Wagner Predictions

• 37 replies

boo3

Re: Wagner Predictions
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »
 I agree with you about the blowout stuff.  Final score is rarely indicative.

Must admit it was kind of funny to see someone call someone out for proclaiming an 11 point loss not being a blowout.  If STJ loses by 11 its a blowout....win by 11, oh the humanity, not even close to a blowout.. 

I'll be in corner smugly chuckling if needed...

QuanMan

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
Johnnies by 15.  Wagner will threaten but we'll be resilient.

The box score will be full of highlights. I expect the team to playing w a huge chip tomorrow night.

The 6P start is atrocious, but you can catch us at the Sly by 5!
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:21 PM »
Johnnies by 15.  Wagner will threaten but we'll be resilient.

The box score will be full of highlights. I expect the team to playing w a huge chip tomorrow night.

The 6P start is atrocious, but you can catch us at the Sly by 5!

If you can make the Sly Fox by 5:00 for pre-gaming then 6:00 is not a bad time.  Leaves enough time after the game for a nightcap or two.

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
Johnnies by 7.  Wagner gets 25 uncontested threes.  Hits only 10.  We go 3-15 from three. 

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
@rumbleSBN: Five questions about upcoming hoops opponent Wagner with @nybuckets #sjubb http://t.co/zQFtELMmOY

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 02:40:04 PM »
We'll see, but right emphasis;

@CNG_Staszewski: It's been nearly a completely defensive week for the Red Storm.  The players talked about missed assignments and rotations. #stjbb

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:16 PM »

@CNG_Staszewski: It's been nearly a completely defensive week for the Red Storm.  The players talked about missed assignments and rotations. #stjbb
Our players are clueless. We played great. Just ask many of our posters.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 03:19:39 PM »

LOL -  I don't think anyone said we played great, they simply said, it's one game, we lost, don't panic, wait until you see more from the team before you write them off.

I think everyone on this board will agree we did not play great against Wisconsin, the argument lies in whether that game is an indicator of our entire season, or an outlier.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »

LOL -  I don't think anyone said we played great, they simply said, it's one game, we lost, don't panic, wait until you see more from the team before you write them off.

I think everyone on this board will agree we did not play great against Wisconsin, the argument lies in whether that game is an indicator of our entire season, or an outlier.

Great post. Let's hope it's the latter.

desco80

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 03:40:07 PM »
I didn't make a prediction last game because I didn't want to jinx us by predicting a win.   Turns out maybe I brought us bad luck instead.
So, for the sake of superstitions ....

ST Johns  79
Wagner 58

They don't seem to be a particularly good 3pt or foul shooting team, and they don't have overwhelming size to hurt us on the boards. 
This is obviously a step-down in competition from Wisconsin, but it's more than that.    We match up very well with Wagner's style and personnel.   

Time to build some confidence. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:43:57 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »

Yes, just because I'm not running around screaming the sky is falling means I think we played great.  ::)

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
We will win a close ugly game. Small part of me would like to see this board a day after a Wagner loss though :)

boo3

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
We will win a close ugly game. Small part of me would like to see this board a day after a Wagner loss though :)

Sad thing is that there are plenty that are dying for it to happen..

hnk

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
board will be pretty wild too after a small ugly win.

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »
board will be pretty wild too after a small ugly win.

Unless we win by 30+ the board will not be happy with the outcome.

SJUFAN

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 04:35:50 PM »

Its about the players executing, not lack of a game plan. The staff knows what they are doing, the players need to get it right.

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »

Its about the players executing, not lack of a game plan. The staff knows what they are doing, the players need to get it right.

Both areas need work.

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »
Wagner 81 (27 - 3 pointers)
St. John's 67

The Fire Lavin balloons start coming out...