitely Ron Stewart who must be 50 now--great to see him get up and down the court and even score

6:30 on

Thanks for the recap. Do you know who of our alumni showed up tonight?

« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2013, 01:20:51 AM »

Glad to hear it was SRO and LOUD but have seen this movie before. Exhibitions and early season non-conference games will be half full and quiet unfortunately. different people will be in attendance than were at MM. Really hope the student support increases this year because they do make the most noise at what is a mostly older, staid, conservative crowd of which unfortunately I have become a member of although I do applaude and occasionaly even yell.

Poison

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2013, 08:05:09 AM »
Saw a picture of Chudney Gray on redstormsports.com
Chud, Ty and Glover were the best alumni apparently who suited up for this.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2013, 08:52:56 AM »
The fact that MM wa sold out and loud is very exciting considering where we were only a few years ago.

The fact that Lavin is expecting a big year is a great indication...Before he was always guarded.  He did not say were making the final 4 but the expextation is that we will be playing in March.

New Big East, New network, New MSG (same garden), goes along nicely with our new uniforms and retro uniforms. This is our year to break out and reclaim the BE and MSG.

If Carnasseca and MSG are sold out with SJU fans, any extra noise will be a bonus!
Cougar O' Malley

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »
For the record meat loaf played at then Alumni Hall, that is a great place for concerts :-)
Cougar O' Malley

Tiger

« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2013, 09:19:03 AM »
Based on the lack of 2014 recruits at MM, it seems like the 2014 recruiting strategy now hinges on winning 20 games and making some noise in the tournaments and then hoping some top talent (either transfers, JCs, foreign and commitment releases (coaching changes etc.)) becomes interested.  Sounds a bit risky.  Puts pressure on the 2015 recruiting.

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2013, 09:27:37 AM »
Based on the lack of 2014 recruits at MM, it seems like the 2014 recruiting strategy now hinges on winning 20 games and making some noise in the tournaments and then hoping some top talent (either transfers, JCs, foreign and commitment releases (coaching changes etc.)) becomes interested.  Sounds a bit risky.  Puts pressure on the 2015 recruiting.

My sense is 2015 haul will be rock solid & 2014 reasonable with a surprise or two. Just my opinion.

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »
De La Rosa's attendance (a 2014) is pretty big. We need a space eater next year. Those other guys are all elite, elite recruits.

bk8664

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2013, 11:57:42 AM »

What else would you have the team do right now?  Can't do anything about the past.

paultzman

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »
“@QSJUHoops: St. John's gets best Tip-Off turnout in Lavin era. #sjubb http://sbn.to/17QifcG