Jordan Suspension

• 123 replies

Moose

Re: Jordan Suspension
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »
He also had a bad defensive miss in the 2nd that attributed to him seeing the pine.  His demeanor on the bench wasn't glowing but he's not Harrison so nobody comments on that :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2013, 02:35:08 PM »
So if it is a PT issue, hopefully Lavin can resolve and crisis averted.

BTW IMO if you start comparing the kid to HOFers, then bench him(even if warranted) then you are partially to blame for creating the monster.

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2013, 03:01:20 PM »
whatever it is, i hope he plays tomorrow. this kid seems to be very fragile.  don't want him to lose confidence.   lavin may what to reconsider his approach of yanking kids after every  mistake. 

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »
whatever it is, i hope he plays tomorrow. this kid seems to be very fragile.  don't want him to lose confidence.   lavin may what to reconsider his approach of yanking kids after every  mistake. 

How about the strategy of keeping your best lineup of the night to win the game?  Should he rethink that strategy?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

hnk

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
I bet the "program" was Zach's source  that the suspension is no big deal and he's not looking to transfer.....any way it's good news.

Poison

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »
He also had a bad defensive miss in the 2nd that attributed to him seeing the pine.  His demeanor on the bench wasn't glowing but he's not Harrison so nobody comments on that :)

Actually that was my first comment. He was pissed for getting yanked, and for not returning. Obviously. I'd want him to be pissed. I don't want him to be a baby about it, but I can see him saying to Lavin why did you give Branch my minutes because does nothing to run the offense?

Poison

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »
So if it is a PT issue, hopefully Lavin can resolve and crisis averted.

BTW IMO if you start comparing the kid to HOFers, then bench him(even if warranted) then you are partially to blame for creating the monster.

Marco didn't complain when Lavin said he was the best pure shooter he's ever coached. I get the feeling that Jordan was blown up by Lavin, and he didn't like not getting the keys the car from day 1.

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »
Phil Greene happened in the Bucknell game.. Phil and D-lo were playing great and Pointer was dominating the top of the zone..

That's it in a nutshell.

« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2013, 03:37:32 PM »

How about the strategy of keeping your best lineup of the night to win the game?  Should he rethink that strategy?

i didn't say anything about best lineup. i was specifically referencing the approach of yanking them after every mistake. 

Moose

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2013, 03:38:37 PM »

Actually that was my first comment. He was pissed for getting yanked, and for not returning. Obviously. I'd want him to be pissed. I don't want him to be a baby about it, but I can see him saying to Lavin why did you give Branch my minutes because does nothing to run the offense?

Actually Branch barely saw the light of day in that 2nd half too.  At the end of the game I was wondering why we didn't have one of them as a PG on the floor. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »

Actually Branch barely saw the light of day in that 2nd half too.  At the end of the game I was wondering why we didn't have one of them as a PG on the floor. 

Branch appeared to be dealing with something.  Phil had heat on his hip every time he came off the floor.  Played in some pain

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2013, 04:21:24 PM »
See how tough Lavin is with just minor infractions and then ask yourself how long Pelle would have lasted here if he qualified?

Maybe a month???  LOL!!!

Tiznow

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:17 PM »

I was wondering if Branch was benched for the poor play on the last possession of the first half.  Instead of holding for the last shot he tried a risky pass over the top and lost the ball. 

Marillac

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2013, 06:40:03 PM »
Branch needs to step up.  He is way too skilled to be this inconsistent. 

Poison

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »
Branch needs to step up.  He is way too skilled to be this inconsistent. 

It seems like both Branch and Hooper excelled against Euro teams that didn't defend. These games count, and Americans play defense.

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2013, 06:53:30 PM »
I did not see the Bucknell game, but I read that he played well for the 1st time in the 1st half then barely played in 2nd half. Maybe something happened on the court or in the locker room that game? Or just pissed he didn't play that much in 2nd half?

Did any of you body language experts notice anything that game?
I didn't notice the body language but did recognize that he sat 2nd half despite playing pretty well in the 1st half. I wasn't happy with that -- so I expect him to be a bit pissed.

Shouldn't break rules but can't blame him for being ticked (its natural) as long as he gets over it quickly and responds positively with his next opportunity...I don't think he should sit unless he is stinking up the joint...we need him to progress and we don't want negative thoughts crossing minds of future recruits...again as long as he playing OK and heading in right direction

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
Someone is invariably going be screwed out of some PT given our depth.  I don't expect it to be Rysheed, assuming he is back.  Branch might be the odd man out.  If everyone buys in, it will allow Lavin to play the hot hand on any given night.

« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2013, 07:02:15 PM »
the over-reaction to the suspension on the other site was comical....glad to see everyone over here held pretty cool.

Poison

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:25 PM »
the over-reaction to the suspension on the other site was comical....glad to see everyone over here held pretty cool.

Jordan hasn't returned yet. He was suspended "indefinitely". Now maybe freaking out isn't necessary, but it's not crazy to be pretty annoyed w the amount of suspensions. Especially since last year's suspension ended our season.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 07:11:31 PM by Poison »

desco80

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2013, 07:15:19 PM »
To be completely fair though, the regular season in 2010 was more of an achievement than the final record suggests.   The previous two seasons that team had been 1-13 against ranked competition; they beat 6 ranked teams in the 2010 season alone, including 3 top 10 teams.   I know this isn't news to you, but some context was appropriate.   That doesn't change the fact that the 2010 team probably would've made the tournament in Norm was at the helm though, I don't disagree with you in that regard. 

All I'm saying is that giving Lavin an A++++++++++++ as a coach because he led a team with 9 guys who went on to play professional basketball to a first round NCAA loss is grading on a curve. I'm not giving Norm credit for the results and I'm not taking away credit due Lavin. It just wasn't all that "amazing."

Lavin is a definite A++++ compared to Norm and probably an A++++ compared to the alternatives. Nothing he's done is amazing, unless it's in comparison to what preceded him. If you live on a diet of feces and suddenly are offered a piece of rotten meat it might taste amazing, but that doesn't make it haute cuisine. Lavin's recruiting has been above average and his on the floor results have been average. Anyone can lose more games than they win. I'm not amazed. I'm not even enthralled any more. If he's going to amaze me I want him to hurry and do it. I'm 80 years old. I want to win now.

80?   
Humor me...
 You write with too much sarcasm to be a member of the 'Greatest Generation'.   Based on anecdotal evidence of your eclectic tastes, and balancing that with an appreciation of history (no one born after '70 knows a thing about history) I would say born late 50s , child of the 60s, but came of age in the 70s.    And partly based on your era's experiences with watergate and Vietnam there seems to be a common distrust in authority, and even more so a disbelief in the effectiveness of institutions - hence your libertarian streak.
Final answer: 54

How far off ?