Canarias Basketball Academy

• 12 replies

Moose

Canarias Basketball Academy
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:11:43 PM »
Remember when Lavin went to Spain and visited this place.  They have had some kids getting real major looks recently.  One kid popped for Louisville.  Another is getting major interest from Louisville as well.  They produce 7 footers like nothing.

http://www.cbacademy.org
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:27:34 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Canarias Basketball Academy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »
Remember when Lavin went to Spain and visited this place.  They have had some kids getting real major looks recently.  One kid popped for Louisville.  Another is getting major interest from Louisville as well.  They produce 7 footers like nothing.

How long ago did he visit?

Moose

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »

How long ago did he visit?

Last summer maybe?

TONYD3

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:51 PM »
We already had phil wait

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »
They usually make a trip to states every year and play CJEOTO in Neptune, NJ.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 07:06:50 AM »
One of their teams was in State last week...

Former FDU coach Greg Vetrone is currently coaching one of their teams at Canarias.

Dealing with Carnarias is interesting to say the least... 

Seton Hall has a few of their kids on the roster.. .   Maayan (but he is headed back to Israel for military service), Adu & Carlis....  can end up being hit or miss with their kids. Maayan would have been a much better in college had he not hurt his knew is last year at Canarias...

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »
I saw them play Monroe last week.  Pitino and Konchalski were at the game along with a number of other coaches or assistants I didn't recognize.

They had a couple of seven footers who were Phil Wait-esque projects.  Pitino and Dixon (a player signed with Pitt) can afford to have the Phil Waits of the world.  I'm not sure about us.

Monroe beat them by nine but the game wasn't that close.  Canaria just wasn't that good...at least not against a top quality JC.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »
I saw them play Monroe last week.  Pitino and Konchalski were at the game along with a number of other coaches or assistants I didn't recognize.

They had a couple of seven footers who were Phil Wait-esque projects.  Pitino and Dixon (a player signed with Pitt) can afford to have the Phil Waits of the world.  I'm not sure about us.

Monroe beat them by nine but the game wasn't that close.  Canaria just wasn't that good...at least not against a top quality JC.

Newsie, anyone on Monroe worth a good look?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 06:22:34 PM »

Intersting, Maurice Ndour is averaging 14 pionts, 7.8 boards, 2.6 blocks, 2 asissts, and shooting 44% from three on 1.8 attempts per game for 4-1 Ohio.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/teams/oab/stats/

Is it too late to trade him for Marco?

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »
Those stats are very very impressive.  Kid must really like it there cause he could have played bigger.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
What is the status of Ndours  recruitment?

Moose

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
What is the status of Ndours  recruitment?

He's at Ohio U.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 09:05:36 PM »

\

Nehemias Morillo looks very good...but he verballed to Ohio U when he went out there to visit Ndour.  He was 7-11 three point shooting against Canaria with nine rebounds and three assists. 

Another very good one is Jaelyn Johnson.  He's uncommitted.  I don't think anyone else is division 1 at this point.

BTW, Sanchez and Bourgault have shown up together to watch a couple of Monroe games this season.