We wuz robbed

• 39 replies
We wuz robbed
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:56 PM »
After watching 3'lo play at a BE POY level yet again...I can't help but feel gypped by the way we spit the bit down the stretch so close to the Ncaa tournament finish line last season without our superstar.

The suspension costing us a tournament bid pisses me off.  And that's before you start discussing the Double G redshirt decision.

Re: We wuz robbed
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 09:41:10 PM »
Careful, not supposed to criticize TGAPL

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:09:04 PM »
Odds are low in my opinion that we would've made the tournament anyway.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:32:25 PM »

Don't care.  I'm a maverick like McCain and Palin.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »
TGAPL?

redslope

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:18:34 PM »
After watching 3'lo play at a BE POY level yet again...I can't help but feel gypped by the way we spit the bit down the stretch so close to the Ncaa tournament finish line last season without our superstar.

The suspension costing us a tournament bid pisses me off.  And that's before you start discussing the Double G redshirt decision.
The D'angelo I saw tonight was head and shoulders better than last year's version.  Better physical shape and no attitude.  Maybe the "time out" had a positive effect on his approach to life and will make him a better person and player--I would say that bests last years "cost" which I don't think included the NCAA's

boo3

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 11:27:23 PM »

The D'angelo I saw tonight was head and shoulders better than last year's version.  Better physical shape and no attitude.  Maybe the "time out" had a positive effect on his approach to life and will make him a better person and player--I would say that bests last years "cost" which I don't think included the NCAA's

^^This...well said.

boo3

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »

Don't care.  I'm a maverick like McCain and Palin.

Haha.. there are so many places to go with this setup, it's almost unfair...

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 12:43:18 AM »
TGAPL?
I had same question . Best I could do was The Great and Powerfull Lavin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »
TGAPL?
I had same question . Best I could do was The Great and Powerfull Lavin
Believe you are right. It comes from Fun, Foad, His Highness, from his sight BEB. I'm with Lavs on his decision to suspend DLO and evidence is even Dlo agreed. Players are getting suspended all over the college football and basketball landscape these days.

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 05:57:20 AM »
Wasn't happy with it, but it seemed to work

ras

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »
Truth be told Harrison wasn't playing well before the suspension. After watch Dlo play these first 2games Lavin is looking like a genious, although I was disappointed w he suspention.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 11:33:05 AM »
Harrison was never a problem on the court last year or this one. People chose to hate on him, then saw what the team was like w/o him and can imagine what this team would be w/o him. Basically a one man offense the last year and 2 games Basically some of you are like the guy who has a girlfriend, breaks up with her and can't get another date and finally realizes what you had. Eventually Harrison will struggle when other teams figure out no one else on the team can score consistently. Lets see how fast some of you turn on him again and start dissecting his body language then.

boo3

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 11:33:29 AM »
Truth be told Harrison wasn't playing well before the suspension. After watch Dlo play these first 2games Lavin is looking like a genious, although I was disappointed w he suspention.

"Lavin is looking like a genious"

careful... those are fighting words around here...  ;)

boo3

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 11:40:59 AM »
 I don't think people turned on Harrison at all.   They simply didn't think , based on zero information, that the suspension was something that wasn't warranted..

Many posters just assumed that Lavin had it out for him, and was in the wrong for suspending him..  Based on Harrison response to suspension and his renewed focus this season-  it looks like it might be the best thing that could have happened to him and the team.

He has worked on his game.. He is no longer just a long range shooter. he can attack the hoop now and is in the best shape of career.

I have no idea what happens behind closed doors or what really happened last year, few people do.. What I do know is that the player in question has come out like a new person this season.

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »
Not saying you did this but you never saw" punk", "gangsta" and other silly posts dissecting his body language? Kevin Williams used to look like he wanted to shiv Louie whenever he came out and if there was an internet when Mullin was playing.....
Whether it was justified or not, nothing he ever did on the court was as bad as some made it out to be!
People saying Harrison is playing better because of suspension are silly. He always played well and has been our first or 2nd best player since the day he walked on the court. People just appreciate him more now.

boo3

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
 Yeah, but I don;t think that was the prevailing thought.. There are always a few extremists around here.

He has always played well.. I'm just telling you, he looks different this season ( not talking about facial expressions). To me, he looks like a much more complete basketball player..

No one can say for certain that the suspension is the reason for anything. One thing you can say is that it didn't hurt him. 

This is speculation, but say Lavin doesn't suspend him and everything festers over the summer,  maybe he leaves? No one knows the players better than Lavin, that is undeniable.. Maybe it was a do or die situation.. Maybe he needed the kick in the pants to be the player he is now and will be for the rest of his career.

Of course you can choose not to believe this.. Maybe its all coincidence..Maybe Harrison, deep down, resents Lavin for the suspension?  I don't think so..   I saw a player and coach communicating during the game, talking to each other, Laughing , hugging ,and high fiving..

Bottom line-  I don't care what the reason is. The kid looks like a BE POY candidate.  He will probably lose his cool at some point this season,  that passion is what makes him great..  I'm not really worried what a few clowns on a message board say about him.. It was a handful, not a majority.

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 12:02:26 PM »
Not saying your post is wrong, but for whatever reason Harrison was the most dissected SJU best player I can ever remember. -Not including Norm's guys because Mason and Geno weren't good.

desco80

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »

Better player ? Yes.
But I heard/saw him dropping f-bombs on a number of occasions last night.   Sometimes at his own teammates for not cutting or dropping passes.   
And I don't have a problem with any of that.   Guys lose their cool playing sports, that's life. 
Fine with me,

But to the people who do care about grins, eye rolling and all the rest.., this is the same Dangelo we es end or two years. D ont kid yourself. 

But wasju, he certainly looks like he's playing better ball.   He's using a hopstep when he goes through the lane, and he didn't have that move last year.   
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 01:13:39 PM by desco80 »

Moose

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 01:09:09 PM »

Better player ? Yes.
But I heard/saw him dropping f-bombs on a number of occasions last night.   Sometimes at his own teammates for not cutting or dropping passes.   

Here we go again.
Remember who broke the Slice news